Fifa 10

St Marco

We got the Pes 10 thread up and running so now we got both :)

I am lucky enough to have actually seen 2010 being played at a media press event a month ago.

The main thing i noticed was you no longer move in the way you normally would. A big change from previous football games as you have the ability to move in realistic 360 degrees etc. This from what i saw made things more acurate in terms of dribbling. But also in terms of running without the ball i.e looking for passes. The guy playing the game obviously had been playing it for sometime as could pull off pin point passes Alonso style. It also made tackling more realistic, no longer looked like a lunge every time you try to tackle. This in my view will make being a defender in be a pro a lot more fun.

Other then that the AI seemed a lot harder. It was always hard to begin with but in some instances it seems quite clever, especially the keeper.

The physics seem a lot better. You feel a lot more vunerable then before in that you can stumble etc..Obviously this makes it more realistic rather then looking and acting like a robot.

Can watch a brief video of gameplay footage here to see what it will looklike in terms of graphics etc, all in game gameplay, no CGI (unlike PES ;) )

http://fifa.easports.com/enGB/media.action#mediaId=t0MThvOgTakCI_Qca14w0sAh8pVoBJKO

Eurogamer will have a hands on up tommorow and in 2 days will be gamescon which will have some stuff happening according to EA.

Some screens

1247690345.jpg

1247690344.jpg

That is the view i play in. But if your one of those who play in TV camera mode etc then here are a couple of those

e32009fifasoccer10scree.jpg

fifasoccer1020090714052.jpg

So looking forward to both games this year

Fifa was **** for several years, but it is clearly a genuinely decent game these days, regardless of your preference. I still wish the two amalgamated, and slowed PES down, gave Fifa licenses and scale / presentation etc, and combined the best elements of both. For me, PES always flowed better than Fifa, and in a way felt more like football for it - never predictable, even the poorer versions didn't get too tired through repetition. Yet it has always played a bit too fast, without much consideration for the slower game, the build up possession game.

A hybrid would make many weep with joy.

Eurogamer hands on

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/fifa-10-extended-hands-on

Seems they pretty much think its the greatest football game of all time

"Frankly, though, they could take them out completely, and strip away most of the licences, and ditch the improved animations and player likenesses, and FIFA 10 would still impress. It's the ultimate testament to its transformation, in a sense, because what would be left is a similar vision to Pro Evolution Soccer during its heyday of a few years ago. It's hard to imagine that the finished game, which of course does include all of the above, will be any less revered: over dozens of matches between half a dozen cynical football fans across two days at EA Canada, there isn't a single dull game, and it's hard to recall a single pattern emerging - either as a result of the game, or of a player's lack of tactical imagination."

I got Fifa on both formats and the only difference is PS3 version is slightly less bright. That is it.

Reason i have both is because im a cheap bastard who does not want to pay for xbox live :)

Quick update though about Fifa 10

"Virtual Pro Mode" - Like with Fight Night you can add yourself into the game digitally and play be a pro looking like yourself. Major impressed with this on FN so if it is the same tool then will be great in Fifa.

New PS3 slim.

I was thinking about waiting for this.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was just looking round at rough prices etc. Can someone explain to me why at places like Game:

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7068&cm_sp=ps3-_-topnav-_-bundles

the new improved 120GB ps3 slim will cost exactly the same as a normal 80GB PS3.....which also seems to cost the same as a normal ps3 WITH a game? (all £249.99) Am I missing something obvious? :confused:

It was in the last FIFA.

Nah this is different. It's technical name is "Gameface" where you put a digital photo online and then can download the 3d you into the game. Has only been in Tiger Woods and Fight Night. Is 1st time in any other game.

http://www.easports.com/blogs/fifa/offthebench/post/slug/fifa-10s-virtual-pro-welcome-to-the-start-of-your-virtual-football-career

As i said i have used the tool in Fight Night and thought it was pretty accurate so if it is the exact same thing then should be good.

I'm pretty certain 'gameface' is not the technical name. I expect it's more the application of custom texture maps. Still. You are some 'industry insider', so you know more than everyone else.

Well it was called it in Tiger Woods and Fight Night so naturally would imagine that is what it is called in Fifa but even if it is not then it is still the same thing :)

I was thinking about waiting for this.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was just looking round at rough prices etc. Can someone explain to me why at places like Game:

http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=7068&cm_sp=ps3-_-topnav-_-bundles

the new improved 120GB ps3 slim will cost exactly the same as a normal 80GB PS3.....which also seems to cost the same as a normal ps3 WITH a game? (all £249.99) Am I missing something obvious? :confused:

Nope, I can't see any reason for the way Game are pricing the PS3!

With the bigger HDD, I guess the Slim is a better deal than the original PS3 bundled with a game, but there's probably not much in it.

That said, I think the new Slim is really ugly and cheap looking from the pictures I've seen. Not that you look at the console other than to put the disc in!

Edit: Just found this - it's not as bad looking as I first thought. http://www.engadget.com/photos/ps3-slim-vs-ps3-original-vs-xbox-360-fight/2217133/

Edited by Danny

Nope, I can't see any reason for the way Game are pricing the PS3!

With the bigger HDD, I guess the Slim is a better deal than the original PS3 bundled with a game, but there's probably not much in it.

That said, I think the new Slim is really ugly and cheap looking from the pictures I've seen. Not that you look at the console other than to put the disc in!

Edit: Just found this - it's not as bad looking as I first thought. http://www.engadget.com/photos/ps3-slim-vs-ps3-original-vs-xbox-360-fight/2217133/

Hmmm....so I take it the slim can do everything the ps3 can do then?....it's just smaller and better?

Hmmm....so I take it the slim can do everything the ps3 can do then?....it's just smaller and better?

Yeah, pretty much. It doesn't have backwards compatibility for PS2 games (I think it does for PS1) but that's no problem, as only the very first 60GB PS3's can play PS2 games anyway.

Everything else is pretty much the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, downloaded, played a few matches.....it looks the same as 08 but plays much more fluidly. Its hard to describe, but through balls actually work for me now. :D

Loving the idea of multiplayer practice sessions. Basically an Xbox Live Party, with a ball. :)

Yeah have also played a fair few games now. I played straight away on the highest setting as come on now we are all quite experienced these days!

What can i say, the best just got a whole lot better. The first thing i noticed was they have done a lot of work on that whole "keep my finger on x or a and i will magically tackle the player" thing. I did it and was seen to have caused a foul. And this is the thing, that tackle now has new animations were if you just barge into someone and press it you will get done for it. If you do it at the right time where the player has the ball slightly away from his feet you will stick a foot in and get the ball. Or it can cause you both to jostle i.e shoulder to shoulder.

The other thing i noticed a massive change in was crossing. You can cross the ball so much better now with curving crosses in different directions.

Tackling seems much better and the AI is once again very difficult.

The comentary had changed which is great because last years was the same as 08's. Probably the best comentary i have seen in a game and sounds a lot more realistic. The crowd seems a lot more noiser now too.

The thing which i like the most though is the 360 degrees movements. After being so used to the old games it is funny as you try and get used to it as before you just ran in a straight line but now you can see you vere a little bit and that is simply down to where i was holding the stick.

The animations are awesome and thank god they have sorted it so the ref does not book you for your 1st bad tackle unless it really is a booking. I got an animation that was different then the old ones where it looked like the ref was giving the player a final warning, which was cool.

So very impressed and can't wait for the real game. Apparently the demo is a couple months old now so like last year they will just polish things up before release.

I scored a beauty goal with Lampard, and thats the other great thing you can save goals and show them to people

http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9085759

You can see in that what i mean about the little touch to nab the ball.

Great game

Played a fair few games and well impressed.

Dribbling

Crossing

Commentary

Graphics

All Awesome.

Although it does seem very easy to give away a free kick at the moment, i think its mainly due to the fact that you can't just hold A and win the ball anymore so it will become a lot better especially playing online.

I think that EA's decision to offer a ****ter version for PC is retarded. Yes, I am aware of their reasons, and console-centric idiots might well make some stupid and predictable (but always repeated, never fulfilled) comment about the PC being an increasingly irrelevent platform - but the fact is it that it is one reason I won't consider buying it. PES does this right, at least, and while this is due to their core markets, it still seems to make more sense to me to do as Konami have done - simple have scalability options. PES looks better on the PC than anywhere else if you've got a decent system, and rightly so.

I played about 10-15 matches with some mates round here last night, then switched over to Fifa 09....well, that games ruined for me now. It feels like you're playing in custard on 09 compared to 10. Seriously can't wait for it now. :D

Just downloading it on the PS3 now. Do downloads with everyone else take so long (sorry I'm still relitively new to the ps3). It's been going about an hour and I'm still only 44% done.

Also, can I play games if I'm downloading it in the background or does it slow/stop the download - I'M bored and want to try and finish MGS4 but dont want to have to cancel the download this far into it.

Played a few games, agreed it's better than last year and through balls are perfect but all the players running in exactly the same motion is a bit weird.

Admittedly it's an older version but still, and creating an opening with Barcelona is harder than it should be, Messi was getting caught in a sprint which hardly ever happens, and he doesn't glide on the pitch as all the players run the same.

Petr Cech only 68 overall rating? Since when was Ross Turnbull better than Cech?

Might be a bit picky but things I certainly hope they improve before release

Played a couple of games with the demo.

Noticed that the power up when you shoot or cross when sprinting have disappeared for some reason. Wouldn't understand why EA got rid of it, but hey, you can feel how powerful the shot is anyway.

Headers are much easier to score I've found. Running to the byline and crossing across the box is the way I've been scoring most in my games. I haven't really noticed the 360 dribbling yet. I think I've only found something that resembles it when I am defending and haven't got the ball.

Every pass is much less automated by the game, so you actually have to pay attention to where you are aiming the ball. The new animations are really top notch, a highlight for me was when Xavi was running the ball near the corner flag to fly in a cross, Bosingwa actually jumped and threw his back in the way of it. I don't know why everyone is saying they are giving away free kicks too easily, I don't think I've given away more than 4 in about 5 matches.

Overall, nothing game changing happened from last year, which is probably a good thing.

I do really like the game but there are a few things i dislike

When you score or when you get booked sometimes it goes into a animation where the crowd is blurred. They should of left it like it was. I realise they probably did that so they could increase graphics or something but it just feels a little 2003 or something.

Another thing is the subs view when it does the stadium look etc.. can't they just get the 4th official holding up a board or something?

Love the quick free kicks and the stadium effects, especially when you pass it about and the crowd cheer or applaud certain play's. Or when time is nearly up they whistle etc.

Just downloading it on the PS3 now. Do downloads with everyone else take so long (sorry I'm still relitively new to the ps3). It's been going about an hour and I'm still only 44% done.

Also, can I play games if I'm downloading it in the background or does it slow/stop the download - I'M bored and want to try and finish MGS4 but dont want to have to cancel the download this far into it.

Xbox is the way forward, took me 8 minutes to download :)

Really quite like the game, the 360 degree movement makes the whole gameplay a lot smoother and the physical aspect makes it more exciting. Also enjoying some of the spectacular keeper saves, along with some spectacular goals.

My only issue is in the arena after you've missed a shot the camera goals all weird when setting you back to the start, kind of like your in a fast moving car that's suddenly stopped.

Have now played both 360 and ps3 version for sometime and once again the only difference between the two is 360 is brighter. Why the fook do they keep doing that? How hard can it be to just increase brightness on the game?

If you look at this eurogamer did a piece showing what i mean

http://www.eurogamer.pt/gallery.php?game_id=11829&article_id=757593#anchor

EDIT: Just read the forums and they have changed it for the real game, yay.

They are saying a lot has been changed from the real version and the demo. They had to cut back on a few things so to keep the download size small so people on all connections could get it. The commentary in supposed to be different too so that will be interesting.

Edited by St Marco

The animations are good.

The shooting feels a bit better however far too easy to score, keepers aren't really very good at all.

Through balls again far too easy.

Defending at times seems less in 'control'

Slide challenges are pretty useless.

Crossing is MUCH MUCH better.

Dribbling still a big weak point, the "anologue stick" is fairly redundant.

Still gonna stick to pro.

And the A.I seems really not very good at all.