Football Manager Live - Tell us about your team

Matthew Le God

My team is St Mary's Y.M.A. (the original name of Southampton F.C. in 1885) and I'm in the Shearer gameworld. Perhaps we could have a Saints forum league if everyone joins the Shearer gameworld :D

http://www.footballmanagerlive.com/

Use this thread to list your team name and what gameworld you are in.

Here is my team badge :) (A combination of the very first Southampton badge in 1885 and the current Southampton badge)

2elggb6.png

Home Kit

mattlegodhome.jpg

Away Kit

mattlegodawaycopy.jpg

3rd Kit

mattlegod3rdcopy.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

do you go outside ever?

Did you know computer games are actually the biggest selling form of entertainment on the planet? So i think your about 10 years late with the whole "you have no life" type speech :)

And besides what are you going to do outside exactly? Go look at some trees, kill a liver down the pub? Get pneumonia out in our great summer weather? Go cruising along Hedge End Mcdonalds with your pimped out ride?

Or do what 99% of the world do and actually stay inside on your fat arse watching tv? ;)

Did you know computer games are actually the biggest selling form of entertainment on the planet? So i think your about 10 years late with the whole "you have no life" type speech :)

And besides what are you going to do outside exactly? Go look at some trees, kill a liver down the pub? Get pneumonia out in our great summer weather? Go cruising along Hedge End Mcdonalds with your pimped out ride?

Or do what 99% of the world do and actually stay inside on your fat arse watching tv? ;)

Have sex with a real girl?

not much of a speech, more of a sarcastic remark.

Have sex with a real girl?

And that remark obviously must come from someone who has no gf/wife because those who do know that you might want to have sex with a real girl, that doesnt mean she does too! But im sure where you come from girls must love that whole mentality right? ;)

Also guess you didnt know more girls play games then guys :)

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=67924

Edited by St Marco

And that remark obviously must come from someone who has no gf/wife because those who do know that you might want to have sex with a real girl, that doesnt mean she does too! But im sure where you come from girls must love that whole mentality right? ;)

Also guess you didnt know more girls play games then guys :)

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/index.cfm?fuseaction=Articles.showArticleHomePage&art_aid=67924

Yes im a virgin, i have only had sex with a orc warrior on WOW, she was a level 50.

Try having sex with a real girl, ffs.

Yes im a virgin, i have only had sex with a orc warrior on WOW, she was a level 50.

Try having sex with a real girl, ffs.

Haha i bet there is probably a lot of truth in that actually! ;)

But here is one for you

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/02/female_gamers_h.html

According to that research female gamers actually have more sex then non gamers thus again proving your stereotypes are about as modern as a 5 door Nova :smt045

Haha i bet there is probably a lot of truth in that actually! ;)

But here is one for you

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/02/female_gamers_h.html

According to that research female gamers actually have more sex then non gamers thus again proving your stereotypes are about as modern as a 5 door Nova :smt045

If you have to use internet links to prove things you need to have sex with a real girl.

If you have to use internet links to prove things you need to have sex with a real girl.

Well i been married 4 years now, have a midget on the way and have a pretty good life i think. The difference being i grew up a longtime ago and realised you get further with women by being open minded rather then trying to look/act "cool". Im sure your figure that out oneday my friend :)

Well i been married 4 years now, have a midget on the way and have a pretty good life i think. The difference being i grew up a longtime ago and realised you get further with women by being open minded rather then trying to look/act "cool". Im sure your figure that out oneday my friend :)

But if you look/act cool you get to have sex with real girls. Owned.

This argument is about as one sided as Khan vs Prescott the other day, (St Marco being the Prescott of this situation). Hopefully the irony of Cabbage Face having more posts than St Marco has not been lost on anyone for the purposes of argument.

As pointless as the argument is (irony of me getting involved not lost on me either) it also completely detracts from the orignal post...I was looking at FML the other day, I'm probably missing something, but instead of paying a monthly subscription, would people not rather play a network game on FM2009? One of the 'main features' on the FML website was saying how you could play in mini-leagues with your friends, but FM09 also offers multiplayer. What makes FML so appealing?

This argument is about as one sided as Khan vs Prescott the other day, (St Marco being the Prescott of this situation). Hopefully the irony of Cabbage Face having more posts than St Marco has not been lost on anyone for the purposes of argument.

As pointless as the argument is (irony of me getting involved not lost on me either) it also completely detracts from the orignal post...I was looking at FML the other day, I'm probably missing something, but instead of paying a monthly subscription, would people not rather play a network game on FM2009? One of the 'main features' on the FML website was saying how you could play in mini-leagues with your friends, but FM09 also offers multiplayer. What makes FML so appealing?

When you have had sex with a real girl, come back and say that.

Is it me or are Nerds the easiest people to wind up on the planet?

Must be you because if you define a nerd as someone who uses a computer and your typing on here then doesnt that make you one too ;)

But anyway back on topic!

I have been pretty ****e at FML, just finished my 1st season and finished 14th. I like the game just dislike the transfer system which is realistic in the sense the rich get better and the poor, well stay poor!

I guess the idea is that it offers far more real-life opponents (i.e. all of them are controlled by other humans) than a standard network game of FM, and where it's all run off SI's servers, there's a "guaranteed" connection, rather than either a) having to restart because the host's connection or PC couldn't cope with all the data, or b) wanting to play at a given time but the host not being online.

It's a decent idea because CM/FM has such a large and fairly dedicated following, and there's likely to be a reasonably big crossover with people who like playing massive multiplayer online games, and at £5 a month (if I remember rightly) you can see the business sense in it as well!

• 2 weeks later...
Not a patch on CM 97/98.

What a brilliant game that was!!! My team was abolutely amazing, Colin Murdoch signed from Preston for £50k, Jermaine Wright on a free- he was a pacey winger in that game, Erik Nevland in on a free who would bang in at least 20 goals a season and Tommy Svindal Larsen from Stabaek for £250k on the left wing. I'd play it now if I could. Much better than the recent versions.

What a brilliant game that was!!! My team was abolutely amazing, Colin Murdoch signed from Preston for £50k, Jermaine Wright on a free- he was a pacey winger in that game, Erik Nevland in on a free who would bang in at least 20 goals a season and Tommy Svindal Larsen from Stabaek for £250k on the left wing. I'd play it now if I could. Much better than the recent versions.

I can still play it. I think there are ways using DosBox to play it.

Nevland is always difficult to get hold off if you were in the lower divisions. But Larsen was absolute quality.

Hmm never bought Jermaine Wright or Colin Murdoch but will do so the next time I boot it up!

Other players of note - Michael Branch, Richard Norris and John Curtis.

However did you know players would get recycled after they retired? Maradona, Sammer, Gullit, Weah and Ian Rush would come back as youngsters for small clubs or free transfers!

Happy days. :p

can anyone tell me how the hell FM live works, what it is etc..

I always thought it was the same as Football Manager, except you don't have the option of a single player game.

Apparently though, you create your own team and join a league. I would be interested if I had time to do it....

I always thought it was the same as Football Manager, except you don't have the option of a single player game.

Apparently though, you create your own team and join a league. I would be interested if I had time to do it....

there is alot more to it that that! plus you can play it 24/7 and with 1000 people in each gameworld you'd always find someone online to have a game with no matter what the time

• 2 weeks later...