Jasper Carrot 1976 Cup Final Track

spyinthesky

Looked it up. It's on a LIVE album called Carrott in Notts.

I've got that record on vinyl (DJF 20482) and the far better "In the Club" on tape from his Folk Club days.

Unfortunately I have no method for transferring them onto digital.

I don't think he wrote the song, it was written by a friend from the Folk Club circuit who came from Southampton but who's name escapes me.

I've got that record on vinyl (DJF 20482) and the far better "In the Club" on tape from his Folk Club days.

Unfortunately I have no method for transferring them onto digital.

I don't think he wrote the song, it was written by a friend from the Folk Club circuit who came from Southampton but who's name escapes me.

If you're able to get the vinyl record to me, SJ, I can transfer that record to MP3 for you. If you know anyone on here who can PM me, pop your details along and I'll respond.

If you're able to get the vinyl record to me, SJ, I can transfer that record to MP3 for you. If you know anyone on here who can PM me, pop your details along and I'll respond.

My nephew sent you a PM at lunchtime with my email address did you get it ?

Anyhow, I remembered my Camera could take movies so I had a go with min pixels to keep the size down.

http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/Saint_John_Photos/Football/Cup_Final_76/?action=view&current=Jasper_Cup_Final_76.flv

Fan BLOODY tastic

Mr.Jasper Carrot had a great act, long before he started on the box. Our family would buy his recordings on cassette tapes and listen to them on the journeys down to Cornwall for our sommer hols.

I also remember his account of Birmingham away at Man U during the fighting on the terraces days. Bovril!

Great memories.

I think it starts with.....

Twas on the very first of May, to Wembley I did roam,

I did not have a ticket so I watched the match at home,

I loaded up with tv snacks and several crates of beer,

I slung a toilet roll at next door's cat for atmosphere...

nnnnaahhhhh

silly sod

• 2 years later...

As things are quiet at the moment I taken some time to copy my Vinyl LP of "Jasper Carrott's FA Cup 76" into a video.

I've added some pictures and videos close to the words with the exception of the line about the "TV on the blink", which because we were outnumbered 3 to 1 on the day and were told that we would not be heard on TV, I have shown Saints fans in full voice here to illustrate that we were loud on the day and could be heard on TV.

There are a couple of sections cut out of order e.g. the 2nd offside is actually in the last min after we were 1-0 up. I have also borrowed a picture that somebody on here did for another line.

I have the track somewhere on a dusty cassette

Always seemed strange to me that he recorded it as a lifelong Birmingham fan

Anyone heard his story about going to Hampden for a Scotland v England game?

The Brum visit to Old Trafford and the 'Cowin Bovril' pieces were good too!!

As things are quiet at the moment I taken some time to copy my Vinyl LP of "Jasper Carrott's FA Cup 76" into a video.

I've added some pictures and videos close to the words with the exception of the line about the "TV on the blink", which because we were outnumbered 3 to 1 on the day and were told that we would not be heard on TV, I have shown Saints fans in full voice here to illustrate that we were loud on the day and could be heard on TV.

There are a couple of sections cut out of order e.g. the 2nd offside is actually in the last min after we were 1-0 up. I have also borrowed a picture that somebody on here did for another line.

Sufeckingperb job fella!

good work mate

Fair play - that is a great video you put together to go with the song. Virtual beers winging their way towards you right now... Cheers.