Skates v Yids Match Thread

Saint Fan CaM

Jesus christ. If they are cheating, and get punished for anything then we also should be punished.

I don't think people realise we were in administration too you know. Our punishment was -10. There punishment is -9. If they were to be kicked out of the FA Cup then we should have been also. Both teams have apparently "cheated".

First Cardiff in the fanal and now Spurs...both usless...how bad was Spurs shoting ability, the bar is not 30 ft high.

Actually, marginally better than your spelling ability.

That was an amazing performance by Portsmouth and surely ANY genuine football fan must have thought it was a fantastic game. The finishing by both sides was poor, the football was hardly great, the pitch is a national disgrace (but it was the same for both sides) but it was great entertainment, far more entertaining than Chelsea against Villa - and that wasn't a bad game.

We grizzle about the super-rich clubs, we grizzle about the stupid penalties imposed by the football authorities, the inconsistencies. Portsmouth has suffered for being the plaything of international crooks and conmen but today they put out a team against all the odds, devoid of most of the expensive stars their money bought, and won. It was a victory for football and football fans.

Football won today against the odds. We've spent too much and ended up in administration and we of all people should appreciate that, however much you hate Pompey.

You come across as a moron. They cheated because they are cheats. Isn't it obvious?

There couldn't be a clearer case of cheating, half their players should have been sent back to their parent clubs. Remember it's tax payers like you and me they are basically stealing from to pay their over-paid foreign mercenaries' wages.

cheats for playing in the league, we had already been punished for cheating so we were doing nothing wrong.

Perhaps by playing players they couldn't afford and should never have been allowed to play? oh and suddenly remembering Dindane could play another game?

That was an amazing performance by Portsmouth and surely ANY genuine football fan must have thought it was a fantastic game. The finishing by both sides was poor, the football was hardly great, the pitch is a national disgrace (but it was the same for both sides) but it was great entertainment, far more entertaining than Chelsea against Villa - and that wasn't a bad game.

We grizzle about the super-rich clubs, we grizzle about the stupid penalties imposed by the football authorities, the inconsistencies. Portsmouth has suffered for being the plaything of international crooks and conmen but today they put out a team against all the odds, devoid of most of the expensive stars their money bought, and won. It was a victory for football and football fans.

Football won today against the odds. We've spent too much and ended up in administration and we of all people should appreciate that, however much you hate Pompey.

Shame on you Victor. Supporting Saints is not about this fair minded rational attitude. It's time you learnt to hate more.

100% agree with this...just don't understand how the FA can allow the farce to continue. Pimpley have disgraced English football this season.

how can you say this after what happened to us last year?? the only difference between the two clubs is our fall from grace wasn't as public as we were not in the premier. Stop sounding so bitter and twisted. Pompey are already f...d, let them enjoy their day out at Wembley, they won't be celebrating much else for a while.

Jesus christ. If they are cheating, and get punished for anything then we also should be punished.

I don't think people realise we were in administration too you know. Our punishment was -10. There punishment is -9. If they were to be kicked out of the FA Cup then we should have been also. Both teams have apparently "cheated".

I dont see the similarity.

We were already out of the Cup by the time we went into admin. We didnt have the opportunity to disgrace the FA Cup by winning it.

Oh and of course yer average fish-fiddler would be equally as generous about us if the roles were reversed, wouldnt he ?

It will be a dark day for English football if they win the Cup. Perhaps there is even an argument that their 2008 win should be expunged from the record books, since they were cheating even then.....

Rubbish, a bunch of cheats won today, they owe US the tax-payer millions yet they still pay their expensive foreign stars to cheat their way to more glory.

Today was a victory for cheats, football was the loser.

thats only because we weren't good enough. would have loved it if we did.

But I would have understood if the FA had taken action against us because of it.

The whole admin/points docked thing is a matter of principle about teams cheating and living beyond their means shouldnt gain from it.

As far as I am concerned, the football authorities went far enough in letting them sell outside the transfer window - they should not be allowed to win the world game's oldest and most respected trophy.

Has UEFA already said that ? Good.

The 5-live commentator said on the live commentary today that p*mp*y would not be able to play in europe next season even if they were to win the FA cup, due to their admin issues. I dont know any more than that.

The 5-live commentator said on the live commentary today that p*mp*y would not be able to play in europe next season even if they were to win the FA cup, due to their admin issues. I dont know any more than that.

Even that ain't right.

PFC didn't apply for the license required to enter a European competition due to the financial state being poor, as it was pretty clear it wouldn't be granted.

I must have been watching a different game cause that was one of the most boring games of football I have the misfountune of watching.

the commentator is such a d###, he is going on as though it the most attractive game of football ever.

You can see that one of the spurs back pairing slipping and letting Piquionne in

=D>

I think we need you to give us the winning lottery numbers...

The controversial Wembley surface - treacherous all afternoon with a host of players losing their footing - struck again as Spurs defender Michael Dawson slipped allowing Piquionne to stab home.

It's always funny to be a losing finalist though, which is what they'll be.

I think that's what they were also saying about us in 1976. :(

I sort of liked Spurs, even when Twitchy went there. Bugger that now, despicable side, worse than Liverpool. Useless bunch of chokers. Will only watch the 90 minutes from Wembley on Cup Final day now, screw the build up and all the fawning over the blue few. And if the unthinkable happens (and Pompey have some money down the back of the sofa to buy the ref again) the TV will be going off with the final whistle, just like it did the year they played Cardiff.

How exactly have they "cheated" their way to the FA cup final? You lot really come accross as morons sometimes.

It's bad enough that you feel able to infect our forum with drivel like this, but to reference us as 'morons' on here is particularly stupid. Hope you sleep securely in your caravan tonight, retard.

We now have to get to Wembley for the play offs

Cant have Pompey getting there more times than us this season

:smt059:smt059:smt059:smt059:smt059:smt059

Hallelujah, a voice of sanity at last on this thread.

I have little doubt that our cup win has gone some way in inspiring the skates to get to the final, and their achievement should inspire us to have an incredible end to our season with yet more glory.

That’s why you have rivals, and without them you wouldn’t achieve nearly as much or realise how great things are.

So at the count of five, we’re all going to thank Portsmouth and feel much better for it ;)

Possibly a lot of teams are in the same position including our selves at sometime or other.

But I dont think there are any FA Cup rules to cover this situation so I cannot see that Pompey are cheating.

However it is interesting that last week that the Leyton Orient Chairman was calling us cheats and not many agreed with him

But I do agree that clubs that do go into administration should be docked points but it is totally unfair on the fans.

I think both Saints and Pompey fans have been seriously let down by the people running them - Pompey a lot more than ourselves which I think was purely down to incompetance but not so sure with Pompey where greed was possibly the motice

Uhm slight difference though... we did not go mad on players... we did not give an open cheque book to a manager with a reputation for maximising the number of expensive deals, in effect we did not put together a squad that we could not afford to either avoid relegation OR give us a chance of success - BIG difference which the ignorant **** at Leyton Orient could do well to remember... our problems were compounded by the stadium loan, but this infrastructure investment could hardly have been called a huge advantage, since we were relegated twice anyway without any points deductions effecting it... because we were not good enough because we had NOT bought players we could not really afford until it was too late anyway... (this makes me so angry) - I still believe its right that we were opunished, not because of cheating at football (as Pompey/Leeds did etc), but because by going into admin the debt is in effect paid off for (in our case) about 40-50p in the pound, and I still think this is wrong.

Redflapps makes me laugh... still claiming he knew nothing about the finance.... does he really think we are that gullable, the man who transfereed some 100+ players whilst at West Ham in 4 years of which only 8 o so ever made a first team appearence? (nothing to see here...move along now) No he must have known what it would be doing to the club alright, its why he got out?

So pompey get to the cup final... so what... sure it would ahave been different had the CRouch's goal been rightly given, but what annoys me most is that sychophantic attitude of teh media, as 'poor old pompey' deserve our sympathy... sory they dont and the only fans that do are the few who were questioning the spending at the time and showed the type of precience that seemed to have alluded Storrie and Redknapp....

How utterly THICK are some of the people on this thread who can't see how the Skates have cheated their way to an FA Cup final. Have the last 4 or 5 months completely passed them by?

I think it’s more of a case of dismissing or laughing at the "current situation" instead of impotently crying with rage and throwing rocks at the moon.

It’s sunny, Saints are playing well and who cares what the skates are up to.

The most shocking development of the weekend, IMHO, was Terry’s tackle on Milner. Forget agent Redknapp, let’s start worrying about agent Terry and England’s world cup hopes.

No they don't... they forgot to apply for their UEFA license so they can't play in Europe. :cool:

Guess who wants to bend the rules some more?

PORTSMOUTH

Portsmouth eye Europe with appeal

Portsmouth will appeal to the Football Association over their failed application for a Uefa club licence as the FA Cup finalists seek European qualification.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm

I think it’s more of a case of dismissing or laughing at the "current situation" instead of impotently crying with rage and throwing rocks at the moon.

It’s sunny, Saints are playing well and who cares what the skates are up to.

The most shocking development of the weekend, IMHO, was Terry’s tackle on Milner. Forget agent Redknapp, let’s start worrying about agent Terry and England’s world cup hopes.

I make no bones about the fact that I hate the skates and want them to do as badly as possible. If seeing them cheating their way to an FA Cup final doesn't p**s you off then fair enough, can't say I or any other Saints fans I know share your indiffernce.

Guess who wants to bend the rules some more?

PORTSMOUTH

Portsmouth eye Europe with appeal

Portsmouth will appeal to the Football Association over their failed application for a Uefa club licence as the FA Cup finalists seek European qualification.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8558580.stm

"We will appeal. We follow a can-do approach," said Andrew Andronikou. What the hell does that mean? Presumably can-do as we like and damn the consequences !!

Ummm, no.

Firstly our "cheating" [and damn we're bad at cheating] was prior to this season. By all means retrospectively kick us out of last season's competition for going into admin 3 months after we were knocked out of it anyway if it makes you feel better.

Theirs has continued (and still continues now) by them continuing to play players they cannot afford when HMRC has had serious concerns that they have been trading insolvently, which is actually a crime.

Aside of all of that posturing borax, they were the (again) the luckiest team I've seen since they beat Man U in 2008 - having seen all of the terrible decisions and their crappy goal when Dawson fell over, I called a diabolical penalty decision as overdue about 5 minutes beforehand and was just surprised Spuds didn't end up a red card and with Modric in goal or something.

And don't even get me started on the Skate Rocha fouling David James whilst he gaily punched the Spurs striker in the head and Crouch's equaliser being disallowed as a result, almost as bad as the pen we conceded at Tranmere.

Edited by The9

Uhm slight difference though... we did not go mad on players... we did not give an open cheque book to a manager with a reputation for maximising the number of expensive deals, in effect we did not put together a squad that we could not afford to either avoid relegation OR give us a chance of success - BIG difference which the ignorant **** at Leyton Orient could do well to remember... our problems were compounded by the stadium loan, but this infrastructure investment could hardly have been called a huge advantage, since we were relegated twice anyway without any points deductions effecting it... because we were not good enough because we had NOT bought players we could not really afford until it was too late anyway... (this makes me so angry) - I still believe its right that we were opunished, not because of cheating at football (as Pompey/Leeds did etc), but because by going into admin the debt is in effect paid off for (in our case) about 40-50p in the pound, and I still think this is wrong.

Redflapps makes me laugh... still claiming he knew nothing about the finance.... does he really think we are that gullable, the man who transfereed some 100+ players whilst at West Ham in 4 years of which only 8 o so ever made a first team appearence? (nothing to see here...move along now) No he must have known what it would be doing to the club alright, its why he got out?

So pompey get to the cup final... so what... sure it would ahave been different had the CRouch's goal been rightly given, but what annoys me most is that sychophantic attitude of teh media, as 'poor old pompey' deserve our sympathy... sory they dont and the only fans that do are the few who were questioning the spending at the time and showed the type of precience that seemed to have alluded Storrie and Redknapp....

Seems a very biased post to me .

Both clubs tried to gain an unfair advantage by buying and paying players without the neccessary funds to meet the costs.

In both cases it was the overpaid executives who caused the problems leaving us fans to pick up the pieces and I am pleased that some Pompey fans I know had a good day yesterday as they have been telling me for some time that thier club was on the way to ruin.

****ing useless ****ing Spurs. The one thing I've ever ****ing asked of them, aside from asking them to leave our ****ing players alone, and they can't even ****ing do that right. Crouch, Bale, you are a disgrace to the SOuthampton name, you useless ****munches.

I am now the biggest Chelsea fan in the world on Cup Final Day, I may even go just to ****ing cause grief.

Dirty club, and now they want to break another rule by being accepted into Europe. I wouldn't be suprised if they accomplish it too. ****ing pikey bastards. I never used to mind Portsmouth, I've never been a Southampton resident so the rivallry has largely bypassed me, but they repeatedly wind me up. I bloody hope the FA realise a ****ty little club in the nPower Championship with brand new players (as I'd be suprised if they have any left by next season) shouldn't be playing in Europe over 7th spot in the Premiership.

...and breathe. I'm just not having a good day today...

****ing useless ****ing Spurs. The one thing I've ever ****ing asked of them, aside from asking them to leave our ****ing players alone, and they can't even ****ing do that right. Crouch, Bale, you are a disgrace to the SOuthampton name, you useless ****munches.

I am now the biggest Chelsea fan in the world on Cup Final Day, I may even go just to ****ing cause grief.

Dirty club, and now they want to break another rule by being accepted into Europe. I wouldn't be suprised if they accomplish it too. ****ing pikey bastards. I never used to mind Portsmouth, I've never been a Southampton resident so the rivallry has largely bypassed me, but they repeatedly wind me up. I bloody hope the FA realise a ****ty little club in the nPower Championship with brand new players (as I'd be suprised if they have any left by next season) shouldn't be playing in Europe over 7th spot in the Premiership.

Bale was Spurs best player by a mile, Crouch had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Give them a break at least ! They did nothing to warrant such criticism TBH

Here's an interesting thought -

Can O'Hara play in the final as, technically, it's after the end of the PL season and his loan expires at the end of the season?

Yes he will be playing in the final unless injured...

LOL !!

Well, what an absolutely fantastic day out!!! Voice only came back late on Tuesday. It was way, way better than winning the damn thing in 2008 because it was so unexpected. We had a 17 seater minibus and we all agreed beforehand that we'd take a 2-0 or 3-1 defeat. We just didn't want to bow out of our last Wembley appearance to a cricket score.

To actually win 2-0 was pure dreamland :D

Ok, we'll now be saying exactly the same v Chelsea, but f*** it- we're in the final again! Woo hoo!!!!!!

Oh sorry, nearly forgot: CHEATS! :rolleyes: