League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

great report, full of cynical realism. my fave line: "Liverpool have selected Kevin Friend to referee the game, a first choice appointment for them since the pre-Klopp days"

Cynical realism - I like that! Cheers for reading.

I said that before the game when I saw our (non) Friend was to be in the middle 'We're F....d!'And so we were. Well done as always Glen.Its great to see the real report rather than the tarted up bias.

That's what I do.... though I think I may be a bit biased.

• 2 weeks later...
Errrr??! Has anyone heard from Billy / Glen - He's gone quiet (not that anyone could blame him after Burnley) just hoping he is alright.

Sorry to those of you expecting a read of his next installment

Yes. I'm looking forward (as always) to the next issue.

Maybe he just has a life beyond League 1 minus 10 that occasionally gets in the way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Errrr??! Has anyone heard from Billy / Glen - He's gone quiet (not that anyone could blame him after Burnley) just hoping he is alright.

Sorry to those of you expecting a read of his next installment

Sorry, I forgot to post the Burnley link....

Yes. I'm looking forward (as always) to the next issue.

Maybe he just has a life beyond League 1 minus 10 that occasionally gets in the way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No... no life aside from this and Total Saints Podcast and the Ugly Inside. :lol:

An excellent summary Glen. That's exactly how I felt for 80 minutes. I don't know about the last 10 as I'd f***ed off by then, sick of seeing us meekly roll over and gifting West Ham yet another 3 points. That's two seasons running we've allowed Burnley and West Ham to take 6 points from us. We've given West Ham over 1/5th (22.22 %) of their points in their 28 games this season. Let's hope we can do better on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the greatest days of my life.

The Daily Express reckoned we would lose 6-0 in one of the most one sided cup finals in years.

I didnt care, just wanted to see my team at Wembley.

We had £6 tickets near the Royal Box and when the final whistle went an old fella in front of us raised his hands in the air and said...'Thank you God, I am so happy, you can take me now'...

I travelled up with a car full of mates and parked in a side street around Wembley.

When I returned to the car, I got chatting to a lad who was waiting for his mates to arrive back.

He was from Bournemouth and ironically had sat in the next seat to me amongst a small band of Saints fans who had gone to Villa Park for the 3rd Rd replay v Aston Villa.

The Daily Express reckoned we would lose 6-0 in one of the most one sided cup finals in years.

We had £6 tickets near the Royal Box and when the final whistle went an old fella in front of us raised his hands in the air and said...'Thank you God, I am so happy, you can take me now'...

I travelled up with a car full of mates and parked in a side street around Wembley.

When I returned to the car, I got chatting to a lad who was waiting for his mates to arrive back.

He was from Bournemouth and ironically had sat in the next seat to me amongst a small band of Saints fans who had gone to Villa Park for the 3rd Rd replay v Aston Villa.

It was a great day - one of the best of my life.

We were living in Birmingham at the time. My dad put an advert in the local paper asking for cup final tickets. We ended up getting 2 paying over the face value of £2.50. The tickets were stamped "AstonVilla Football club" on the back.

Our tickets were for a pen behind the goal where Bobby scored. The pen was full of United fans so my dad asked a steward if we could move into the pen above which was full of Saints fans. In those pre Hillsborough days there was no problem in switching pens!!

What a great day!!

I kept my ticket inside my doc marten boots until just before the entrance, so paranoid I was about losing it! Remember all the local football club tickets (was it 2 per club) being snapped up by plastic Manks.

Then after Bobby scored being swept down the terraces in delirium and the upper tier bouncing beneath my feet, everyone shouting singing screaming and breathless all at once!

Your report of the day has caught the scary opening and then the growing confidence and the mounting feeling that we were going to win. Will never forget it and 010576 is a great password number!!

Nice to read that perspective...

I still get a lump in my throat, still get goose bumps watching that goal go in....on the day I saw it on one of the few large colour tellies within my circle of friends.I cried when the goal went in..I cried at the end and then embarked on the most euphoric drive around and to collect the winnings from the numerous plastics that I had bet...I wasn't and am still not a big gambler but it seemed lacking in faith if I didn't take on the bets and oh how I enjoyed taking their money. Great day...greatest day - I've had a few since then but what a day that was!

[emoji106] especially in the sea of gloom at the mo.

It was a great day - one of the best of my life.

We were living in Birmingham at the time. My dad put an advert in the local paper asking for cup final tickets. We ended up getting 2 paying over the face value of £2.50. The tickets were stamped "AstonVilla Football club" on the back.

Our tickets were for a pen behind the goal where Bobby scored. The pen was full of United fans so my dad asked a steward if we could move into the pen above which was full of Saints fans. In those pre Hillsborough days there was no problem in switching pens!!

What a great day!!

I kept my ticket inside my doc marten boots until just before the entrance, so paranoid I was about losing it! Remember all the local football club tickets (was it 2 per club) being snapped up by plastic Manks.

Then after Bobby scored being swept down the terraces in delirium and the upper tier bouncing beneath my feet, everyone shouting singing screaming and breathless all at once!

Your report of the day has caught the scary opening and then the growing confidence and the mounting feeling that we were going to win. Will never forget it and 010576 is a great password number!!

Nice to read that perspective...

I still get a lump in my throat, still get goose bumps watching that goal go in....on the day I saw it on one of the few large colour tellies within my circle of friends.I cried when the goal went in..I cried at the end and then embarked on the most euphoric drive around and to collect the winnings from the numerous plastics that I had bet...I wasn't and am still not a big gambler but it seemed lacking in faith if I didn't take on the bets and oh how I enjoyed taking their money. Great day...greatest day - I've had a few since then but what a day that was!

Cheers for the comments people - love it.

• 2 months later...