Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Let's be fair to them, they're now mixing with the big boys !

Massive clubs like Rotherham with world class players such as Lee Frecklington are always going to pose a major challenge !

They did their best in a cauldron atmosphere with the faithful urging them on... but just fell short (not to mention the multi million, worldwide TV audience) !

Gonna be a long season but at least they are back in the big time :)

Edited by eurosaint

Just for the record, I was at Victorious all three days and I saw precisely three Skate football shirts the entire time (though a few more bootleg t-shirts with the football club logo on them and a couple of polo shirts). Anyway, under 10 in three days, on Southsea Common.

I've worked in Portsmouth (on the road) for nearly 9 years. The amount of skate shirts/badges I see these days are about 5% of what it used to be. See a lot of general big PL clubs shirts these days.

I've worked in Portsmouth (on the road) for nearly 9 years. The amount of skate shirts/badges I see these days are about 5% of what it used to be. See a lot of general big PL clubs shirts these days.

For full disclosure, I saw a bloke in a Skate tracksuit top on Hedge End Station yesterday. Obviously it was the badge from the last seasons in the Premier League and before the L1 relegation (2008-2013), not the one they've been using for the last 3 years.

For full disclosure, I saw a bloke in a Skate tracksuit top on Hedge End Station yesterday. Obviously it was the badge from the last seasons in the Premier League and before the L1 relegation (2008-2013), not the one they've been using for the last 3 years.

Christ that was 5 owners and 2 admins ago.

Teeeeeeeeeechnically the last season with the "Prem" badge was the first season as fan owned in L2. Their first Sondico shirt was adorned with the older badge before the rebrand they'd clearly planned whilst faffing about during the (last) L1 relegation season.

Here they are against the mighty Newport County (which can really only be in L2 ;) ). Remember this guy?

p1074937991-3.jpg

How does that freak not get banned? Pi5s1ng on seats, racial abuse, always hammered and now having a Tommy in the ground.

Not that I want him banned. He is an embarrassment to them and kills their "famous atmosphere".

Vile excuse for a man. I'm assuming there were women and children present? If so should be done by the law.

'Fratton boy' Portsmouth MP makes 'play up Pompey' maiden speech in House of Commons

Apparently, Everton weren't the first club to play under floodlights after all. And, another reason that Portsmouth is great is that it was the the first town to open free clinics for the treatment of venereal disease - who'd'v'e thought that would be necessary? The big question, though, is, can he do the wardrobe dive?

'Fratton boy' Portsmouth MP makes 'play up Pompey' maiden speech in House of Commons

Apparently, Everton weren't the first club to play under floodlights after all. And, another reason that Portsmouth is great is that it was the the first town to open free clinics for the treatment of venereal disease - who'd'v'e thought that would be necessary? The big question, though, is, can he do the wardrobe dive?

"report by Ben Fishwick"

S n i g g e r....

Christ, I've actually met him through work, a few times. Occasionally see him on the train, had no idea he was even political, never mind an MP. I'm fairly sure he's not into football either...

Oh and re: the floodlights, Fratton was the first ground to play a Football League match under floodlights, the first English ground to have permanent floodlights was...

The Dell. (Though only because the FL refused to allow Arsenal to do so in the 1930s). Everton was dugouts wasn't it?

http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/history-of-floodlights-in-football/

Christ, I've actually met him through work, a few times. Occasionally see him on the train, had no idea he was even political, never mind an MP. I'm fairly sure he's not into football either...

Oh and re: the floodlights, Fratton was the first ground to play a Football League match under floodlights, the first English ground to have permanent floodlights was...

The Dell. (Though only because the FL refused to allow Arsenal to do so in the 1930s). Everton was dugouts wasn't it?

http://www.football-stadiums.co.uk/articles/history-of-floodlights-in-football/

Everton have a ton of firsts to be proud of, including: "FIRST CLUB TO USE FLOODLIGHTING ACROSS STANDS INSTEAD OF PYLONS"

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})