Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 3368

Thread: The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alanh View Post
    You are right about us needing pace in the squad and I am convinced that AP knows this and is going to address it. He did last year with the acquisitions of both papa and Antonio, neither of whom had any profile before they arrived. Your argument about the team falls down as neither Papa nor Antonio were regular starters. Our starting 11 on the 7th August should be stronger (injuries permitting) than the starting 11 on the last day of last season.

With regard to playing hardball over transfers. I would rather we played as hard as possible.if this ride is going to take us to the Prem we are going to have to buy in loads more players of increasing quality and value. If we get a reputation as push overs we will get taken for a ride by agents and selling clubs time and again. I'd rather NC become a negotiator to be feared.
    Papa had no profile? You're kidding right? Just because he wasn't famous over here doesn't mean he wasn't known in Italy. Plus he was Cortese's signing, not Pardews.

Quote Originally Posted by SFKA South Woodford View Post
    We are weaker this season, because we are back to having the same type of paceless team that put in such a great showing at Swindon last season. Basically we have one player with pace in Dickson who is our left back. We still need pace in midfield and attack which were both provided for by Papa and Antonio last season, so until they are replaced we are a weaker team than last season. The way I see us being stronger is to add to that the urgently needed midfield general and some creative backup for Morgan, and i'd still like us to sign Lisbie from Ipswich as in my opinion he can play the target role instead of Lambert when needed, and also compliment Lambert with his pace.

Anyone else watch the match last night and think that Seedorf would do the midfield general job for us nicely, pie in the sky I know, but he's just what we need.

With the squad now away for ten days and unlikely to have any additions made to it during this time, Pardew is not leaving himself much time to work with any further additions before the kick off in less than four weeks.

What would people prefer, playing a little less financial hard ball and getting our transfer targets now and possibly recouping that extra outlay through better preparation leading to promotion, or sticking to our guns and not paying a penny more than Pardew and Corteses valuation of the player, leaving less preparation time for what for us fans and particularly for Pardew is a crucial season?
    i am assuming the pace you refer to is via Antonio? How many games did he start in? How many games did he go missing in? Weaker now than v Swindon last season? No way!

Team v Swindon away 09/10:

Davis, James, Thomas, Lancashire, Harding, Schneiderlin, Wotton , Mellis, Lallana, Paterson , Lambert

First Team now:

Davis , Richardson, Fonte, Jaidi, Harding , Schneiderlin, Hammond, Puncheon, Lallana, Barnard, Lambert

So...3 of the back 4 are better
    ....2 new and better midfielders
    ....Another striker who can get over 20 goals in L1.

Your'e nuts if you say that a team with James, Wotton and Paterson (very slow players) is better and has more pace than one with Richardson , Puncheon and Barnard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dibden Purlieu Saint View Post
    Papa had no profile? You're kidding right? Just because he wasn't famous over here doesn't mean he wasn't known in Italy. Plus he was Cortese's signing, not Pardews.
    Of course I meant he had no profile over here. Had the average Saints fan, or football fan even, heard of him before he signed for us last year. Sure there will be football obsessives and FM fans who will have picked up on him but i believe that 99% of saints fans had never heard of him before he signed. Cortese's or Pardews signing - can't be proven one way or the other and not overly relevant IMO.

Sorry Mike, we all know the current strongest eleven is strong, but it is severely lacking in pace.
    I wouls argue that our team is weaker, as we have only got a modest upgrade at both left and right back and that is not guaranteed anyway. We also don't have any game changers from the bench.

It is all well and good harping on about the first eleven but it is a team game and subs change games. Right now, we have lost Antonio who on current form would be a starter and Papa who is a high impact player from the bench.

Connolly is too similar to Barnard and the current squad has no one to get in behind the defence. We all knew that was missing last year. We need a speedster up front and at least one on the wing.

We are also powder puff light in centre mid, i watched us get bullied by Millwall at the Den. We need a strong holding player to break up play. Wotton clearly isn't good enough.

Overall we have a good squad but teams will spot the lack of pace in the team and exploit it. It needs to be sorted out and fast

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MerceSaint28 View Post
    Sorry Mike, we all know the current strongest eleven is strong, but it is severely lacking in pace.
    I wouls argue that our team is weaker, as we have only got a modest upgrade at both left and right back and that is not guaranteed anyway. We also don't have any game changers from the bench. Richardson was in the team of the year, that suggests he is a vast improvement on what we had at RB last season. As for Left back, I think Harding will still be there.

It is all well and good harping on about the first eleven but it is a team game and subs change games. Right now, we have lost Antonio who on current form would be a starter and Papa who is a high impact player from the bench.
    I agree with you about Antonio, but I still have a feeling we will sign him. The Reading friendly just seems to random.

Connolly is too similar to Barnard and the current squad has no one to get in behind the defence. We all knew that was missing last year. We need a speedster up front and at least one on the wing.
    Connolly similar to Barnard? Completely disagree.

We are also powder puff light in centre mid, i watched us get bullied by Millwall at the Den. We need a strong holding player to break up play. Wotton clearly isn't good enough.

Overall we have a good squad but teams will spot the lack of pace in the team and exploit it. It needs to be sorted out and fast
    Overall I think with Harding, Dickson, Richardson, Lallana and Puncheon we have enough pace in the match day squad right now. Connolly and Barnard aren't as slow as people make out either.

I am sorry if this has already been posted but there has been talk of Rooney joining us from Maccessfield

He is currently training with a League 1 side

Could it be us?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...wn/8802154.stm

8. Default

Charlton have just signed Johnnie Jackson from Notts County

Blog Entries

Rooney to play as a trialist?

Dark Sotonic Mills Guest

Quote Originally Posted by saint_stevo View Post
    Rooney to play as a trialist?
    Would you sign him without a trial after the way he performed in SA?

(Yes I know they mean John Rooney...)

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I am sorry if this has already been posted but there has been talk of Rooney joining us from Maccessfield

Could it be us?

Sounded positive, until I got to this bit....."Striker Rooney, 19, has failed to cement a regular starting place, scoring just four goals in two seasons. "

Quote Originally Posted by Puddings and Monkeys View Post
    Sounded positive, until I got to this bit....."Striker Rooney, 19, has failed to cement a regular starting place, scoring just four goals in two seasons. "
    Yeah - think you got that right. Don't want some trumpted up Billy big shoes here thinking they're great because their name happens to be Rooney FFS....

...and Johnny can go take a hike too!!!

Seriously though, if he is anything like his big brother - no thanks.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post

Could it be us?

I also saw that article.

So stolen hub cap alert in Southampton, and possibly Switzerland at the moment.

On the mighty 606 this rumour is going around... http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A71365719

Quote Originally Posted by St.Patrik View Post
    On the mighty 606 this rumour is going around... http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A71365719
    We've been after him for a while, heard a rumour we tried to get him in January.

...so this wouldn't surprise me, and would be bloody excellent - it would solve the lack of pace straight away.

Tyson played 40 times for Forest last season. Even if Forest fancied a change I'd of thought Tyson himself would think he was god enough for the Championship.

17. Default

Tyson has pace to burn AND is 6ft. Maybe he's the quick striker we need & cover for Lambo all in one.

Simon Francis has been released from his contract with Southend as wants to play higher level and club keen to trim wage bill.
    Would be good back up to Richardson.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...252024,00.html

Default Simon Francis

We should definitely look at Simon Francis to provide competition for Frazer Richardson.

On a free transfer, he'd be an absolute bargain too.

Francis would be quality on a free, quite versatile as well I hear, he can play across the back 4 and in midfield. Think I also mentioned Nathan Tyson a few pages back (although tbf, i'm not sure there's a player I haven't mentioned!), he would be absolutely quality at this level. Pace to burn and quite a big lad too, good in the air as well. Would be ecstatic if that particular transfer was pulled off, a front-line of Lambert/Barnard/Connolly/Tyson is definitely above this level and they could score bucketloads between them.

21. Default

Did I miss this elsewhere?

Bart failed a medical at Braga??

http://www.polishsoca.com/newswire/p...a-medical-test

Sorry Clarky, you have a right to your own opinion but to say Harding is quick?? get off the pipe buddy, Lallana and Puncheon aren't exactly sprinters either.
    I think the general consensus amongst fans is we need more pace, it is a vital ingredient in modern day football.
    Right now as far as options go, we don't have much pace down the flanks, we have no direct replacement for Lambo if he gets injured and we don't have a quick striker to play alongside Lambo who can stretch defenders as another option.

Also the position of massive need is still centre mid. Morgan played well last season, however we need a holding player particularly if we want to play 4-5-1 and we have no quality beyond Morgan and Hammond as Wotton really should be transfer listed.

BTW - Please tell me we didnt waste 200 on a ticket to Switzerland for Pulis??

10.02 Skysports.com understands Leeds are poised to sign Charlton winger Lloyd Sam on a free transfer.

Looks like we might miss out on him (although i know there was nothing concrete saying that we wanted him!)

24. Default

10.13 Crystal Palace have parted ways with veteran striker Stern John and are hoping to sign a new forward.

Don't think Pards would welcome him back, but......

Southampton to sign 750k striker Simeon Jackson on betfair website

Quote Originally Posted by diggs View Post
    Southampton to sign 750k striker Simeon Jackson on betfair website
    You can buy players on betfair now?

Or have we put 750k on us signing jackson?

As already stated = http://www.betfairfootball.com/world...750k-striker/?

Would be a fantastic signing IMO

Quote Originally Posted by itchen_dan View Post

Please please please! He is exactly what we need

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    10.13 Crystal Palace have parted ways with veteran striker Stern John and are hoping to sign a new forward.

depending on how old......could be good though

Jackson would be an excellent signing

John and Barnard could be decent together but I dont think we should be signing him unless as an absolute last resort

Quote Originally Posted by saint_stevo View Post
    depending on how old......could be good though
    I think it has more to do with the way he left us to be honest - went back on his word by all accounts!

good riddance in my opinion - the words slow, lumbering and the phrase turning circle of a tanker all spring to mind!

Tyson and/or Simeon Jackson are the type of striker we need up front to play off Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Durman View Post
    Has anybody forgotten about Gobern. I have a feeling that he will be like a new transfer this season.
    I'd have thought the same about Kayne McLaggon before he was released. Shame about the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post

Awwwwww, hell no. (In the words of Will Smith)

Quote Originally Posted by itchen_dan View Post

I see lower down in the same article...

Watford are considering offering a two-year deal to John Rooney - 19-year-old brother of Wayne - whose contract at Macclesfield ran out at the end of the season.

Would rather have Jackson than Rooney!

I'd echo those who are advocating Simon Francis - he is ideal as can cover Frazer R but also provide the extra CB cover that we lack after Perry's retirement (I know Martin is promising but let's not rush him). Tyson would be a brilliant signing but if he's played 40 games for a NPC club that finished in the play offs would he really drop a level? The only reason I can see is if he has a girlfriend/wife or family connections in the South East and needs to leave Nottingham. Even so, Reading would clear favourites if they were keen. Mind you, it might free up Antonio coming to us!

36. Default

I know 100% that the Tyson rumour on 606 is completely made up.

So then my question is - why did you start that rumour in the first place ; )

38. Default

Quote Originally Posted by St.Patrik View Post
    So then my question is - why did you start that rumour in the first place ; )
    Ha wasn't me, but I found out that it was someone I vaguely know, asked them on facebook what they know and they said 'nothing, I was bored so made it up.'

Frank/Bruno Zuculini

Either him or Mike Tyson will do up front.

Kris Commons linked. - Well it wouldn't be a HCDAJFU summer thread without him linked!

Well it seems as if players are trying to take advantage of the fact we're minted...

More news from the ITK player:

Aliadiare wants 22k a week!

Jackson IS in talks after a fee was agreed with Gillingham.

----

Not much else to report unfortunately , all a bit quiet really

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_lambden View Post
    Well it seems as if players are trying to take advantage of the fact we're minted...

----

No way is Aliadiare worth that amount. Thanks for the update St L.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_lambden View Post

----

Just shows what a joke football and many footballers have become!

I have confidence that Cortese and Pardew will spot the mercenaries and keep them away from our squad, our players need to have the right attitude to bring us success and being money focused in League 1 is crazy. It may though mean that we will have to shop mainly in the lower leagues and abroad until we are getting close to the premier league.

We can treble players like Jacksons wages without breaking our wage structure - or would that make him a mercenary.....?

Would like to think Cortese is offering all these players a high-ish League One wage with a massive bonus/rise with promotion.

22k for Aliadiere is about 20k too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Porter View Post
    Would like to think Cortese is offering all these players a high-ish League One wage with a massive bonus/rise with promotion.

22k for Aliadiere is about 20k too much.
    totally agree, what's he ever achieved to even earn half that amount? No one will touch him with demands like that

Simeon jackson is a much more realsitic option in terms of wage demands, wouldn't be surprised to see him sign. We're just building a team of L1 all-stars.

Just found out John Rooney was playing for Husderfield in their friendly tonight.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but it looks as though Chris Lines is staying with Brizzle:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/8806488.stm

Not overly bothered tbh, he would be a decent signing but i still think we can attract better

Quote Originally Posted by silversaint View Post
    Just found out John Rooney was playing for Husderfield in their friendly tonight.
    good as he is ****e

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    totally agree, what's he ever achieved to even earn half that amount? No one will touch him with demands like that

Simeon jackson is a much more realsitic option in terms of wage demands, wouldn't be surprised to see him sign. We're just building a team of L1 all-stars.
    Simeon Jackson is hardly a league 1 all-star is he ??? lol