League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

• 2 weeks later...

Your latest on Saints v Cherries is,as usual Glen,spot on. None of us could quite understand Ralph's logic. We gave the game to them with little effort on our part. JWP continues to be frustratingly inconsistent. Put your effing laces through the ball Nipper. It's what boots are for. Tomorrow will be the win of the season for most of us with long memories. This really is the South Coast Derby!!!

Edited by hasper57saint
Mis spelling

I'm glad it wasn't just me!.......I can't think of the last time Saints scored and I didn't get up to celebrate: weird.

"On the half hour something totally unexpected happens as Valery takes a throw-in to Redmond and gets the ball back and then takes on five Chelsea players, getting to the by-line before squaring for that man Danny Ings to knock past Kepa and into the net to give us a completely unexpected lifeline. Though it’s a brilliant goal, it’s kind of hard to get excited given the shambles that has preceded it. It’s a slightly weird feeling".

It just looked like Valery just thought "sod this buggering about I'm having a crack"...............some winkle behind thought it was Redmond: yeah right mush! can tell you're not here every week.

Once again a top report, nails hit squarely on head and I am annoyed again (thanks). think the whole afternoon can be summed up by the fact that what crowd was left at full time couldn't raise themselves to boo on the final whistle, we had all wasted a perfectly good afternoon and more than enough energy on that lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Very restrained. We'll done Glenn.

I'm angry because this was to be a special match for me. A birthday present of hospitality in the Liebherr lounge. Instead of remembering the decent food, meeting players and ex-players and enjoying a bit of a treat, I will only ever remember 0-9.

But one happy moment I'll take away. Bumped into (literally) MLT before the game and got to shake his hand and speak briefly with him. Thankfully it wasn't after the game.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

About right having a chip at Walker - the bloke can't normally hit a Cows backside with a Banjo in front of goal - then for his one time per the season he manages to get him and his Banjo in exactly the right place at precisely the right time..............it does also sum up our luck of late.

Still as always a good read.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great write up as always Glen though I don't think you've been critical enough. We have been ****e for most of the season but that performance took it to new levels. Hojbjerg should not be allowed anywhere near the starting eleven until he has worked out what colour shirts we play in, how to trap a ball, how to pass a ball, how to tackle and how to shoot! I read one comment somewhere that summed up his performance - "it was as if he had won a prize to play in a football match". As for Redmond, the least said about his first half performance the better - you'd have thought that he'd never met Bertrand before in his life! Thought you were a bit harsh on Stephens - at least he tries and create things and has a bit of skill. Its bloody hard for our defenders playing behind an invisible midfield. We are truly in the mire. I reckon you and I could have bought Southampton in the same way that Gao has. Just find a bank willing to lend £200 million, pay the interest out of the TV money, invest sweet FA and hope to sell at a profit. We have been totally shafted. Merry Christmas.

Well done Glen - pretty on the money as usual. What a great day out at a top venue. You could tell the players were up for it from the first minute - unlike last week. We are so much better when there is space to run into and Villa certainly weren't lacking in giving us plenty on Saturday. I thought the whole team turned up, even Cedric. Every player makes mistakes and some get highlighted more than others. I think that the fans are more forgiving if they see some kind of effort and improvement. Special mention for Danny Ings and Jack Stephens. Not only were they on top of their game but they both helped me pick up £125.00 from the Villa bookmakers :)

Let's hope that we can pick up some points over Christmas and the New Year.

Cant wait to see what you have to say about Deli Alli, Jose M, Danny and Ralph and JWP, PEH and also Bednarek! let alone Mike Dean....

It’ll be fun reading for sure.

Yah bastad bumping this thread, I thought he'd already published it! :-)

Well you ain't helped by doing likewise - git-bag!!!!

Its like waiting for the Beano to be delivered! :D

Same. :lol:

ARE YOU READY!!!!