Saints 4-1 Carlisle - 2010 JPT Champions - Reaction

Block 5

In the car with Baj, Latviantolix and one other. Brilliant!!! Just brilliant! Paint pot or not, Ive seen Saints win 4-1 in a cup final at Wembley. Thought the whole team played well, no poor performances. Lallana, Lambert, Fonte and Antonio stood out for me.

Faaaaaaaantastic!!!

happy with that...

did not think we played that well to be fair...alot of hoof ball at times..but hell, who cares, we won a trophy..

hopefully, next season we either wont be able to defend it or not bother by playing a complete reserve team..

promotion is next on the list

great day

Just back in from the game. (I live in Surrey)

Awesome. Just awesome. It was my first trip to Wembley, and I must say it is a very impressive venue - I was so awestruck that I forgot to buy myself a programme! Damn it, will have to see if I can pick one up.

All credit to the fans, you were all superb. It was a sea of red and white, the mexican waves were brilliant. Best chant of the day was inspired by Carlisle - long after the 4th goal, when we went quiet, they sang "You're not singing anymore" to which we replied "Stand Up if you're 4-0 up!" Loved it. My throat is raw now.

We earned this. Performance wise, I would say it was hard going at times, Wotton was definitely the weak link in midfield, I was quite glad when he was taken off. Their midfield dominated at times, but we certainly came into it, and quickly.

The penalty settled the nerves, Super Ricky Lambert was never going to miss that. He played well, but he wouldn't have been my man of the match, I'm going to be biased (as he's my favourite player) but Harding was superb again. It's so hard to give a MOTM today. The defence were great, Jaidi and Fonte won everything, Mills was dodgy at first but really came into the game in the second half. Antonio was busy, a typical "Antonio" game where he;s excellent at times, and off the pace in others. Waigo wasn't brilliant but was always seemingly in the right place at the right time. Lallana is going to be a hell of a player for us. Lambert - well he was Lambert.

I'm shattered now, glad to be home, and looking forward to the Leyton Orient game on Easter Monday.

COME ON YOU SAINTS....

Just got back to the car on Harrow after a beer in the oak.

Great day, great performance great result.

Took my nephew who has converttled from Arsenal to Saints this season. Said to him not to expect this every year.....or should we?

I live this club.

Just back in from the game. (I live in Surrey)

Awesome. Just awesome. It was my first trip to Wembley, and I must say it is a very impressive venue - I was so awestruck that I forgot to buy myself a programme! Damn it, will have to see if I can pick one up.

All credit to the fans, you were all superb. It was a sea of red and white, the mexican waves were brilliant. Best chant of the day was inspired by Carlisle - long after the 4th goal, when we went quiet, they sang "You're not singing anymore" to which we replied "Stand Up if you're 4-0 up!" Loved it. My throat is raw now.

We earned this. Performance wise, I would say it was hard going at times, Wotton was definitely the weak link in midfield, I was quite glad when he was taken off. Their midfield dominated at times, but we certainly came into it, and quickly.

The penalty settled the nerves, Super Ricky Lambert was never going to miss that. He played well, but he wouldn't have been my man of the match, I'm going to be biased (as he's my favourite player) but Harding was superb again. It's so hard to give a MOTM today. The defence were great, Jaidi and Fonte won everything, Mills was dodgy at first but really came into the game in the second half. Antonio was busy, a typical "Antonio" game where he;s excellent at times, and off the pace in others. Waigo wasn't brilliant but was always seemingly in the right place at the right time. Lallana is going to be a hell of a player for us. Lambert - well he was Lambert.

I'm shattered now, glad to be home, and looking forward to the Leyton Orient game on Easter Monday.

COME ON YOU SAINTS....

Agree with most of that SNSUN I also thought Harding was awesome & my MOM, I think, they thought that him playing out of position would be a weakness

They obviously targeted him early on playing Robson in time & time again. but Harding had him in his pocket. Once we started playing football after about 10-mins, we started to take over. Also a big up for Lallana who I thought was impressive today. But I did think that Lambert was good today, hand in all the goals I think that is why they gave him man of the match. At time they forgot to play football,

Really pleased for all - never thought I'd hear the sentence "Saints are running riot at Wembley"!!

Proud of the lot of them and look forward to receiving the DVD as a Christmas present!

Agree with those who were nervous when Carlisle scored - it's going to be a long time to shake the Pavlovian fear of "We can't f()ck this up now, surely?"!!

BUT! Be positive! Perhaps we can be the first team team to win the JPT AND the Champions' League - within 5 years!!

I love this club!

Agree with most of that SNSUN I also thought Harding was awesome & my MOM, I think, they thought that him playing out of position would be a weakness

They obviously targeted him early on playing Robson in time & time again. but Harding had him in his pocket. Once we started playing football after about 10-mins, we started to take over. Also a big up for Lallana who I thought was impressive today. But I did think that Lambert was good today, hand in all the goals I think that is why they gave him man of the match. At time they forgot to play football,

Just at Heathrow waiting for the flight back to Lyon. Fabulous day all in all although I thought Carlisle gifted us the match. I too thought Harding was our MOTM kept them at bay when they looked to be getting on top.

Thought we played with 10 men really as Wotton did absolutely nothing whatsoever......still he couldn't **** anything up like that.

Got back a while ago from the sailing, but managed to watch the match, while out. Great, great day for everyone connected with the club. Every time the songs from the Saints fans came through, I was so proud. The Lads looked great in the Red & White, for a change, at a final. Didn't think the paint-pot trophy would leave such a positive effect, but it's a smashing one for lower league sides, and nothing to be sniffed at. And the best side in League One came through. Even made my non-football following mate smile.

Now I know how easy the trip is, I'm looking forward to the next one.Thanks for all the advice about parking and taking the tube in. Seemed so much more effort the last time I went. Stadium's not as impressive as Cardiff, no wow factor just big. Let's just hope for a good performance v brighton cos it will be a tough game.

Fantastic ,i came over all emotional at the end i watched it on the box which wasn't too bad got to see the goals played a few times and all the close up stuff obvIously regret not being there of course ....

A Big Well done to all that went ....

Sat on the train back to Stockport, having a couple beers, surprising number of Saints fans on board, absolutely brilliant day, saints fans magnificent as expected, very comfortable match. Loving the top tier waves going in opposite directions, fantastic stadium, and most importantly silverware at last - it's been a long time coming. All in all a great day even if it is just the JPT.

At last it feels like a blessing rather than a curse being a saints fan.

Oh, driving up the M40 towards Wembley today, I got stuck behind one of the Carlisle coaches. So much swearing, middle fingers and ****** signs. I apologise for my behaviour. :-D (Actually it was them being very uncouth. Hope they enjoyed their long ride home...)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})