Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

At least they own their club right?

Looking forward to the infighting and Allen trying to make out it is a positive thing...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/york-v-pompey-live-1-5539966#comments-area

"9 points from 9 games and 9 points off the play off zone. 999 situation at Fratton. Sorry couldn't resist it!!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reading through Allen's article, they talk about P&L, can anyone point me to where the P came into it?

Ah, apologies, they took the P out of the charities and other creditors.

There is good news for them however. At least a tonking should mean their highlights should be on before 1am tonight

Just a few classic lines forum comments from out friends in blue tonight after a heavy 4-1 defeat

Why is it all the defenders of whitts say we have to come up with a replacement.

That's not my job that's the first really big test for our new board there would be plenty of managers out there who would jump at the chance to manage here and would more than likely take a pay

Manager of Pompey is a big job in football and an inspiring one. The chance to turn round a big regional club with a strong fan base

Exactly mate, any manager worth their salt would jump at the chance of managing this club with the turn out week after week we get ... They'd have the chance to join the legendary ranks as Burrows, Campbell, Ball etc in turning this great club around

Exactly mate, any manager worth their salt would jump at the chance of managing this club with the turn out week after week we get ... They'd have the chance to join the legendary ranks as Burrows, Campbell, Ball etc in turning this great club around

Bloody he'll, they've been turned around so many time, no wonder they're all dizzy.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bloody hell, they've been turned around so many times, no wonder they're all dizzy.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

So they want him gone - This is the list one of the fans has posted as alternatives;

List of available managers Edited On: 28/09/2013 18:50

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

all this 'who else is there though' is an excuse.

Alan Knill

Gerard Houllier

Mark McGhee

Paul Simpson

Alan Shearer

Gordon Strachan

Mark Robson

Paul Sturrock

Alex McLeish

Martin O'Neill

Peter Jackson

Andy Thorn

Henning Berg

Michael Appleton

Peter Reid

Avram Grant

Iain Dowie

Mick Wadsworth

Richard O'Kelly

Brian Horton

Jamie Pitman

Micky Mellon

Roberto Di Matteo

Jim Magilton

Neale Cooper

Roy Keane

Carl Fletcher

John Barnes

Neil Warnock

Sammy McIlroy

Dave Penney

John Coleman

Nick Barmby

Simon Davey

Dean Holdsworth

John Still

Ståle Solbakken

Gary Megson

Keith Curle

Steve Cotterill

Gary Mills

Keith Millen

Paul Groves

Steve Kean

Gary Simpson

Lawrie Sanchez

Paul Hart [cr]

Sven-G. Eriksson

Gary Smith

Lee Bradbury

Paul Jewell

Terry Brown

Gary Waddock

Les Parry

Paul Peschisolido

Terry Connor

Geraint Williams

So they want him gone - This is the list one of the fans has posted as alternatives;

List of available managers Edited On: 28/09/2013 18:50

Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

all this 'who else is there though' is an excuse.

Alan Knill

Gerard Houllier

Mark McGhee

Paul Simpson

Alan Shearer

Gordon Strachan

Mark Robson

Paul Sturrock

Alex McLeish

Martin O'Neill

Peter Jackson

Andy Thorn

Henning Berg

Michael Appleton

Peter Reid

Avram Grant

Iain Dowie

Mick Wadsworth

Richard O'Kelly

Brian Horton

Jamie Pitman

Micky Mellon

Roberto Di Matteo

Jim Magilton

Neale Cooper

Roy Keane

Carl Fletcher

John Barnes

Neil Warnock

Sammy McIlroy

Dave Penney

John Coleman

Nick Barmby

Simon Davey

Dean Holdsworth

John Still

Ståle Solbakken

Gary Megson

Keith Curle

Steve Cotterill

Gary Mills

Keith Millen

Paul Groves

Steve Kean

Gary Simpson

Lawrie Sanchez

Paul Hart [cr]

Sven-G. Eriksson

Gary Smith

Lee Bradbury

Paul Jewell

Terry Brown

Gary Waddock

Les Parry

Paul Peschisolido

Terry Connor

Geraint Williams

I wonder how many variations on the theme 'sorry, I've just found something important to do but thanks all the same' they'll hear from the targets on that modest list

POL Comments of the Day:

"Who the hell are Bournemouth? A minnow, devoid of decent history, with a wealthy foreigner punching incredibly above its weight. Crikey, a comparison with them. You post as if they are a rival to us."

"I am getting grumpier and grumpier during games. We are drawing with the football powerhouse that is York City. Faneffingtastic. Can we please actually win this one and stop piddling about"

"We've got the mighty Rochdale next week"

"This is their [trust] first real tough decision they will have to make for on the pitch matters. How much longer can we go on like this?"

"its time for the trust to grow some balls"

"We need to use the loan market starting with a goalkeeper"

"Time for the Board to match the ambition showed by us and appoint Warnock"

"I am sick of losing. Sick of minnows wiping their feet on us. We are numbed by this garbage"

"We are Portsmouth Football Club, twice champions of England. Playing Minnows. I'm sorry to adopt such a superior attitude in the 4th division but too many people at this club do not have that ruthless, aggressive, 'we are better than you, AND we will show it' attitude. At the moment we have an attitude of 'we are bigger than these clubs, but lets allow them to enjoy their big day out against Pompey'. It's arrogance but more importantly, it's soft as ****!"

So basically they are already fed up with League 2 and are prepared to sack any manager that doesn't look like winning every game in the division, as is their right. They want Warnock installed and if that doesn't happen then the trust has no balls. We need to sign better players regardless of financial consideration and how dare they be compared to Bournemouth because they are minnows. Another few seasons in League 2 is just what they need.

and one to put a smile on your face from the general himself...

"I wouldn't put it past them to make it into a Europa Cup place though. Dear God, even when they were sh*t and down in League One they would have absolutely creamed us today, we are f**king atrocious!!"

From Pompey online - no doubt banned seconds later...

York fan here. Firstly you don't know what our 'aims' are for this season. Just surviving certainly isn't an aim as that is dangerous, we learnt that last season.

Secondly when we got relegated to the Conference in 2004 we had a similar attitude. We even called ourselves 'the Arsenal of the Conference' reflecting our misplaced belief that playing fancy football would get us out of that league. It took us 8 years and by then we had a lot more respect for that level.

Thirdly, playing you isn't a 'big day out' for us. In recent seasons we've played at Wembley 3 times and played top tier sides in cup competitions. Those were big days out.

You're a 4th division side now and you need to get used to it. You certainly won't be leaving this division in an upwards direction until you get a new defence.

I didn't intend to post on here, I only signed up to read the views and opinions but your attitude prompted me to.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})