Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Where did they manage to get on Astroturf? The Astroturf pitches around them would probably be owned by the Navy at HMS Temeraire, or local schools, all of whom would have wanted money for the hire of their pitch.

Hopefully all these providers of facilities are now wise enough of the necessity to ask for cash up front first.

As it is, they risk being cast into 'villian' status by merely having the front to ask the People's Club for money when they should be prepared to provide it all for nothing. In fact, they should pay the club for the honour of having them deign to train on their facilities.

the current skate training ground is at the Furze Lane Portsmouth University campus sports facilities, which recently had a new astro turf pitch installed.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/boss-calls-for-patience-in-bid-to-reverse-pompey-slide-1-5761595

Most of the debts has been cleared, and the remainding debt is handled by the parachute payments, so essentially we are debt free, with 15-18k fans ready to back our charge up through the leagues, put it all into perspective, given where we were a year ago - incredible.

:mcinnes:

Jesus. How can they know so little about the workings of their own club?

Is the final parachute payment even enough to cover the debt to the players? Let alone the CVA and money borrowed from the Developer. I expect the HNWs would like something back sometime too.

Their attendance income (with their free matches included) has a hell of a lot of costs to cover

Where did they manage to get on Astroturf? The Astroturf pitches around them would probably be owned by the Navy at HMS Temeraire, or local schools, all of whom would have wanted money for the hire of their pitch.

Hopefully all these providers of facilities are now wise enough of the necessity to ask for cash up front first.

As it is, they risk being cast into 'villian' status by merely having the front to ask the People's Club for money when they should be prepared to provide it all for nothing. In fact, they should pay the club for the honour of having them deign to train on their facilities.

They just climb over the fence after 4.00pm and leg it when the caretaker comes along.

" In June 2010, Padovani signed a one-year professional deal with Monaco, which was renewed a year later.

He was released at the end of 2011–12 season, without featuring with the first team. However, after failed trials with Nantes, Laval and CA Bastia, he returned to Monaco II with an amateur contract. He then was a regular starter at the reserve side for 2012–13. In April 2013, Padovani went on a trial at Leyton Orient. He trained with the club for a week, but nothing came of it. ...... , he went on a trial at Portsmouth, after Sebastien Ewen (Yassin Moutaouakil's agent) indicated the player to Pompey & got a 2 year contract

Edited by qwertySFC

the current skate training ground is at the Furze Lane Portsmouth University campus sports facilities, which recently had a new astro turf pitch installed.

Thanks chez, I was wondering... The astroturf pitch in Portsmouth we train on isn't that one but at a school, obviously used as a playground, and I always spend a minute clearing the broken biros and other plastic stuff from the goalmouth before I end up diving on it in training. I know how we pay for it (our subs) but was wondering how Portsmouth managed?;-)

Its not Monaco as we know it - he was signed from their second team Monaco II - pub league standard

That's a little unfair; I've had a few friends who played pub league football and he doesn't look he's got a beer gut... But yes, how well he copes in L2 will be interesting... Either way,good luck to the lad, he obviously wants to succeed in football, and he might be lucky to move on from Pompey.

" In June 2010, Padovani signed a one-year professional deal with Monaco, which was renewed a year later.

He was released at the end of 2011–12 season, without featuring with the first team. However, after failed trials with Nantes, Laval and CA Bastia, he returned to Monaco II with an amateur contract. He then was a regular starter at the reserve side for 2012–13. In April 2013, Padovani went on a trial at Leyton Orient. He trained with the club for a week, but nothing came of it. ...... , he went on a trial at Portsmouth, after Sebastien Ewen (Yassin Moutaouakil's agent) indicated the player to Pompey & got a 2 year contract

So he was playing for the reserves of an amateur team in one of the smallest states in Europe - then gets a 2-year contract with them? Absolutely priceless!!!

Until the skates learn the same lesson and start to show some respect for the League in which they are in , they will not be able to go forward.

They should indeed respect the fourth division, and enjoy it while they can, because it may be a generation or two before they reach these dizzy heights again.

There does still seem to be a little reluctance in accepting the crimes of the past - or the reality of the present.

I also suspect that a large section of their fanbase would do it all again for the glory of beating a midtable bankrupt Championship club 1-0, using players who will have to wait about eight years for their wages.

Let's not pretend that plummeting from the elite to the basement isn't a punishment of sorts, but yeah you talked me into it, one more relegation should probably do it.

The pressure is on for the new management team. From the guardian's half season report by fan Benedict West...

Season in one word Struggle

How's it going? A tough half-season in League Two. We have sparked occasionally, but faltered too frequently. Bright beginnings to matches have fizzled out into dull draws and abject starts have been followed by promising performances, without success. We now find ourselves four points from the bottom of the table, following a winless streak of eight games. Maulings by Oxford and Newport were followed by home defeats to Southend and S****horpe. There's hope that the new management team of Richie Barker and Steve Coppell can turn things around (with encouraging words so far), but there's hardly anything to build on.

Who's been the star? Ricky Holmes has been the closest we've had to a consistent performer. He is currently the top assister in League Two (seven assists), which is decent considering our top scorer has not scored in the league since August.

Biggest disappointment? The squad failing to gel in the way that many of us convinced ourselves that it would. Community spirit and fan-ownership does not transfer into a unified team. (I should also mention the match-fixing allegations against Sam Sodje which were the last thing we needed associated in any way with the club. Dreadful.)

All we want for Christmas is ... A revival – something to cling on to and a semblance of stability. At this stage, we should forget pre-season predictions of play-offs and promotion – it's survival we're aiming for.

Benedict West

Comment from The Snooze

HarryHoudini

5:05 PM on 21/12/2013

Rubbish rubbish and more rubbish .Should have let the club die and start again . Another 5 years of this you must be joking . No positives at all . Merry christmas yeah right . Absolute disgrace to the shirt .

All together now

'We told you so!'

All together now

'We told you so!'

Indeed. They'd be on their way up through the non-leagues by now and knocking on the door of the football league in a much healthier state had they not been hell bent on maintaining their league status and clinging onto falsely gained 'history'..

Hey ho :)

It might seem a bit obvious, but that my little nutjob friends, is the end of any play-off dreams. :o

They will not be going up, and though I doubt that they will be going down, the income projections and the plan of an immediate return to Glorytown are a little bit fuc£ed.

The biggest and pluckiest fan-owned dream in world sport didn't fall at the first hurdle, it came over all wheezy on the blocks* - and had to be carried away by rotund St John's staff.

As the PDT plan has hit the rocks, just think what Chanrai might have achieved had he been allowed. :lol:

*Avram and a prossie who suffers from breathing difficulties.

Justice won't be served until they accept that the division they're in is where they deserve to be and that they're not infinitely grander than their opposition.

Ergo, never

Happy Christmas nutjobs, don't move along, there's plenty to see here!

;)

and I think that the Division they deserve to be in is the one below they are currently in !

Oh, how the wheel of fortune has changed LOL !

Still they can take some consolation from the fact that the much-maligned villain Whittingham will never amount to much at Crawley.

Oh, wait..

It looks as though Crawley are enjoying something of a new manager bounce. Either that, or the players are happy to be rid of Barker.

Still, p****y are just waiting until the January transfer window opens so Barker and Catlin - armed with a wedge of parachute money to spend - can mount a raid and beef up the squad with some Bury players.

Oh, wait...

Still they can take some consolation from the fact that the much-maligned villain Whittingham will never amount to much at Crawley.

Oh, wait..

It looks as though Crawley are enjoying something of a new manager bounce. Either that, or the players are happy to be rid of Barker.

Still, p****y are just waiting until the January transfer window opens so Barker and Catlin - armed with a wedge of parachute money to spend - can mount a raid and beef up the squad with some Bury players.

Oh, wait...

I think they are at a critical tipping point. If they continue to slide down the table I can see them going extinct. If it happens it it will be most galling to them, as I don't think many will notice as they are now so insignificant.

I suppose when Tesco's builds the hypermarket on the site there might be a little plastic placard to remind people that they once existed on this site. Something of a curiosity for future generations.

They blame the FA for the FAPPT (Which was never about how much money any owner has) but the irony is that it is down to the FA that they have a chance. If you look at that table and then add the minus 10, I would say they are already down.

They think the world is against them, but judges, politicians, creditors and the football association have done nothing but help them and bend over backwards.............yet they still foooook it up.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})