Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

It's slightly odd that their goal difference is so excellent but presumably it's just because they've had so many low score draws.

If it stays like this then the lid comes down on automatic promotion.

Massive club. Massive, massive club.

It's slightly odd that their goal difference is so excellent but presumably it's just because they've had so many low score draws.

If it stays like this then the lid comes down on automatic promotion.

Massive club. Massive, massive club.

Huge even.

Bloke at work follows them and he thinks no win tonight and it's all over or might just scrape a playoff place. His face will be a picture tomorrow ( I'll just have a knowing smile).

John Akinde made a wonderful contribution to their stellar season in Div 3 (2012/13) failing to score in 11 appearances.

Nice of him to score tonight though.

Heard they showed their respect by chucking some coins at him.

And boasting of having over half the crowd of 2500 odd. Whopping

Coins thrown at their former hero after he scores the winner, fans abusing players at the final whistle, players go to speak to fans, have to be pulled away by coaching staff to avoid scuffles.

#classy

Hello, is that 1972? Have you lost a football club? I think we've found it....

Oh dear, bit of a meltdown over there.

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/index.php

They're not happy with Cook (not long after hailing him as the best manager available) and want him out.

It's turning ugly as they turn on the board, even though they were supposed to link arms and march forward together as the bestest fan-owned club in history.

Some are questioning the finances and asking for accounts to be produced amid fears their wage bill for top players who would guarantee them promotion is not sustainable

Most laughably, they are asking for the board of fellow super-fans to put the club of for sale so that a new owner with money will come in to buy them and bankroll them to promotion.

Let's fondly remember again exactly what a new owner would be buying; a money pit of a ground that swallows money simply to keep it together and is probably only one grumpy safety inspector with indigestion away from being closed (in the north stand, some of the floor timbers are so worn and thin you can look down on the queues for the snack bars below} , the most expensive playing squad in the division, a club that doesn't own its training facilities and which has little in the way of infrastructure.

And while the Phew might claim the club comes with a huge fanbase of the bestest, most passionate fans in the world, previous owners have discovered it doesn't take much for that fanbase to turn towards the directors' box and start spitting and throwing coins.

No wonder they're such an attractive proposition.

Plenty of life in this thread, yet.

Oh and another portsmyth is being crafted. If you look at the POL page, further down there is a thread called 'Bally quote' where they are keen to revel in the little ginger man's supposed assertion that "p****y "is a tough, street fighting town" and "they sent warships to fight from this town."

I was there when he made this speech, and while he did say it was a town from which warships were sent out (as you might expect from a royal navy port) I don't recall him saying the first part. Never mind, as they single-handedly attempt to revive the classic days of English football hooliganism, they will take that mythical quote and use it as their motto.

I don't get it are they saying a battleship would be a better striker than whichever lower league journeyman they currently have?

Anyway......

I have to say I'm shocked at some of the gap-toothiest, most passionatest, bestest fans clearly stating they left the game early - surely this is incorrect? I thought they stayed to the bitter end? AND they booed their own team?

Surely this must have been fackin' scummahs in disguise trying to make them look bad.

I'm also quite amused by the delusional 'sell the club to someone who will bankroll us into the next league' idea. Do they STILL not get it? The era of rich sheiks buying clubs as a toy to throw money at are long gone. Nobody is going to buy them, there is no value to had from them. Not only that, who would want to put their money into a club with a fanbase who behave as if it's still the 70's. Who want to sit there and be abused and spat at when the team lost?

Cracking set of results tonight. It's all starting to fall apart (again) for the fishy few.

Results couldn't have gone much better than they did, except for an extra couple of points for Plymouth.

It was Probably the best Tuesday Night in the World! :lol:

We were having a great laugh watching it all unfold 'round my Dad's, on Carlsberg Score Centre. :D

They are just about hanging onto joint top.

Just about mate. ;)

MAnSTvA.png

I wonder if any of their moody fans will stop off in Bournemouth next week on the way to Exeter?

Yeah I noticed that, we seem to be playing at home / away on the same day as them quite often now, must lead to fans crossing paths. This weekend for example both teams are home 3pm on Saturday, At stations between Southampton and Portsmouth must be quite a few fans stood on opposite platforms.

Yeah I noticed that, we seem to be playing at home / away on the same day as them quite often now, must lead to fans crossing paths. This weekend for example both teams are home 3pm on Saturday, At stations between Southampton and Portsmouth must be quite a few fans stood on opposite platforms.

Opposite Platforms but Worlds apart.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})