Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Probably nothing significant in this, and it may have been posted before, but for the nutjob records I note that Mark Catlin was made a director of Portsmouth Community Football Club a couple of months ago. Not sure why he would only recently have become a director. Anyway, as you were gentlemen (and ladies).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07940335/filing-history

Excuse me, but they sang it on that godforsaken train on Saturday as well. However, Saints fans have been singing it all over Europe (and the middle east) since September. We sang it in Israel. It's still a crap song, btw.

I notice Newport are hitting a bit of form. Just in time too, the skates play them next weekend

Newport have the chance to lose at home twice before that game... which is more like the kind of form they usually have before beating Portsmouth.

You won't get much of a match report, I'm going to a wedding do in the evening.

Probably nothing significant in this, and it may have been posted before, but for the nutjob records I note that Mark Catlin was made a director of Portsmouth Community Football Club a couple of months ago. Not sure why he would only recently have become a director. Anyway, as you were gentlemen (and ladies).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07940335/filing-history

The club now has 9 active directors, 3 of whom represent the pst 'owners', and the other 6 are just there to make up the numbers.

The club now has 9 active directors, 3 of whom represent the pst 'owners', and the other 6 are just there to make up the numbers.

Newport's model (which is the same but without the "complexity" of High Net Worths) has fan elections for the 6 who make up the numbers - but in Newport's case they're actually running the club. Whether that's better or worse is open to debate, but at least there's no pretence.

Stevenage winning 1-0

Early days though, I'm sure the hordes of the travelling blue army will help their team to a famous comeback

Also, a bit odd that we're both playing away this weekend.

I think they are now to insignificant to be paired with us anymore.......

Blackpool on the march now.

Beating Newport (who hit the bar in injury time which would have made it 2-2, then scored an open goal at the other end with the keeper still up) doesn't say much for their "march", tbh - can't see them getting near the automatic promotion places. Still, the Skates will have to beat the "not always useless" Newport County side next week... although Newport are home to Luton on Tuesday first. Expect red cards on Tuesday, they didn't get on last time they met and the pitch is not going to be conducive to anything other than a kicking match. County away on grass are a much better side, especially at Fratton, three wins in three years.

Just had breakfast with our pet Pompey fan here in Mumbai, I swear he was reading off a list of Portsmouth clichés. They don't boo their players, there were fans singing 45 minutes after the final whistle yesterday. I asked if he would go to the play off final if Portsmouth were playing, he said "of course, Wembley is like my second home". I said if they do go up they won't be a big fish in a little pond any more, there are bigger teams in League One and he said that's a good thing because he hates being the big team because for every other team playing Pompey is their cup final, and that teams just aren't used to playing infront of such a big, passionate crowd of 19k+ fans (average attendance is more like 16k, which is regularly out-sung by the away fans).

I did mention that as far as I know Portsmouth Community Football Club have never played at Wembley since they've only existed for five years and he sort of grumbled something about it still being the same team really and nobody cares about their administration. He's pretty worried about Newport coming to play though, as they're coming to claim their 'giant's scalp' for another year.

Beating Newport (who hit the bar in injury time which would have made it 2-2, then scored an open goal at the other end with the keeper still up) doesn't say much for their "march", tbh - can't see them getting near the automatic promotion places. Still, the Skates will have to beat the "not always useless" Newport County side next week... although Newport are home to Luton on Tuesday first. Expect red cards on Tuesday, they didn't get on last time they met and the pitch is not going to be conducive to anything other than a kicking match. County away on grass are a much better side, especially at Fratton, three wins in three years.

I confess I haven't delved into how they've played in getting results. Stevenage also in form - won 5 of last 6 with the one defeat coming at hands of Blackpool who also unbeaten in 6. These are the two teams I am hoping catch them. The others have depressingly fallen away.

Let's be honest, they should finally go up this year. But if they fail....again.... wow.......

I mean they apparently have the budget to spend on a team constructed specifically to get them out of league two. (Gloss over the fact that this has been apparently true for the past three seasons)

A gate of 13-16k each home game should be enough to provide sufficient revenue for this to be true.

If they fail again......

Let's be honest, they should finally go up this year. But if they fail....again.... wow.......

I mean they apparently have the budget to spend on a team constructed specifically to get them out of league two. (Gloss over the fact that this has been apparently true for the past three seasons)

A gate of 13-16k each home game should be enough to provide sufficient revenue for this to be true.

If they fail again......

It's tough though when they've got the EFL/Sky/Referees/Poor pitches conspiring against them every week

To put it into context, that was £5,000 a minute - to sit on a bench.

It seems bizarre in the cold light of day but when your business model is to outbid everyone to employ players at any cost but not pay them, or anyone else, nothing seems unusual.

That was a pretty standard pompey contract back then.

And the pompey fans getting excited about promotion back towards big boy football now, are the same ones who blindly supported that suicidal policy back then - and still cherrypick history by celebrating the tarnished victories of the former business run from the same site.

To put it into context, that was £5,000 a minute - to sit on a bench.

It seems bizarre in the cold light of day but when your business model is to outbid everyone to employ players at any cost but not pay them, or anyone else, nothing seems unusual.

That was a pretty standard pompey contract back then.

And the pompey fans getting excited about promotion back towards big boy football now, are the same ones who blindly supported that suicidal policy back then - and still cherrypick history by celebrating the tarnished victories of the former business run from the same site.

Why are they getting excited, I thought they preferred the proper football down in that league

Staying behind chanting and bell ringing in an empty stadium half an hour after the whistle has blown, the game is over and everyone else has gone home makes you a better fan. They truly are the bestestmost, and they don't do booing. Bless.

The Stevenage directors told me they’ve had all the big football clubs here – but never known fans like this

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/travelling-pompey-faithful-lauded-1-7873150

This thread has got legs yet. I'm told that meetings are taking place regarding an investor....

"Billionaire"

"New stadium"

"Premier league"

were all mentioned. :lol:

Also they're planning a torch light thingy to mock our Markus tribute. Classy as always. Divs.

For once I'm ITK

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})