Ping Eye 2 BeCu Golf Clubs

hamster

I have put my Ping Eye 2 clubs up for auction on e-bay. The heads are made of Beryllium Copper (BeCu), which is what gives them a lovely 'soft' feel when hitting the ball and some say offer greater control. Very nice clubs to play with and due to increasing rarity they could be a great investment too:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/freewebtv

They are listed as individual clubs as not all of the serial numbers match, also the 4 iron is a Black dot model and the others Blue dot.

Please note that the 3 Iron ends in the early hours of Friday morning next week and all the others end at about 10 PM on Friday evening next week.

They all atart at 99p with NO RESERVE. If postage is required for more than one club I will combine the postage, and of course if the winning bidder wishes to collect that will be fine.

Questions on here or by PM welcome.

Regards

hamster

how much for the set

Sorry MLT but it gets my goat whe other people end early, so I always let them run. I don't think they will fetch a fortune, maybe you could work out what you think they are worth to you and set up a bid sniper to get them?

Sorry I can't be of more help. You are welcome to pop around if you want to see how they feel and check the condition, as is anyone on the forum.

I don't mind sharing that all together there are 19 people 'watching' them at the mo, but as you'll see the bids are still very low.

Ok can i collect if i win them or would i need to pay 7.50 per club postage?

Of course MLT, I would be more than happy for the winning bidder to collect. Update 34 'watchers' overall, prices still woefully low fingers crossed that no-one gets too big a bargain, they are bloomin nice clubs to play with that you'll never find at a car boot sale or in a charity shop.

In fact I don't know if people realise but the BeCu material is now a controlled metal that is virtually banned from being machined unless in a strictly controlled environment.

Due to it's no spark properties, it is a material used in the mining industry toi minimise the risk of explosions. I am rubbish at golf, but even I can feel the difference between BeCu and steel.

Appleogies for going on about them.

hamster

makes you wonder why more people didnt use BeCu and NO pro's use them then......

FYI stevo, pro's only use a particular club and accesories for the money, if a new becu came out tomorrow and the manufacturere offered Tiger 10 squillion to play with it for a season, all of a sudden it would be better than what he is using today. Same as if when those stupid ****ing 'blade' boots came out, money, money, money, and one day someone is gonna screw Craig Johnson for the damage he has cause dto their ankles with his stupid boots.

I'm gonna get tied in knots trying to explain this, but here goes, and please someone back me up.

The cavity backed Ping Eye 2 was a revealation in the golfing world, most clubs since are variations on that theme. They brought out an 'Eye 2+' which was supposedly better, but the BeCu was the pinnacle (pun intended) of this cavity backed revolution. Ping then broke a rule in their efforts to make the perfedst club, they introduced 'square grooves'. Don't ask me why, but they were banned for giving an unfair advatnage. Seriously stevo, this matter went to the American High Court.

The original 'square grooved, Beryllium Copper Ping Eye 2+' clubs were given special dispensation on condition that Ping ceased production. I believe this to be FACT. Lots of tournaments were won with said clubs.

Obviously the thinking was that these clubs would die a death as there is no money in it due to sales of the clubs ending at that moment, but they remain to this day, an unparalelled fantastic club.

Blimey, I cannot believe that I wrote that all by myself!!!!

BTW, I can't stop loving you, no matter how hard I try stevo.

I owned a set of Steel Eye 2's for quite some time and still have them as my reserves to the Mizuno blades i currently use.

I tried the ISI becu's a while back and didnt like the way they felt, too soft and could never tell how i was striking it and no feel.

Im guessing these have traditional lofts? Or Altered?

If you had a black spot 2iron i woulda prob been interested.

dont bother trying to hate me, it will never happen.....