Xbox 360 live help

Tac-tics

To resolve this issue, you must complete associating a valid Windows Live ID with your account before you can continue to use the service.

Note Currently, you can complete this process only by using your Xbox 360 console.

1. Select Change Windows Live ID.

2. In the Change Windows Live ID window, select Continue.

3. On the Your Account screen, type the e-mail address of the Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your Gamertag.

4. When you are prompted, type the password that is associated with your Windows Live ID.

5. Confirm that your information on the next screen is correct.

6. Confirm that the changes that you want to make are correct.

7. Accept the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and Privacy Statement. If you select Decline, your changes will not be made.

8. Complete your changes. Then, return to the Xbox Dashboard.

Quick question for Xbox live users; what sort of minimum download speed can you get away with to use live? I've never entertained the idea before as my connection has always hovered between 600 and 800 kbps but I now get a whopping 1.5Mbps, thanks to a bit of work from BT. It's the most I'm going to see for a couple of years at least, until it all goes fibre optic round here, but is it enough to get online with?

Remember, its not the speed of download but the ping (response time from A to B to A) thats important. For gaming it will depend on the packet size per data update. generally you'd be able to play comfortably on a 100k connection with well optimised net code, i should imagine even 500k will see you safe.