Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Can I be the first to wish Portsmouth Community Football Club [est.7 Feb 2012] Happy 5th Birthday

And what a five years it has been. Who could forget that highest-ever league finish last season, 6th place in the fourth division. Awesome.

Or the hysteria on Portsea Island on reaching the fourth round of the FA Cup, beating towering giants like Macclesfield, Accrington Stanley and Ipswich on the way to glory.

Never mind that those are the only FA Cup ties that they've won in their history, having gone out in the first round every other season.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKATES. Here's hoping you have a blue blue future.

Slightly off topic but worthy of a mention I feel is the opening sentance in last Thursday's News. The front page headline story was about a serial fly tipper who, according to the News, 'had blighted many beauty spots across Portsmouth'. If any English students ever needed an example of the perfect oxymoron.......

I didn't realise 'to blight' meant 'to improve'.

In health news, another glorious victory for the spiritual home of the few.

The Shepherd's Crook, the traditional home pub within a fat squirt of Fratton Park, has scooped the Portsmouth City Council award for the dirtiest pub on Portsea.

When visited by health inspectors it was the only pub in the city to score zero in hygiene ratings. :scared:

The Shepherd's Crook, the traditional home pub within a fat squirt of Fratton Park, has scooped the Portsmouth City Council award for the dirtiest pub on Portsea.

When visited by health inspectors it was the only pub in the city to score zero in hygiene ratings. :scared:[/quote

Is that where the dirty pish smelling tramp TCW frequents? Anywhere he visits needs fumigating and hosing down with bleach to remove all trace of him. :scared:

When visited by health inspectors it was the only pub in the city to score zero in hygiene ratings. :scared:

amazing that from a city of 1 gene

When visited by health inspectors it was the only pub in the city to score zero in hygiene ratings. :scared:[/quote

Is that where the dirty pish smelling tramp TCW frequents? Anywhere he visits needs fumigating and hosing down with bleach to remove all trace of him. :scared:

That'll be him p*ssing on the seats again then.

I can only conclude that the News have set some poor work experience nark to ape the wonderful Mr Allen. Anyways, it's resulted in a fantastic piece about the legendary power of the amazing few including:

- The night "Ronaldinho and Co paid tribute to the Fratton faithful."

- Laugh-a-minute spelling and grammar errors such as: "A special night which has gone down in Pompey Legend. A huge army of 12,000 fans mad the pilgrimage to Anfield for the League Cup tie."

- A non sequitur of an ending: "Here’s five other memorable games when the club’s following took centre stage." (except there aren't five other games)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-days-when-pompey-fans-showed-their-might-1-7810470

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38885629

Avram Grant has ended his time as Ghana coach after more than two years in charge of the Black Stars.

The Israeli's contract is shortly to expire and at the Africa Cup of Nations, where Ghana finished fourth, he said there would be no renewal.

Grant said he had met with Ghana FA president Kwesi Nyantakyi and informed him "the time is right for me to move on to a new challenge".

A return to his spiritual home?

I can only conclude that the News have set some poor work experience nark to ape the wonderful Mr Allen. Anyways, it's resulted in a fantastic piece about the legendary power of the amazing few including:

- The night "Ronaldinho and Co paid tribute to the Fratton faithful."

- Laugh-a-minute spelling and grammar errors such as: "A special night which has gone down in Pompey Legend. A huge army of 12,000 fans mad the pilgrimage to Anfield for the League Cup tie."

- A non sequitur of an ending: "Here’s five other memorable games when the club’s following took centre stage." (except there aren't five other games)

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-days-when-pompey-fans-showed-their-might-1-7810470

F**k me they really are desperate to grab at anything in order to try and distract from the fact that they failed to get promotion last season. Again. And they aren't looking too certain to get it this season either.

What a totally cringeworthy effort at journalism that is. Most of those are just examples of the skates having a moan because they got relegated. Or went bust. Again.

As for the Milan game...... 'hey look! We managed a draw!'

F**k me they really are desperate to grab at anything in order to try and distract from the fact that they failed to get promotion last season. Again. And they aren't looking too certain to get it this season either.

What a totally cringeworthy effort at journalism that is. Most of those are just examples of the skates having a moan because they got relegated. Or went bust. Again.

As for the Milan game...... 'hey look! We managed a draw!'

They have a habit of celebrating plucky draws. Tinpot.

I heard the Scouse idiot on Solent droning on about "this club has been here for hundreds of years".

I hope someone tells him quickly it's somewhat less than that. 5 to be exact.

Come on, credit where it's due, they've just won a game in the fourth division against...ah...mmmm....oh.... Accrington Stanley? Whoadey?

They have a habit of celebrating plucky draws. Tinpot.

Yes indeed. The biggest was The 2-2 Draw, where a breathtaking 20 pass attack culminated in Norris striking a spectacular bicycle kick equaliser in the 98th minute, thereby denying us promotion that year and at the same time saving them from relegation.

Happy 5th birthday Skate toddlers.

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!

I should add that the following exchange was, I'm told, all done in the spirit of humour and good spirits.

My wife is a medical assistant. This week she was at the reception desk. She was chatting with a patient who came from Portsmouth. She told him she was married to a guy from Southampton, and eventually, of course, he piped up with pride "We call then Scummers, ya know".......After all the paperwork was done, she told him to take a seat. He walked towards a seat, and she called out "Not there please sir....in the corner, that's where we make the Skates sit."

All those years when I told her all about the rivalry, I thought she wasn't listening!! Bless her!!! :D

Edited by Ohio Saint

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!

I should add that the following exchange was, I'm told, all done in the spirit of humour and good spirits.

My wife is a medical assistant. This week she was at the reception desk. She was chatting with a patient who came from Portsmouth. She told him she was married to a guy from Southampton, and eventually, of course, he piped up with pride "We call then Scummers, ya know".......After all the paperwork was done, she told him to take a seat. He walked towards a seat, and she called out "Not there please sir....in the corner, that's where we make the Skates sit."

All those years when I told her all about the rivalry, I thought she wasn't listening!! Bless her!!! :D

:toppa:

I LOVE MY WIFE!!!

top girl

That is such a poor division that I still can't see them dodging promotion again, that would be an epic achievement.

So tonight is the big one - win at home and I suspect they will scramble into third for the rest of the season.

That would mean they could rejoin bigger clubs like Bury, Rochdale and Fleetwood.

But credit where it's due, and they do love a bit of credit.

They have come a a long way in five years - from the bottom of League One, all the way to...half a dozen places below that.

That is such a poor division that I still can't see them dodging promotion again, that would be an epic achievement.

So tonight is the big one - win at home and I suspect they will scramble into third for the rest of the season.

That would mean they could rejoin bigger clubs like Bury, Rochdale and Fleetwood.

They have come a long way in five years - from the bottom of League One, all the way to...half a dozen places below that.

Its the pashun though, innit. Better than any nasty old Premier League £millions, better than having a ground that isn't collapsing and betterer by far than having to play rubbishy plastic Premier League or European teams

Jordan Cross writes incoherent rubbish, and he doesn't know what an analogy is.

"Paul Cook this week used the analogy of a clipped, intense round-robin to sort out who’s getting out of terrain which feels increasingly godforsaken in footballing terms."

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/the-clatter-of-pompey-promotion-numbers-being-crunched-1-7823345

They have come a a long way in five years - from the bottom of League One, all the way to...half a dozen places below that.

BUT...Plymouth and Donny are solid top 2, despite Tues slip ups. Luton and Carlisle are decent sides for that level and could easily get 3rd. Exeter were on a great run and have goalscorers for that level - Wheeler and Reid. Skates could 3rd or 7th - Luton home and away in PL SFs they would not want.

Just think of the pressure of the Bestest on those poor journeymen lucky enough to wear the same shirts (well, they aren't really) that won Division 1 in the 1930s.

BUT...Plymouth and Donny are solid top 2, despite Tues slip ups. Luton and Carlisle are decent sides for that level and could easily get 3rd. Exeter were on a great run and have goalscorers for that level - Wheeler and Reid. Skates could 3rd or 7th - Luton home and away in PL SFs they would not want.

Just think of the pressure of the Bestest on those poor journeymen lucky enough to wear the same shirts (well, they aren't really) that won Division 1 in the 1930s.

Get a grip of yourself man. The title is virtually theirs. What with the money they spend, the top class facilities, fortress Fratton, the massivest most passionest crowd in the world that make opposing players wilt under the pressure. Heck the away support is huge too so even home players (who have likely spent their whole life dreaming about a glamour tie with Portsmouth) **** their shorts at the merest thought of the wall of noise and passion.

It's nailed on!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})