1 female Leopard Bengal Kitten

Jillyanne

Ready to go now, fully litter trained and eating normal cat food. I did have 6 but have sold 5 already. £300. DSM has bought 2 so he can vouch for how lovely they are!

Edit - now have 2 males also as a sale has fallen through. £300 each or 2 for £500.

Edited by Jillyanne

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I may be interested. But I need to know, what is the Leopard Bengal's temperament like? Would a female kitten be ok to blend in with two Adult female moggies?

Well my two have blended in with two female adult labradors.

They have very friendly temperaments, which is why we chose them as we have an 18 month old living with us. We have the one at the back and the one laying down in the middle. The one at the front is the one Jill still has (I think)

cattens.jpg

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Is that a very long cat with two heads?

Yes, yes it is. It has the downside that it bites you twice as much as a normal cat, and eats twice as much food; however you don't need a litter tray.

Jill do you have a vacuum cleaner, if so get off your fat arse and clean your rug, it's minging. I was going to pop around later tonite a grab the furry one, but I have been totally put off by your dirty carpet.

Dog, it's not a rug, it is a mat inside the cat 'cage'. Quite hard to keep immaculate as the little sods kick litter out of the tray!

Kip - we didn't put the laminate flooring down, was here when we moved in - HTH.

DSM - those 3 are actually the ones left after you took yours! I have 2 left now, 1 male and 1 female.

Sorry Jill. After consulting a 'higher power' we just can't justify 300 pounds for a Kitten. Particularly when (as pointed out to me) that there are many homeless moggies that need shelter etc.

They are utterly stunning little Cats though. If only money was no object.

• 2 weeks later...
Particularly when (as pointed out to me) that there are many homeless moggies that need shelter etc.

We thought long and hard about a couple of Maine Coons a year ago but decided to skip on the thoroughbred kitties in favour of a couple of rescued moggies instead. They grew up into pretty damn fine animals, not mongs like a lot of basic cats can turn into.

I know someone with Bengals and they are ****ing clever cats. Problem is, they have to keep them inside, so they're probably bored ****less not being able to do the things they should be doing outside.

We thought long and hard about a couple of Maine Coons a year ago but decided to skip on the thoroughbred kitties in favour of a couple of rescued moggies instead. They grew up into pretty damn fine animals, not mongs like a lot of basic cats can turn into.

I know someone with Bengals and they are ****ing clever cats. Problem is, they have to keep them inside, so they're probably bored ****less not being able to do the things they should be doing outside.

Why ?

I had 2 Maine Coons, they are awesome animals, so loving and almost dog-like. Had a ginger and white female and an all white male, who was absolutely massive - dwarfed every other cat I've ever seen!!

Love Bengals, but they are probably a bit TOO mad for me (also my Maine Coon breeder does them as well)!

Fear of theft I would guess. A breeding Maine Coon or Bengal can cost an utter packet.

Yes, but the general public buying such an animal from a reputable breeder would be buying one that has had their bits done (male and female). Only the very very best examples are kept for breeding from to keep the pedigree line as perfect as possible.

Breeders selling them unspayed etc. aren't very good and they aren't therefore proper pedigree.

Of course you get the occasional cats that are kept for breeding but can't. My female Maine Coon was infertile (so I bought her from the breeder) and the male Maine Coon wasn't interested in breeding (!?).

Most people keep them indoors as a) they don't want them to get runover (cost) and b) they aren't actually as hardy as moggies and are more liable to pick up illnesses etc.

It is however recommended to have a massive outdoor pen/cage/closed in area to let them out in when you're there - which is what I did.

Yes, but the general public buying such an animal from a reputable breeder would be buying one that has had their bits done (male and female). Only the very very best examples are kept for breeding from to keep the pedigree line as perfect as possible.

Breeders selling them unspayed etc. aren't very good and they aren't therefore proper pedigree.

Of course you get the occasional cats that are kept for breeding but can't. My female Maine Coon was infertile (so I bought her from the breeder) and the male Maine Coon wasn't interested in breeding (!?).

Most people keep them indoors as a) they don't want them to get runover (cost) and b) they aren't actually as hardy as moggies and are more liable to pick up illnesses etc.

It is however recommended to have a massive outdoor pen/cage/closed in area to let them out in when you're there - which is what I did.

Most breeders sell them unspayed and ask the buyer to sign a contract confirming they will spay the females within a certain amount of time.

I have now had Jazz spayed as she has had 3 litters and thats enough. We paid £500 for our blue eyes snow bengal (sadly now dead) and the breeder wanted a further £500 to supply the papers. She has now been banned from breeding due to the tiny cages and conditions the adult cats were being kept in.

I had 2 Maine Coons, they are awesome animals, so loving and almost dog-like. Had a ginger and white female and an all white male, who was absolutely massive - dwarfed every other cat I've ever seen!!

Love Bengals, but they are probably a bit TOO mad for me (also my Maine Coon breeder does them as well)!

Yes, they are gorgeous. The breeder here in Las Vegas also owns (they say) the biggest cat in the world!

Woof!

• 1 month later...