Keith Floyd RIP

Pancake

*sob* grew up watching keith floyd. I'm from a family of caterers and chefs and (before i realised how much hard work it was when I actually DID do it) was convinced I wanted to be a chef for many years because of this man... gutted :(

Sad to hear he's passed away, but what a life and what a lot he packed into it. I got tanked up a few times in the Maltsters Arms in Devon when he owned it in the early 90's and vaguely remember the group i was with trading some gags with him and some of his mates, most enjoyable. Good old Floyd. RIP.

I only watched a TV program on him last night, keith meets keith.

Floyd was fooked to be honest.

I caught the end of that and remarked how he had aged and looked poorly. In retrospect I just wonder if the news had already broken?

I liked his style, he made mistakes and nothing went totally to plan so he'd just open another bottle.

A bit like many of us really and that's what endeared him to me.

I only watched a TV program on him last night, keith meets keith.

Floyd was fooked to be honest.

Yep I saw that programme on Monday night and certainly was not suprised to hear the news. At 65 he was no advert for good living but still the only cookery programmes I ever made a point of watching before or since.

Has the C word ever been said so often in one programme as that one the other night? Didn't reflect to well on him tbh and watching it with my wife I started to get a bit uncomfortable - wish i had never saw it - a very sad and bitter man. A great pity.

What a shame R I P Keith

Don't be sad for him. The man lived his life to the utmost. In a sense, he's a lesson to us all not to be afraid to live. Sure he died at 65, when many of us would like to consider that 80 or more is on the cards. But he lived with good friends, bad enemies, great food, great wine, great and bad experiences. In a lifetime, you couldn't ask for too much more.

I'll never forget him desperately finding his feet, on a bucking boat, in a huge sea, and throwing that tin of John West tuna overboard, after declaring it awful stuff. It was his tone of presentation and quality in a moment. I'd always thought in a similar way, and hence I admired him even more than I had before.

And John West have never been quite the same since..! ;)