League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

When Charlie Austin was the same age as Gallagher is now, Charlie was a very consistent and very effective Championship level striker - 28 goals in 40 games, 17 the season before, 20 the season after.

Gallagher nowhere near that standard, nowhere near. And the likelihood he never will be, having already had plenty of opportunities at that second tier level.

The notion that him being young therefore better is more lazy than your own "fear" theory you are offering up.

Austin comes off the bench: goal threat.

Gallagher off the bench: meh. Kid getting a run out before inevitable loan move.

Also, all the info this Jan pointed to us definitely trying to sign a front line right back. I wonder why?

Sadly, we don't have the Austin of 5 years ago. We've got the waste of space he is now.

Question is; IF Ings, Lemina and Armstrong had all been fit and selected with Yoshida would we have won the game in a different way/ a canter?

If the answer is yes then we have hope for the remaining 12 games

Ings, Armstrong and Yoshida would all have made a difference yesterday and we win the game.

• 2 weeks later...

'Wear a Red shirt'! Absolute classic Glen. No doubt that you will come up with yet another gem from our win over the 12 man Spurs.At least with your take on matches we don't need to take any heed of the c.rap that appears in the sports pages of the Nationals. Thanks for your imput Glenn. Yet again an outstanding contribution.

Glen pick the bones out from Saturday - Why do we get truckloads of luck in one game? Two wrongs don't make a right? Poet justice? So many talking points probably more than in any game for a long time (well, at least a week) Need more than one page?

Glen pick the bones out from Saturday - Why do we get truckloads of luck in one game? Two wrongs don't make a right? Poet justice? So many talking points probably more than in any game for a long time (well, at least a week) Need more than one page?

No! Just two words Kevin Friend!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

uBlimey when I was a nipper living in Bitterne and we use to go down to Weston Shore to see the QEII go out or come home it looked a lot tidier than it does in that photo - I guess paddling is much safer these days, less likely to catch all sorts than you were in the late 60’s & 70’s

• 4 weeks later...
It's all been brilliant. Thanks Glenn. I've read pretty well all of them and the incisive analysis and humour, especially the black kind, have kept me going. Huge thanks, and please keep it up.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It’s the honesty for me! [emoji106]

Here’s to the next 10 years! [emoji482]

If you can be arsed!! [emoji2957]

• 2 weeks later...
It's all been brilliant. Thanks Glen. I've read pretty well all of them and the incisive analysis and humour, especially the black kind, have kept me going. Huge thanks, and please keep it up.

No worries mate. Thanks for reading.

It’s the honesty for me! [emoji106]

Here’s to the next 10 years! [emoji482]

If you can be arsed!! [emoji2957]

"He couldn't be arsed" is my current choice of message on my gravestone.

Some great trips down memory lane in your top 10.

Thanks for 10 years of laughs and tears, and keep it going!

1 year at a time my friend.

I don't think I've missed a single one of your incredibly analytical pieces Glen. As an ex STH ( the grandsons both play Academy Football on Saturdays now) we are only able to attend away matches up here and the odd one at St Marys when we are back in town. Your frank summaries of our matches are outstanding and all of us look out for them as soon as you publish. Thank you from all of us Haspers for all the laughs and humour you have given us. Long may it continue. We look forward to the forthcoming (upcoming? ********!) season. Have a good break and we'll meet again in August.

I concur! After Keith Legg stopped writing his summaries back in the day I ended up searching for a well written Saints biased match write up. The L1M10 site surpassed it! It's brilliant, funny and is never scared to be controversial at times! It's one of the things I look forward to in the week! Cheers Billy!

I don't think I've missed a single one of your incredibly analytical pieces Glen. As an ex STH ( the grandsons both play Academy Football on Saturdays now) we are only able to attend away matches up here and the odd one at St Marys when we are back in town. Your frank summaries of our matches are outstanding and all of us look out for them as soon as you publish. Thank you from all of us Haspers for all the laughs and humour you have given us. Long may it continue. We look forward to the forthcoming (upcoming? ********!) season. Have a good break and we'll meet again in August.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...