League 1 Minus 10 - blog

L1Minus10

good read as usual.

if you are on the podcast again could you ask Simon peach why he is so fair weathered about the club and the manager.

it is bizarre that those with connections in the club are very hesitant to put him under pressure.

I think when it's your job to talk about football then you inevitably become a bit more even handed, even regarding the club you support. Personally I'd find that a bit of a challenge if by some miracle I ended up working for Saints or the media.

Personally, I think there could be some more pressing questions but there's as issue there - no access to Les Reed, no point in talking football with Krueger and Pellegrino's English is not the best so the questions have to me more generic.

Yet another 'nail on head' write up.The 'Kippers' (two faced no guts) Board, have betrayed the Club,the Fans and the City of Southampton yet continue to mouth platitudes of total nonsense.Thanks for the read Glen.Another A* for you.

Cheers mate. We'll see what the weekend brings...

As well as providing the "assist", I was amazed that Madley didn't give that last minute penalty, when Barnes sat down. It was exactly like the Giroud one he gave at The Emirates 18 months ago.

The one where he ignored a foul on Long, Koscielny being on the ground with a head injury, Koscielny being in an offside position and Giroud pulling Fonte's shirt - so he could give a last minute penalty against us.

I'd forgotten all about that... ha ha

I see the latest post is up: https://leagueoneminus10.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/premier-league-match-29-southampton-0.html

Top read as usual.

He has the cluelessness and riddled communication of Poortvliet, the stubbornness Branfoot , the totally out of his depth air of Steve Wigley, the risk averse scared to death approach of Claude Puel and the bewildering team selection of George Burley.

:D

Great report as ever. Thanks, Glen.

Agree with all of it, especially dropping Romeu. I think we were conned into thinking Shelvey wasn't playing. Romeu should have played, been told to pick up a yellow so he could serve one of his suspension games next week. If we can't beat Wigan without him, we're even more crap than I thought.

Pellegrino probably thinks the glory of a Cup semifinal will save him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Very enjoyable (not sure that's the right word, actually) as always!

I remember Strachan talking about players being 'brave', and specifically being 'brave on the ball'. I think that's what this manager has well and truly drained from this squad (maybe Sims & Boufal haven't quite lost it, but give it time) - at a time we need players to stand up and be counted, they are all too afraid to be the one who loses possession.

Very enjoyable (not sure that's the right word, actually) as always!

I remember Strachan talking about players being 'brave', and specifically being 'brave on the ball'. I think that's what this manager has well and truly drained from this squad (maybe Sims & Boufal haven't quite lost it, but give it time) - at a time we need players to stand up and be counted, they are all too afraid to be the one who loses possession.

Agreed. MP has coached them to believe they're not good enough to be adventurous, must be cautious and defend. And he keeps talking about "growing", implying that we're not yet good enough. And that in turn creates a belief that we can't win games. He's killed all confidence and self-belief.

Great post again. FWIW my award for sack of **** of the season goes to the Newcastle game, but Leicester comes a close second.

It still amazes me that Pellegrino’s still employed with the club.

The first half of spurs away has to be up there. I watched it with a spurs fan and he turned to me at half time and said if his team had played like that then he would be livid. It was like a training game.

Week after week we get a match report told 'how it is' not how the press and Management spin.As a Saint Glen is as concerned about the welfare of our great club as much as we are.Excellent summaries filled with laughter and accurate.Like the rest of us he wants to see attacking football and the elimination of the 'crab style' we have suffered under the Pillockgrino.Outstandng as usual Glenn.Sunday will turn the tide for us.

Spot on talking about Hughes. Just how I remember it too:

"I don’t have the negative view of it that many others seem to. He wasn’t much good as a striker for us but when he dropped into midfield and partnered Chris Marsden in the Great Escape games, Dellhurst Park and all that, he was absolutely superb and played as if his life depended on it. He was 36 years old at the time and had had a long career playing for some of the biggest clubs in the world and had won everything so it says a lot about his personal pride that he played like that when it would’ve been easy not lift a leg and be like Jamie Redknapp was a few years later in similar circumstances."

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent summary - and from someone who was actually at the game I know exactly where you are coming from. They were completely and utterly useless. The very first challenge of the game came from a hoof out the back which was heading Austin’s way. He didn’t even jump off the ground and was soundly beaten by some West Ham lump who was standing behind him. In fact I don’t think he or Gabbiadini’s feet left the fuc**ng turf all game. Since when were attackers coached not to jump?? Absolute dogs ****e.

Anyway great report as always and I just hope some of the players take a read of it and actually realise how pathetic and unacceptable these performances are. Some hope!

Very good, as always. But unusual for you to be so restrained in your criticism.[emoji6]

Absolutely right about playing fir their own brand and their next move rather than the team and the club. No loyalty, no commitment, no respect of the badge, the club or the fans.

Too many don't give a toss if we go down. Could actually lever their next move. Utterly f##king disgraceful.

Great description of the mediocre bunch of posers who are happy to pick up in a week what the vast majority of supporters would take two grafting years to make.I wont be tearing my hair out as I haven't got any but I expect to see Sparky with a crew cut for the next game and the players wearing incontinent pads!