First Screenshot of Football Manager 2010

Matthew Le God

I can see it now

You clearly like AFC Wimbledon

In FM 2009 Jon Main is a brilliant player in the Blue Sq South

Miles Jacobson the Managing Director of SI is the guy that posted it on Twitter not me. He didn't mean to do it either was just experimenting. Should have kept the user interface a secret for longer. :D

Reason they use AFC Wimbledon alot for screenshots pre-release is because SI sponsor them.

Edited by Matthew Le God

as long as the editor is good i dont care...

done so many different games so i thought, sod it.

have given sainst 99m transfer budget with the aim to win everything within 5 seasons.

Im in my second season and won the CCC by 30 odd points..

my team now..

Kirkland

Srna----Brown---lescott---sirl

SWP----Carrick---Defour---Zirkhov

Milveski---Keirrison

as long as the editor is good i dont care...

done so many different games so i thought, sod it.

have given sainst 99m transfer budget with the aim to win everything within 5 seasons.

Im in my second season and won the CCC by 30 odd points..

my team now..

Kirkland

Srna----Brown---lescott---sirl

SWP----Carrick---Defour---Zirkhov

Milveski---Keirrison

Break the bank to sign Marquinhos, he is unbelievable now in 2014

I like Marquinhos too problem is not sure where to play him...upfront? right mid, left mid? he doesn't score much for me when upfront although its his strongest position.

He plays really well on the flanks but i always play him upfront with a biggish guy. He scores loads and i can always rely on him.

Check out that vincent acipandie aswell, he gets really good.

I assume there's a bit of guesswork MLG with regards to academy players & their future talent?

I snapped up Tony Garrod at Notts County after Saints released him

He scored 21 goals in L2 & Sheff Utd then bought him for £750k

How do you build his ultimate ability into the equation when assessing players?

All players are given a current ability from 1 to 200 and potential ability from 1 to 200.

Older players have a "set/fixed figure" potentials from 1 to 200. For example Kelvin Davis might be 130.

Younger players have "range figures" as it is more guesswork. Range figures are from -10 to - 1

(trying to remember these off the top of my head so may be wrong :D)

-10 = 170 - 200

-9 = 150 - 180

-8 = 130 - 160

-7 = 110 - 140

-6 = 90 - 120

And so on...

Each game you load for a -8 player for example they will have a potential set at somewhere between 130 - 160. It will differ each time you start a new game. So one save game he could be 132 potential ability and another it could be 158.

Does that answer your question?

Edited by Matthew Le God

All players are given a current ability from 1 to 200 and potential ability from 1 to 200.

Older players have a "set/fixed figure" potentials from 1 to 200. For example Kelvin Davis might be 130.

Younger players have "range figures" as it is more guesswork. Range figures are from -10 to - 1

(trying to remember these off the top of my head so may be wrong :D)

-10 = 170 - 200

-9 = 150 - 180

-8 = 130 - 160

-7 = 110 - 140

-6 = 90 - 120

And so on...

Each game you load for a -8 player for example they will have a potential set at somewhere between 130 - 160. It will differ each time you start a new game. So one save game he could be 132 potential ability and another it could be 158.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks

You're perfect for telling us which Saints youngsters will be cracking players in FM then

• 2 weeks later...

Can you suggest ideas to the team? A tapping up reporting to the FA in-game. I'm forever getting clubs saying declares interest in ..... and I think you should be able to report teams to the FA and they get fined etc because teams don' spend every day after you're player and get away with it!

Can you suggest ideas to the team? A tapping up reporting to the FA in-game. I'm forever getting clubs saying declares interest in ..... and I think you should be able to report teams to the FA and they get fined etc because teams don' spend every day after you're player and get away with it!

Its only tapping up if they are talking direct to the player. Just mentioning it to the press isn't tapping up.