Xbox360 Fifa09 Team

SaintKenny

Right, as FIFA 09 has a new feature where you can set up a team of up to 50 people and play online league matches of 10 v 10, this is the thread to put your name down and get in the team.

Quote:

EA SPORTS today revealed a new online mode called FIFA 09 Clubs, designed for PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360, that enables gamers to form or join user-controlled ‘clubs’ anywhere in the world. Through FIFA 09 Clubs, gamers can form or join clubs of up to 50 friends and field their strongest team when competing in Be A Pro: 10 v 10 Online Team Play, a feature that enables 20 people on 20 different consoles anywhere in the world to connect online to play a single match of FIFA 09.

FIFA 09 Clubs will determine the best virtual team in the world. Clubs are ranked based on total points and placed in a division. Clubs are relegated and promoted to different divisions based on their performance during the season. In addition, FIFA 09 Clubs will enable Club Managers to scout rival players to identify a player that fits his or her squad, and then recruit them to join their club. Up to 10 players on a Club can participate in a single game and Clubs are able to play multiple games simultaneously if they wish.

Please post your forum username in this thread and also your Gamertag in brackets and bold beside it. Also include a preference on what position you'd like but please don't all pick strikers and wingers, teams need defenders too.

DL - Scott_Saints (mehball)

DC - Thesaintsfc (tehsaint sfc)

DC - Paul Chuckle (Agent Andrews83) - If BT get their act together

DR - Appy (Appy0911)

DMC - Marian's Left Foot (In That Number)

DMC - snowboomer (MrBoomer81)

ML - mattbrennan (mattbrennan88 )

MR - SaintKenny (SaintKenny)

AMC - sfcjmcsfc16 -(jamesc16sfc)

FC - Sfc90 (emmett1990)

Subs:

St Marco (Trid3nt) - ML

shorn101 (Saintsam9) - RB/ML

rusaldo (rusaldo) either wing

Buzzin' Orn (r92m) - Mascot

No position chosen:

Ajv2809

Edited by SaintKenny
Update

How does that work then? The screen focuses on the one player you're controlling rather than the ball? I'd get bored of not being involved in the game from my RB position, and end up either scoring a hat trick or far more likely, getting myself sent off.

Silly idea. Will never work.

It does work as they brought it in last year. It is just like playing real football in the sense that you spend most of the time without the ball but when you do something like a last ditch tackle it is just as rewarding as scoring a goal.

Loads of fun!

Count me in as ML

XBL = Trid3nt

Edited by St Marco

Right, as FIFA 09 has a new feature where you can set up a team of up to 50 people and play online league matches of 10 v 10, this is the thread to put your name down and get in the team.

Please post your forum username in this thread and also your Gamertag in brackets and bold beside it. Also include a preference on what position you'd like but please don't all pick strikers and wingers, teams need defenders too.

DL - Available

DC - Thesaintsfc (tehsaint sfc)

DC - Available

DR - Available

ML - mattbrennan (mattbrennan88 )

MC - Marian's Left Foot (In That Number)

MC - snowboomer (MrBoomer81)

MR - SaintKenny (SaintKenny)

FC - Available

FC - Sfc90 (emmett1990)

Subs:

St Marco (XBL?) - ML

No position chosen:

Ajv2809

:D El oh El

I will play as a full back. Thats cool.

Should be getting my telephone line connected today after 3 months of trying to get it sorted by BT and then my Broadband connection should be sorted a couple of weeks after.

Those who have me on their Xbox Friends list don't remove me as i am still about just BT messing me about!

I will play as a full back. Thats cool.

Should be getting my telephone line connected today after 3 months of trying to get it sorted by BT and then my Broadband connection should be sorted a couple of weeks after.

Those who have me on their Xbox Friends list don't remove me as i am still about just BT messing me about!

Agent Andrews83 is my Xbox Liver Ganertag. As i said, hoepfully i will be back online within next few weeks all of course pending on if BT deciode to show up today and activate my phone line :(

From what I read yesterday, isn't all the above a bit pointless as apparently you have a free-for-all to choose positions at the start of the game?

Nah what happens is you have a feature called "Create a club". This is like a clan or a guild. Each person is free to choose their positions but because it is a team you all will know your positions before hand. Bit like 5v5 which we used to play on here. If someone is meant to be a CB but they are in attack then obviously you get problems but thankfully you have the option to substitute them or not pick them from your club squad. Like with 5v5 the game gives you points based on your performance both individually and your teamwork. This score is then added up to form a "Club Score" which then gives you a world ranking. The higher your ranking the better comps you get invited to. Basically meaning if your someone who is a bit of a plonker who doesn't play a team game you wont get far and will probably be booted out of the club. Such is life on the internet :)

Nah what happens is you have a feature called "Create a club". This is like a clan or a guild. Each person is free to choose their positions but because it is a team you all will know your positions before hand. Bit like 5v5 which we used to play on here. If someone is meant to be a CB but they are in attack then obviously you get problems but thankfully you have the option to substitute them or not pick them from your club squad. Like with 5v5 the game gives you points based on your performance both individually and your teamwork. This score is then added up to form a "Club Score" which then gives you a world ranking. The higher your ranking the better comps you get invited to. Basically meaning if your someone who is a bit of a plonker who doesn't play a team game you wont get far and will probably be booted out of the club. Such is life on the internet :)

The Gamespot link you posted yesterday says:

When you enter a match with your friends, you'll be taken to a lobby where the team captains will be able to set team tactics. After that, you'll be taken to another screen where a mad scramble will result as players pick the position they wish to play on the pitch.

Basically what I am saying is that no matter what positions people are being given above, they can choose to play somewhere else if they get there first. I guess you'd just stop picking people if they did that though.

The Gamespot link you posted yesterday says:

Basically what I am saying is that no matter what positions people are being given above, they can choose to play somewhere else if they get there first. I guess you'd just stop picking people if they did that though.

Yeah what i mean is if we are going to enter leagues and things we will have assigned places before we enter, if someone wants to play/swap position you can do so. But if they do it simply to be annoying they can be removed so makes no sense them doing that. Should be lots of fun!

I read up on this earlier, and noticed that the team manager can scout players and try to sign them to their team.

I suppose whoever the manager of this team is will have to agree not to bring anyone else in, keeping it a swf'ers team.

The possibility of someone becoming good and signing for another (better) team is a different matter though.....

I'm not connected to Live for the time being, I think I'll re-buy it and connect when I get FIFA though. I'm not going to commit to this either, I doubt we can all be on at the same time etc. but am more than willing to hop into games as once before. You really need Cabbage Face to play for it to be great, though. :rolleyes:

Perhaps when the team is created we could have a poll for what time(s) would be the best for everyone to log in at the same time. Atleast this way, even if a few people can't come online the majority will be there. (and you can play with a minimum of 3 players from your group. The others will be "computerised")

Perhaps when the team is created we could have a poll for what time(s) would be the best for everyone to log in at the same time. Atleast this way, even if a few people can't come online the majority will be there. (and you can play with a minimum of 3 players from your group. The others will be "computerised")

Good idea

evenings would be best for everyone i'd have thought

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...