FM 2010 - 10.1.0 patch

Matthew Le God

LOL

Why don't the people making Football Manager make sure the game is actually finished before they release it?

I really can't understand people that say this. Every game ever released in the history of gaming and software in general has bugs. Most software companies provide patches. The game is very playable as it is, imo the least buggy in years due to changes in testing this year. By having it being played on a much larger scale in the demo and then on release they uncover new bugs and by keeping it in development for longer to remove bugs it means you won't be aware of some because it hasn't been played by large numbers of people. No logic to your statement and it falls down.

Edited by Matthew Le God

I really can't understand people that say this. Every game ever released in the history of gaming has bugs. Most software companies provide patches. The game is very playable as it is, imo the least buggy in years due to changes in testing this year. By having it being played on a much larger scale in the demo and then on release they uncover new bugs and by keeping it in development for longer to remove bugs it means you won't be aware of some because it hasn't been played by large numbers of people. No logic to your statement and it falls down.

Neither can I.

I know its frustrating for some people but this FM is such a huuuuge undertaking by so many people, to deliver what they do is nothing short of a miracle in some cases.

The only fack up which you can half-pin on SI/Sega is last years Steam/activation code fiasco. But this time it appears SI/Sega have learnt from it and delivered a top product and a patch that follows straight after installation.

Top work, SI.

Neither can I.

I know its frustrating for some people but this FM is such a huuuuge undertaking by so many people, to deliver what they do is nothing short of a miracle in some cases.

The only fack up which you can half-pin on SI/Sega is last years Steam/activation code fiasco. But this time it appears SI/Sega have learnt from it and delivered a top product and a patch that follows straight after installation.

Top work, SI.

Most computer games are also in development for 3 or 4 years. SI bring out a game every 12 months. In that time they have to develop new features and test the game. When you take that into account it is remarkable just how much work goes into each new FM.

I really can't understand people that say this. Every game ever released in the history of gaming and software in general has bugs. Most software companies provide patches. The game is very playable as it is, imo the least buggy in years due to changes in testing this year. By having it being played on a much larger scale in the demo and then on release they uncover new bugs and by keeping it in development for longer to remove bugs it means you won't be aware of some because it hasn't been played by large numbers of people. No logic to your statement and it falls down.

I work for a small IT company that produces complex software for various companies that needs to be constantly updated and tweaked for more add-ons and features to be added.

If our company released software with as many fundamental bugs and glitches as the last FM had we'd go out of business.

I found glitches in FM09 on its release (double type in a search engine bug for instance) which if found in our software, would take one of our programmers minutes to fix. I almost don't mind a new PC game of FM's magnitude to have the odd bug straightaway, but for there to be bugs so fundamental and obvious is unbelievable.

They can only get away with it because of the size of their company and the reputation of the game. At the end of the day it's selling a product to the mass market that they know has faults with it

Now I'll be fair, I haven't seen or played FM10 yet so can't pass judgement. it may well be a lot more bug free than previous versions, I'll have to see, but the presence of a patch on a game's release date doesn't exactly exhude confidence.

Edited by JackFrost

I work for a small IT company that produces complex software for various companies that needs to be constantly updated and tweaked for more add-ons and features to be added.

If our company released software with as many fundamental bugs and glitches as the last FM had we'd go out of business.

I found glitches in FM09 on its release (double type in a search engine bug for instance) which if found in our software, would take one of our programmers minutes to fix. I almost don't mind a new PC game of FM's magnitude to have the odd bug straightaway, but for there to be bugs so fundamental and obvious is unbelievable.

They can only get away with it because of the size of their company and the reputation of the game. At the end of the day it's selling a product to the mass market that they know has faults with it

Now I'll be fair, I haven't seen or played FM09 yet so can't pass judgement. it may well be a lot more bug free than previous versions, I'll have to see, but the presence of a patch on a game's release date doesn't exactly exhude confidence.

There are alot more variables in a Football Management game than most other software gaming or not. These games are also produced in under a years development and testing. Considering this it is remarkable the detail level of the game and how relatively bug free it is for a small developer like SI. Everything is relative ;)

Play the demo of FM10 for free and then comment on it :)

There are alot more variables in a Football Management game than most other software gaming or not. These games are also produced in under a years development and testing. Considering this it is remarkable the detail level of the game and how relatively bug free it is for a small developer like SI. Everything is relative ;)

Play the demo of FM10 for free and then comment on it :)

The game is not produced from scratch each year. The interface is modified, tweaked and new features are aligned in the code, that is what happens each year. Big difference.

The detail of the game (assuming you mean the amount of players, clubs, leagues) is incredible yes, but the sheer amount of data in the game (with the necessary precautions) would be extremely unlikely to produce bugs, it's unknown elements ie new features being implemented in the game that would cause the majority of bugs/glitches the programmers would have to sort.

Interesting you refer to SI as a "small developer". Bet their a way bigger software developer than the company I work for ;)

in the patch notes....

Board Takeovers

===============

- Stopped non-players who dislike a club from leading consortiums that are interested in taking them over.

Not so sure Saints and Pompey fans will agree this was a bug lol

That was fixed because in beta I noticed Rupert Lowe led a consortium to take over Pompey and pointed it out to the coders :D

yes i agree but they usually dont release a patch 2 days after the game was released ;-)