Dead 360, £60

gaz

Its served me well, but its all over, my 360 Premium is now dead, and available for spares/repairs.

Description of the problem:

Stick in game (COD 4), boot it all up, dashboard is fine, loading screens fine, get into a match fine online (team deathmatch). All is OK for the first minute of play, rack up a few kills (I'm pretty handy)....then all of a sudden the screen starts displaying what I can best describe as ''Matrix-style'' tiny black squares on any texture that's dark. Walls, players, shadows etc. It was nearly impossible to see inside the buildings on Pipeline.

I've wiggled every connection on the telly in a vain attempt to fix it, but its still there, and the issue gets worse and worse over the course of the match, like I'm playing in a hazy snowstorm.

I thought it might have been a problem with COD4, but nope, Battlefield Bad Company produces a green version of the problem.

If I sit down and think about it, its only when the 360 is displaying 3D graphics (loading screens, menu/dashboard is OK), and gets worse the longer the 3D graphics are displayed.

Its NOT RRoD'd (yet) and is not banned from Xbox Live, the DVD drive works perfectly and has never misread a disc. I would have shipped it off to MS myself as its still got all the seals and has never been opened, but my Dad didn't know about this (I never got a moment to tell him) and he went out and bought a brand new Arcade. Cosmetically, its just a standard 360 Premium that's lived in the living room the past year.

Its the Falcon model with a HDMI port. It doesn't come with any pads, no cables, no games, and no harddrive. Just the bare console (and HDD blanking plate). Depending on what I'll do with them, they might be available later.

£60, post will be a tenner. PayPal please. I can't be bothered with the hassle of ringing them up and sending it off, I'd only sell it after they fixed it.

Naturally, as its clearly listed as faulty, no returns. Use it for spares, fix it yourself, or get MS to fix it, I'm not fussed.

Now sold.

Edited by gaz

MS will fix it for free for you and send it back within a week if you phone them up...?

I can't be bothered to get it fixed myself, as I said its already been replaced in this house with a new Arcade, so I just thought someone else could do it and do what they want with it?

give you 20 quid for it?

Erm....nope.

£60 plus £10 postage is a bit steep for something you can pick up brand new and more importantly in working order with a game for £129.99!

As someone mentions above, send it to MS and then sell it after? Otherwise, send it to me (postage free), ill send it to MS, take £25 and you can have the rest!

Or buy it for £60, and do what you want if you want to get it fixed yourself.....? :) The game you get with the Arcade is just 5 crappy Live Arcade games, not even worth a tenner, I'll chuck it in for whoever buys this! :D

So no pads (£30 a shot), no cables (£30 for power, probably £10 for video), so its going to cost the purchaser another £70 to actually be able to use this, wait a second... £60+£70, £130, or just get all that brand new for £129.99...

plus the thing is knackered...

Hmm, just looked on eBay and your quotes are about right, but I'll stress I never said it'll make a perfect present for little Johnny's 10th birthday.

Use it for spares, fix it yourself, or get MS to fix it, I'm not fussed.

And does anyone really expect to pay the asking price for anything these days?

... even if it was working its not a fair price.

I don't agree with that, I don't know where to look other than eBay, the only BIN Falcon on there that's just the console only is £100 plus post.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Premium-Console-only-BOXED-HDMI_W0QQitemZ360091454934QQihZ023QQcategoryZ112848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't agree with that, I don't know where to look other than eBay, the only BIN Falcon on there that's just the console only is £100 plus post.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Premium-Console-only-BOXED-HDMI_W0QQitemZ360091454934QQihZ023QQcategoryZ112848QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But at the same time you can get a second hand premium one which is working with all the leads (bar a scart), and two controllers for £110.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Premium-Console_W0QQitemZ160283743159QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160283743159&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But you're charging well over half of that for a knackered one. Whack it on ebay and see how it goes?