Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Before the toothless and their sisters rise from their hibernation and return here to celebrate their love of Bournemouth, let's give a nod of recognition to Mack.

He didn't hide, he kept sticking his head up even when his club closed to make way for a new one and became irrelevant to the rest of football.

Fair play to him.

:)

Yep Mack is the one who at least comes across and shows some stick. There again, he nearly dropped his guard and showed a bit of the dark side.

I'm sorry Mack that your lot have failed in the rise to glory but I would say I'm a tad pleased

I admire any keeper who has the confidence and technical skill to attempt a Cruyff turn on the edge of his own six yard box...

That said, the training ground is probably the best place to have your first clumsy attempt, rather than in an actual match.

But it was worth it for the comedy value - a nice way to confirm Division Three status next season.

28th April 2018 - St Portsmouth Day

A movable feast like Easter, that usually falls in March, April or May. It is the day it became mathematically impossible for Southampton to play Portsmouth in a league game until August 2019 at the earliest.

Db9oJZjW4AIVycM.jpg

I still find it a bit creepy seeing the female manikin chained by the neck to the scaffolding pole in the Pompey shirt.

28th April 2018 - St Portsmouth Day

A movable feast like Easter, that usually falls in March, April or May. It is the day it became mathematically impossible for Southampton to play Portsmouth in a league game until August 2019 at the earliest.

Db9oJZjW4AIVycM.jpg

I still find it a bit creepy seeing the female manikin chained by the neck to the scaffolding pole in the Pompey shirt.

They are all utterly disgusting, only the one in grey and white has anything resembling normality but suspect he has no teeth and married his sister..

I heard this and don't think it's true. But has anyone else heard the rumour.

Basically Mr Eisner, is looking to dispose of the Skates. He has become disenchanted with some groups of the fans, the intransigence of local government planning dept's and that there are in place covenants on the land at Fat Pipes Park, meaning it can only be used for sporting/leisure purposes, greatly reducing its value when trying to use it as an asset to raise money to move or redevelope the stadium.

Has anyone heard of these covenants? Or is any of this in the slightest bit plausible?

Basically Mr Eisner, is looking to dispose of the Skates. He has become disenchanted with some groups of the fans, the intransigence of local government planning dept's and that there are in place covenants on the land at Fat Pipes Park, meaning it can only be used for sporting/leisure purposes, greatly reducing its value when trying to use it as an asset to raise money to move or redevelope the stadium.

Has anyone heard of these covenants? Or is any of this in the slightest bit plausible?

The covenants have been mentioned on this thread before - don’t know how true it is tbh but I expect trousers to know - he seems to like digging into that side of things. [emoji6]

The covenants have been mentioned on this thread before - don’t know how true it is tbh but I expect trousers to know - he seems to like digging into that side of things. [emoji6]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8548666.stm

"He also confirmed the existence of a covenant on Fratton Park that stipulates the stadium must be used for football, apparently ruling out any hopes of selling it to generate much-needed revenue."

Mind you, that was from Andronikou ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8548666.stm

"He also confirmed the existence of a covenant on Fratton Park that stipulates the stadium must be used for football, apparently ruling out any hopes of selling it to generate much-needed revenue."

Mind you, that was from Andronikou ...

surely they are breaking the covenant every Saturday afternoon lol

Why do foreign investors get suckered in with this stuff?

Surely if he realised he needed to move the stadium, he would have understood what restrictions there were on the current one? Surely he would have spent a little bit of time thinking, "I wonder if anyone else has ever tried to move a football stadium out of the city it is currently in?".

These folks have a lot of money and a distinct lacking in common sense.

Fratton Park will never be allowed to be built outside of the city of Portsmouth, which is the most densely populated patch on this little island of ours. They had their chance to build a better stadium by turning it through 90 degrees and using the land alongside it. They chose not to do that.

They are now stuck with a time-warp of a stadium that must be getting to the age where it would be cheaper to tear it down and rebuild, rather than maintain it each and every year.

What on earth did Mr Eisner think he was going to achieve? Buy the club for £5m, sell Fratton Park for £50m and build a 15,000 seater stadium in Havant and trouser the difference?

Mental.

I thnk they sold small patches of the pitch to fans so that they couldn't develop it. Whether they registered the ownership of these small pieces is another thing

My recollection is that the restrictions on use always ruled out selling the site and cramming houses and commercial property on it.

The only way they'll get money for The Fortress of Fat is if they stick it on Homes Under the Hammer and some dimwit local builder jumps in without reading the legal pack.

But at least he'll get Nelson's computer table, the shroud of Turin and the grassy knoll used by the CIA.

Why do foreign investors get suckered in with this stuff?

Surely if he realised he needed to move the stadium, he would have understood what restrictions there were on the current one? Surely he would have spent a little bit of time thinking, "I wonder if anyone else has ever tried to move a football stadium out of the city it is currently in?".

These folks have a lot of money and a distinct lacking in common sense.

Fratton Park will never be allowed to be built outside of the city of Portsmouth, which is the most densely populated patch on this little island of ours.

According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_districts_by_population_density London borough population densities way ahead. Portsmouth 1st outside of London. Southampton 2nd

Fratton Park will never be allowed to be built outside of the city of Portsmouth' date=' which is the most [b']dense[/b]ly populated patch on this little island of ours

Coincidently, that sentence works for both definitions of the word....

_V0211LgaMci9v9XoLABgSmIiRrrXllMLxBHtAMEjU7UKCL2DNftK--bTEogCFk0zRU6vTTq6GQJ9A18EFu3K6S84QcJKRi-3pilBoxZSt2ixwGbpbcow5wVbTBCnqOtcDIczDVtyj2oRM2PqRZJppkmfNKZtfAUdHKmmD9Bw6JZg90atWkvaGQBtB2m3IwU76RdfbghuWW39MJDM-X4h_BPAPjZSGVy99GFZwbe5wiAtDfn0JAmOip-r9SxXKzXYZbp9A12JueDXIM35goAWtKB4w7PUGvImq8pfLfv6BnO6TFdTgx5KnF-j1umRWWEdzZ5WfgAt-bAHmstVm6xl4pNAVoIdJA1wk-qyRLZX2TNaBXy5Cn60EEVK3hTiuhSy-LxHkxagd8Wlm6h4xM5eRzsQv9d0oBEBCWe-YRVEzrYG9JKdwHo-QabHUdsfJaJ3xyQ9lRiNoGhxi6DJHPex--pKjHWjNxTpaEypenMNbH9jbTtViv7K1Vmm20FhQAExhaQ4epkdxWXXHEpSpk2OIckMvOPUWhRV1MfJRzGSjcFxRrTd_LWAfn5nFCYmE6m9GF792exR-_mdj8T71L2RVebFtqudPzL_Q9wBWV-=w764-h465-no

They really are getting desperate now. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel :lol:

I was hoping we'd picked up on this, saw it earlier in the week, a share on one of my friends' lists prompted about 10 people in the Northam (including myself) to indicate that it definitely didn't happen, and Steve Grant chipped in to point out that it doesn't even scan and fit the song... I can only even remember Defoe getting one "you Skate b'stard" when he came on for that matter.

Add it to the pile o'myths.

A (tinpot) football club sponsored by a university?

Well, that's one way of spending student's fees I suppose. Beats robbing from charities anyway.

Seems to have gone down well in social media land....

y8D0Vkcfk-8J_-HqfmoW4-LvlowuRtLTl9vNgDxuhfYNPlQBESCw6S2GwqsZkkWnOPaASoBYSnEeO0paDD9kSzrro4-ieWQqWGFEop-wYVmJ_oP1UuTUqGS7Nk_1uI-8zpqC_MHJb8m9hQUoBOFwSV6wo5QCKIhzxY3lKb3UMsoPtURcONsjo70iC2out0sarwwYUvAHOCiXwyhlqAiLwS_bAZ-ktLdIHho1YQ-ZBvLzMSlyOs5_kgOO50LlhzTIDjL07TSNHdg4VVSad-sd1xojhyxHD_Pv8ylWaNj0jrIudoDXPkwA1qJY4CTF_HgescU8qrqNpdTmQyXKTH4-q-biI1HD0akjCglh-tLHwLHXVCNzweQVOopBUOI1gIOa_jL1097o38C8vXu2Yl4I6gNi4KzWKL78MD4sejmA-y7iJYpWngRLZCZcF-pFi3N4S-kwTCVZbVO9eVdmgMYbzHwSSCsyES7nXAv0I9qEeT39uucsOX973tVkVCcbcgPIUPUmkJv6ya1f0il7Ydv7VLzUpBWV7DQTLEsiW4AuFtnjckvX4tKCeMGCSolTK3ixZsIk7vgicjcyGtMonLqhz1O1ZTz2HHKzLy85hOMt=w753-h450-no

Edited by trousers

Tablecloth press conferences are back! This time for announcing tinpot sponsorship deals...

@solentsport
FollowingFollowing

@solentsport

More

#Pompey have announced the University of Portsmouth will be their main sponsor for the next 3 seasons

DcV82kEWAAIWAJP.jpg

Yeah but they`ve got posh water in a glass bottle....

I miss the scruffy drunken one...

A (tinpot) football club sponsored by a university?

Well, that's one way of spending student's fees I suppose. Beats robbing from charities anyway.

Universities are charitable. Seems at least ethically wrong, if not outright ultra vires.

Although, if you look at the Rangers / Gerrard press conference photo (BBC - can't do link thingys) you'll see striking resemblances.

Table cloth..... Paper name holders..... Dodgy looking geezers....

I guess that means that they're either both huge clubs, or they're both robbing b'stards that have screwed the tax man and been dragged through the courts.

Make up your own mind...

Probably so the can send the players to maths class.

Ok. So if we have 0 goals and the other team has 2 goals and it’s the 84th minute. Assuming a 90 minute game, how many goals per minute will you need to score to win the game?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})