Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

A Charge Up the Leagues?? :lol:

Wasn't that about four seasons to get out of the basement?

#charge

Stand back, the Hype Machine is firing up again and targeting simpletons across the island - next step, some dull loan signing accompanied by the traditional template interview.

Massive club, great fans, sleeping giant, table tennis table, Tesco nearby, dock strike, SS tank driver, longest contract I've ever been offered on stupid wages, blah, blah, yawn, etc.

what happened to the old"keeping my powder dry for the mo" malarky:uhoh:

Manchester United and Juventus are just two footballing powerhouses that use the same equipment

Wow... must be really special!!

but two lines later:

The club’s head physio believes the GPS systems brings Pompey on to a level playing field with the rest of the teams in League One.

LOL. So Manchester United and Juventus are just two footballing powerhouses that use the same equipment but then again so are Fleetwood and Rochdale.

sorry Mack, we are resting between league defeats so I thought I'd have a little pop at an easy target.

It was fun and slightly nostalgic, all those references to how important it was, then you read the small print and realise it was aimed at easily-led simpletons...I couldn't resist.

:p

It was a big night for that Chelsea youth team - if any of them make it in the game they will always fondly recall the one night that they experienced the best atmosphere in world football.

And the plucky 3,113 people who packed the fortress and roared Jackett's battling troops to a gloriously narrow defeat, will never see those Chelsea players again.

• 2 weeks later...
One assumes our old fair wearther chum Mack Rill has run out of popcorn...?

giphy.gif

that's a tad unfair, he comes on here when things are tough on them, not like the others. Anyway could anyone give us an update on their promotion push. I only have Sky and all the other terrestrial channels, but not the Disney Channel to watch and so don't hear about their progress.

Then again they are easily baffled by the concept of things like National Insurance, paying players' their wages - and passing on charity money.

Once they master them, they could progress to complex things like tactics.

Either way, Jackett's doing great at the moment.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/rocha-relives-crazy-moment-in-that-iconic-pompey-match-1-8354750

After all these years, the sad skate still reliving the highlight of his career ... smashing the ball into a defenceless fan !!

The very same game where a point each contributed to us being promoted and the now extinct Football Club that used to play at Fratton Park being relegated.

Happy days indeed

Nick my boy,

failing to win against the shyt hawks makes it a 6 pointer with the baggies,

can see slop's running out of rope.:scared:

We are doing survival in style, none of this flashy winning to get 3 points in one go, but a point at a time. We are the invincibles, 5 in a row without defeat, that is getting the open top bus tour form, in your neck of the woods.

We are rewriting the history books, turn a cup final and team that finished 8th into a ship that Uncle Albert sailed

This will cheer them up as their promotion push fades.

Jose Mourinho says atmosphere at Old Trafford is "quiet". "It is not Portsmouth. I remember Portsmouth when I came to the PL. Such a small stadium but incredible atmosphere. Here atmosphere is a bit quiet. It is not very, very enthusiastic but the players like to play at home."

ffs!!you think at last time to get on hear for a bit of gloating. and what happens, I jumps the gun, you feckin win, and to top it all off we are all but f****d by Donny friggin rovers:blush:
have I missed something Mack ,did Pompey have a game today? How did you get on, I haven't got a crystal set to get your results. The big teams get reported in the mainstream media but yours seem to not get mentioned. Let me know as I'm interested in your push to glory.

I just thought you'd like to know that the invincibles won today. 6 games now, amazing. Let me know when I can come on and gloat

This will cheer them up as their promotion push fades.

Jose Mourinho says atmosphere at Old Trafford is "quiet". "It is not Portsmouth. I remember Portsmouth when I came to the PL. Such a small stadium but incredible atmosphere. Here atmosphere is a bit quiet. It is not very, very enthusiastic but the players like to play at home."

Sure enough... https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/mourinho-old-trafford-is-nothing-like-incredible-pompey-1-8363982

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})