Last 3 albums you listened to all the way through

Rattlehead

and how long ago was it? Do people generally still do this?

For me:

1. Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

2. Evile - Infected Nations

3. Metallica - ...And Justice For All

All in the last week. I try to listen to albums all the way through, and by and large I do, but probably a bit less than I used to given iPod memory and options etc...

G'n'R- Lies.

Joe Bonamassa-The Ballad of John Henry.

Metallica- S&M

Good selection. I wish I had time to listen to S&M all the way through.

@Ponty: Airbourne - are you going to see them next year as they will be touring the UK? I saw them in Germany last year - good live but not massively keen on the album.

Edited by Rattlehead

Good selection. I wish I had time to listen to S&M all the way through.

@Ponty: Airbourne - are you going to see them next year as they will be touring the UK? I saw them in Germany last year - good live but not massively keen on the album.

It's possible - Mrs P is more of a fan probably but as she is the one who gets her arse in gear and sorts out tickets, I'd imagine we might.

AIC-Dirt

5 finger death punch- war is the answer

Baroness-The Blue Album

I have tried very hard to like 5FDP and Baroness, I really have, but I just can't get into either of them. In fairness to Baroness, I haven't actually heard The Blue Album - didn't think it was even out yet.

Dirt, on the other hand, is one of the most magnificent albums ever made.

UFO - Strangers In The Night

The greatest live album ever + The best driving album ever - I have never removed it from the single slot in my car CD player and has made all the CD's in the changer redundant. I bought a USB turntable solely to convert my vinyl copy and then last year they released a digitially remastered copy so I bought that.

Apart from that i may occassionally listen to Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks or the Yetties of Yetminster just to prove we cannot do Bob Dylan in this country.

Verve - Urban Hymns . Must give that a listen again one day.

The greatest live album ever + The best driving album ever - I have never removed it from the single slot in my car CD player and has made all the CD's in the changer redundant. I bought a USB turntable solely to convert my vinyl copy and then last year they released a digitially remastered copy so I bought that.

Apart from that i may occassionally listen to Bob Dylan's Blood on the Tracks or the Yetties of Yetminster just to prove we cannot do Bob Dylan in this country.

My Dad has a couple of songs off this album (I'm pretty sure it's off the album, they are live versions of Doctor Doctor and Rock Bottom) on a tape that we play in the car sometimes and it's bloody brilliant.

I got one of them USB turntables as well, would recommend them for people with a record collection.

You need to listen to Micheal Schenker Group,One night at Budakan.

Brilliant live album and shed loads of connections to UFO.

You need to listen to Micheal Schenker Group,One night at Budakan.

Brilliant live album and shed loads of connections to UFO.

Got that and the Scorpions live album but this tops everything. The first band i saw live was Black Sabbath on their Heaven and Hell Tour and thought ok but not brilliant and nor sure what to expect either and then followed that up with UFO live at the Portsmouth Guildhall and discovered exactly what live music was all about and although Motorhead live at the then Gaumont when they broke the record for the loudest band ever and were nearly as good but apart from them no one has come close to UFO, although I never got round to seeing AC/DC.

Led Zeppelin at Knebworth and various Pink Floyd concerts at Earls Court were awesome but more jaw dropping and appreciative and less involving as that UFO concert was and its raw energy.

If people have never listened to it then I would recommend it enormously and Schenker and Mogg are absolutely brilliant. Even better that it was recorded in New York and clearly the crowd aren't quite getting it. UFO were the band Deep Purple should have been had they not got hung up with their own self-importance.

The Arts - may need to come over here more often.

My Dad has a couple of songs off this album (I'm pretty sure it's off the album, they are live versions of Doctor Doctor and Rock Bottom) on a tape that we play in the car sometimes and it's bloody brilliant.

I got one of them USB turntables as well, would recommend them for people with a record collection.

RandW I have no doubt they are tracks lifted from that album and would strongly recommend it if you are into late 70's heavy rock. There are much better tracks than these two, in fact there isn't a duff track on the whole album.

• 2 weeks later...
Quality.

Dr Doom 2 is released 27/10/09 and is produced by KutMasta Kurt.

I know!!!!!! I get paid on the 28th, that was going to be the first thing I go out and buy!!!!

I hope it is just as sick, twisted and disturbing as the first one. "I Run Rap" is one of my favourite joints ever.

Incidentally I listened to some more tunage last night.

The Kids In The Hall "Brain Candy" OST

Puressence - Puressence

Arsonists - As The World Burns