Battlefield Bad Company 2 Video.....wow

St Marco

I think i saw a B button flash on the screen so would guess it might be.

Scenery looks ok to me. I love the bit near the start of the video where the player changes to the grenade launcher and fires, then you see part of the builing blow up and a tree splinter etc...The physics of it look ace.

Ok played the multiplayer demo from the PSN.

+ Visually stunning; could be slightly better than MW2.

+ Bigger maps with buggys and tanks to drive.

- Appauling voice acting.

- I dont know whether I killed someone or not; handguns feel so flimsy.

Not sure how you can compare it with MAG mate as MAG sucks bad.

I struggle to think of any area where MAG beats this game.

Graphics wise BC2 destroys MAG and to even try and claim it doesnt it laughable

MAG

95093320100202screen015.jpg

Thos graphics plain suck. You mention the word "dated" but those graphics looklike something pre source era...

BC2

battlefieldbc212.jpg

Sound

This is MAG sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNMpjsLjedA

This is BC2 sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SKH1eHep7c

Notice how in BC2 you hear the actual sound of the area i.e echoes, wind, trees, while also hearing people. Where as in MAG you don't at all.

As before if you think MAG has better sound then that is laughable.

Gameplay

BC2

MAG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwgimUW7wHc&feature=related

I chose as similar footage as i could get of players running around shooting, hiding, using different weapons, using vehicles etc

Again no competition, gameplay wise BC2 blows MAG out of the water.

I could go on and on but there is no point. MAG has got dreadful reviews from pretty much everyone while BC2 has currently got a 95% review score.

Of course the only review that matters is your own but as i said above to even compare this game with MAG is laughable because it is trying to be battlefield and tries to copy it in every area, and fails with flying colours.

It has a 95 review from one of the harshest game reviewers there is!

They gave the new Aliens vs Predator game a 58% score! That is brutal. They also gave MAG a 70% score. If they give a game a 95% score you can bet the game will probably get a 90% metacritic score.

As i said that is my opinion. I would like to think i am pretty experienced when it comes to the fps genre mainly because like most of you i find those games fun. All the way from wolfenstein and doom to todays games. And having played those games i just can't understand, simply cannot comprehend how anyone could rate MAG above this game.

that picture is a terrible picture for mag graphics and really doesnt show the real graphics of mag.

You cant think of one way its better how about having 4 platoons of men each with 4 squads, each squad having a squad leader who leads his squad,each platoon a platoon leader who leads his platoon and and OIC who leads the whole army.

All of these can call in tactical strikes etc.. and it does work people do listen to their leaders more often than not where as bc2 your just in an arena of what feels like a tiny battle.

The skill tree in MAG owns bc's hands down and the customization.

Sure the soudns of the weapons, but you really feel like your in a war especialy when your in a clan with friends and you work together.

Ive always fought for battlefield over cod too so im not a cod fan by any means and MAG is what bf has always wanted to be.

I have the game can add me on there "trid-3nt"

I have put a nice amount of time into it and have come to the conclusion as others have that numbers mean nothing. Your only fighting around 50 people or so at the same time. In that time everyone is running around like headless chickens not having a clue where to go or what to do. A simple all run to a house where the re-supply is and stand and shoot out the windows. Then get killed by snipers. Run out into the open, get killed by snipers.

As for the customization are you for real?! You have 14 heads to choose from....All the same. Then you choose your voice which makes feck all point because the only time you talk is when you bleed out.

Weapon customization is poor. You got about 20 weapons in total to choose from and only a handful of those actually do anything different. The addons to them seem next to nothing.

And as for the skill tree comment you just gave yourself away as someone who has never played a Battlefield game because it is almost exactly the same......They have ripped off what Dice did.

Rank = xyz weapons available.

Kill people, complete objectives, hold zones = get exp

Earn exp = unlock new rank, which unlocks new abilities,weapons.

Having 4 squads on the screen means nothing whatsoever. Because there is zero skill to it and zero tactics to it. You run to a bottle neck and fight for that place. The maps are so small and crowded that you inevitably end up in the same place over and over. So for the entire round time your doing the same thing. Where as in battlefield you have multiple places to go for because the maps are huge. Meaning the small battles all over the map have importance to those fighting it, you know your job and those around you know what to do. In MAG there is none of that at all. It is just a headless chicken race.

I play the game and other fps games with a lot of friends who are serious clan gamers. They play on various leagues and cups and at one point when it was alive played in CAL.

They all think the game sucks bad.

The very 1st suckage thing will happen when you choose Valor and go do the training. When you get to the targets literally 1min into it the game will ask you to shoot with your pistol 2 targets. You will be there for the rest of your life trying to complete that bit because it is bugged. The only way to get the target to register is to throw a nade at it. Now if they fooked up the registery that bad in just the training level how is it going to be with real players?!

MAG is a rip off of Battlefield, you might not like me saying that, might not agree with it but it uses the exact same mechanics as the Battlefield series but does it far worse.

If i am wrong and your right then explain why the game has done so poorly in both reviews and sales? It had like 400,000 pre-orders that dropped to around 200,000 after the beta became free for all.

Even the figures themself from Zipper from the Beta show how bad people thought it was.

http://blog.mag.com/blog/2010/01/mag-beta-5-0-statistics/

1million people downloaded the beta.

Of those 1million people 619,000 gained 1 exp point....Where the hell did those 381,000 go? That is like they downloaded it, played the game for a few minutes then un-installed it straight away. If the game is as great as you claim why would they have done that?

Of those 619,000 who got 1 exp how many went on to earn a bit more and become a squad leader? 52k.....And how many made it all the way to level 60? 143 people.....

Now if that happened when it was free with a million people how many do you think will get there with about 25% of that number?

Meaning the game is not very popular at all in both sales and gaiming time. Which might be because i dunno, people hated it?

70% for a fps game is not good.

As i said before the only review that should matter is your own. And obviously we both disagree on how good both games are.

I have played MAG for a fair few hours, will continue to play it until one of the new fps games come out. But soon as BC2 is released i know i will never play MAG or MW2 again.

We should all know by now that early review scores mean nothing.

EA would have definitely shelled out for a few 90/95's. Same as Activision. Gives smaller game websites/magazines the 'Exclusive First World Review' front cover they need to boost their publicity. In return, EA gets a nice score.

Hence why while I'm quietly confident for 'Heavy Rain' after playing the demo, the small time games magazines have given it 95, including Game Informer (the one who gave BBC2 95), I'm not going to think that the industry think it's of that standard until a good week has passed by since it's release. Then we'll truly know.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/heavyrain

Back on topic, I really like Bad Company 2. Been playing the PC beta for ages now, on mostly every other night. Has more 'epic' moments in it than MW2.

i'm not saying it didnt rip of bf because it did but IMO its been everything i wanted BF to be. The feeling of being in a war, you can say what you like about you only really fight 64 players on occasion i have told my squad to help another squad take there burn offs and driven to the other side of the map.

Saying people run around like headless chickens, sure but they do this in BF as well but there is tactics, take burn off tower run in posion gas all entrances.

Or aquisition drive APC to there spawn and park in safe area wait for rest of squad to take out all road blocks,drive and hopefully your home free.

All these things i have done before so i can tell you now there is a tactical side to this game.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent to:

United Kingdom

using Royal Mail.

For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please

visit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

Your order #********************** (received March 03, 2010)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Battlefield: Bad Company 2... £24.99 1 £24.99

Shipped via Royal Mail (estimated arrival date: March 10, 2010).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Subtotal: £21.27

Shipping and handling: £0.00

VAT: £3.72

Pre-order Guarantee: £0.00

Total: £24.99

Well i have manged to play the campaign for a bit now and have to say im very impressed. I wont spoil it for people by giving away the stories and things but the first level if you can call them levels is quality. You start off in World War 2 in Japan with a sort of prologue which is pure awesomeness.

The graphics of the scenary as well as the physics are probably the best i have seen in a console game. There is a bit where your learning the controls and it asks you to run across a field. In old style fps games when they say field they mean the colour of the floor your walking on is green and thus is a field. That is not so here. When they say field they mean a huge giant field that is full to the brim with grass for you to duck in so not to be spotted. The trees and rocks etc.. all look very good and that makes the atmosphere really good.

Another thing which i really am impressed on is the sounds. If you have surround sound it really is jaw dropping to see something in front of you get blown the fook up and hear it in a realistic way.

The campaign is obviously going to be short as it is around 8hrs or so long, but the single player is really a little extra, was not meant to be the main part of the game as the multi-player is where it is at. But i have to say it is equally as good or if not better then the Modern Warfare 2 single player thus far.

Another thing which you have to get used to.

In normal fps games when your under fire you think "right here is a wall i will hide behind that and then pop out and shoot back".

or

"look there is a tank, i will hide in this house and look out the window"

Those days are gone!

If you hide like that your just as vunerable as being out in the open. I was hiding in a house and saw a tank, i started firing out the window like you do and then crouched to reload etc.. Stood back up and looked out the window and saw the tank had changed its turret to look at me. Next thing i know my window and the entire side of the house had been blown to smithereens and im blown back. Stand up with about 10 bad guys having clear as day shots at me!

This is something that is going to take a lot of getting used to because we are so used to crouching behind stuff and thinking that means were safe. Not so anymore. As in reality if a nade hits a wall and that wall is not very thick then it is going to put a hole in it, the same as a tank shell is going to flatten a house with all those inside it.

But it also goes the other way and this is the bit im loving. If you have to get from say A to B there are so many different ways to do that. If your behind a house and some guy with a 50 cal or something is ripping your team up and your pinned down you can destroy one of the walls to a house making a new route available to you to flank the enemy. The whole linear stuff like Modern Warfare is not the same here. If you pause and just look at the surroundings you can spend hours doing nothing but destroying everything. It is so much fun.