England v Germany

Um Bongo

Have to say well played Germany, head, shoulders and chest above our shower of sh*te. Will deffo be supporting the Germans for the rest of the tournament, regardless of how bad England were, the Germans were superb, they had good passing, movement and clinical finishing, so fair play to them. Glad I have five of them in my Metro fanatasy team.

As for England, total clear out is needed, Capello for thinking that the answer to their troubles was Heskey and for sticking with Lampard which made our midfield weak. And for now talking absolute b*llocks in his interview.

Of that team, I would only give a place to a fully fit Rooney and give Defoe more of a chance with someone alongside him who he can feed off of. The rest of them can F*ck off.

Now bagpuss is talking his usual c*ap, how the f*ck can he say our players gave it their all, surely if that's the case then none of them will be playing for the biggest clubs in the world next season!

Finally why did anyone think we had a realistic chance of winning against Germany, we as a nation seem to lack that bit of self belief when it comes to the big occassion, all english sportsmen bar one seem to bottle it.

You lot should be pleased, you'll have something legitimate to moan about (Lampard's "goal") for years to come...

His goal wouldn't have changed a thing. We were utter garbage, the whole team should hang their heads in shame. A total bunch of 'Giveinskis'. No guts, no pride, no passion - no idea! Get rid of the Wop and bring an Englishman into the Manager's position.

His goal wouldn't have changed a thing. We were utter garbage, the whole team should hang their heads in shame. A total bunch of 'Giveinskis'. No guts, no pride, no passion - no idea! Get rid of the Wop and bring an Englishman into the Manager's position.

Get Roy Hodgson before liverpool get him.

Or failing that, Gus Hiddink. A manager proven at the top level.

3 goals in 4 games. Only 1 goal from a striker = DeFoe.

Rooney was out of form and should have been dropped after the 2nd game.

We should have had Crouch + Defoe.

Barry was coming back from injury and was out of form. Capello should have taken Scott Parker as his holding player.

We need a new Leader in Centre midfield. Let us hope either Owen Hargreaves or Michael Carrick get back to their former best.

My money is on Redknapp for the next England manager. The country (less Saints fans) will be determined to get a respected English manager in for the Euro qualifiers. Arry is there in South Africa, and there for a reason. He's no fool.

Watch Arry take the England managers slot.

We need a new Leader in Centre midfield. Let us hope either Owen Hargreaves or Michael Carrick get back to their former best.

Even at their best they're still pretty average players, nothing special - not when compared to the likes of Mascherano, Schweinsteiger, Silva, Alonso etc...

we really don't have many good players. All of our CM's are too slow and pedestrian.

THe cull needs to be deeper than just the manager & players.

This has to be the time for the 'old fart' FA executives to be put out the graze, get people in who care about the game & know what they are doing - and I'm not talking about Trevor Brooking. They need to grab the game by its balls - stop pandering to the PL and get control of the game for the good of the game. Whoever made the decision to re-write Capello's contract should be shot quite frankly!

Then forget about the 2018 bid and concentrate on sorting the game in this country. How can footballers who pull on an England shirt not be able to pass a football. It's a disgrace. We need to build for the future, get the under 21 squad & promote the lot of them.

Capello made mistakes in his team selection but the players in the pitch played like park players. Why is it when a player pulls on an England shirt his ability seems to diminish?

Cole and Johnsin can't defend. Upson should not have been in the sqaud. Terry doesn't have the brain to defend on the right side. Why bring Heskey on when you need a goal? Why persist with Rooney whebn his head or fitness is not right? Truly rubbish from top to bottom.

You lot should be pleased, you'll have something legitimate to moan about (Lampard's "goal") for years to come...

if anyone uses that as an excuse they are a moron. England didn't lose because of that, they lost because they were **** in 3 games, average in one, defended like 5 year old, cluesless going forward and a team full of arrogant, overrated players. How can a professional footballer at any level not be able to pass 15 yards when unchallenged?

This has to be the time for the 'old fart' FA executives to be put out the graze, get people in who care about the game & know what they are doing - and I'm not talking about Trevor Brooking. They need to grab the game by its balls - stop pandering to the PL and get control of the game for the good of the game. Whoever made the decision to re-write Capello's contract should be shot quite frankly!

Then forget about the 2018 bid and concentrate on sorting the game in this country. How can footballers who pull on an England shirt not be able to pass a football. It's a disgrace. We need to build for the future, get the under 21 squad & promote the lot of them.

spot on.

We blame Taylor,Hoddle,Keegan,Sven,Maclearn and now Capello. Let's put the blame where it needs to be placed, the players.

I agree, the players need to be held accountable. This lot looked like park players. All too often managers get slagged when the players don't do what they are supposed to.

Capello made mistakes in his team selection but the players in the pitch played like park players. Why is it when a player pulls on an England shirt his ability seems to diminish?

Cole and Johnsin can't defend. Upson should not have been in the sqaud. Terry doesn't have the brain to defend on the right side. Why bring Heskey on when you need a goal? Why persist with Rooney whebn his head or fitness is not right? Truly rubbish from top to bottom.

because they are surrounded by good foreigners when playing for their clubs

My money is on Redknapp for the next England manager. The country (less Saints fans) will be determined to get a respected English manager in for the Euro qualifiers. Arry is there in South Africa, and there for a reason. He's no fool.

Wont happen, the FA are foolish, but they're not that stupid, not whilst legal proceedings are going on. The police raids have cost him the job.

Roy Hodgsons the man.

This is what i was saying today.Rednapp seems to be setting himself up for the job.Why is he even in South Africa?

Bet your last pound hes putting himself about ready for the England job.Thing is if he gets it,watch those dodgy tax charges against him disappear.

Even at their best they're still pretty average players, nothing special - not when compared to the likes of Mascherano, Schweinsteiger, Silva, Alonso etc...

we really don't have many good players. All of our CM's are too slow and pedestrian.

Gerrard is WorldClass if you use him properly, but that is it. Rooney might have ability but he does not have a brain. We have plenty of players who are good enough to perform week in week out on the Prem stage but all too few how can step up to the higher level. I have heard people say that Ashley Cole is a World Class defender. No he is not. Johnson is okay but not at this level. Our defence is poor. The keeper poor. The midfield lack what it takes. No real goal threat up front.

We flattered to device in a weak qualifying group.

4 games. Adequate in one and very poor in the other three.

But this has happened for years, even before the influx of the foreign stars.

now i know you are old enough to remember 66 and 70 where we were in the top 2 in the world, only Brazil in 70 being better,even in 90 we had a good side playing good football under bobby robson.

both under seven and capello we cannot work out how to play

England might not have the best squad of players in the world cup, I'll bet they are comfortably the highest payed.

Its probably true, but dont forget Messi is on a reputed 400k a week.

Ronaldo 200k

I know thats just 1 indivual but that is a hell of alot

now i know you are old enough to remember 66 and 70 where we were in the top 2 in the world, only Brazil in 70 being better,even in 90 we had a good side playing good football under bobby robson.

And Mclaren. 3 managers not work= players not good enough imo

Couldn't agree more. To use that hackneyed phrase, we need a root and branch reform. We need to develop our home grown players within the PL and FL. We need to stop paying stupid money to players who patently don't deserve it.

What an utterly shameful, gutless and pitiful display. It just goes to prove what a bunch of overpaid, moaning, pampered ******s they are. There was a time when representing your country was seen as the greatest honour – now it appears to be an inconvenience to the glitz and glamour these ****s would rather immerse themselves in. I am embarrassed to be an Englishman right now – they are utter ******s the lot of them. Here are my ratings:

James 4 Our best player

Cole 0 Exposed, time and time again

Terry 0 Utterly useless, where was the passion ‘big man’? Stop stropping about losing the captaincy you ****

Upson 0 As above, Up**** creek more like you ****!!

Johnson 0 Where was the pace and crossing ability you think you have?

Gerrard 1 You ****ing girl

Lampard 1 You really are **** – go back to ****ing that awful Irish bint you *****.

Milner 2 You look like a mong, and you played like one

Barry 1 Words fail me – you’re the holding midfielder you ****-end, so why the **** are you losing it in their box?

Rooney 0 You have been utterly useless all WC. I’m sure Sir Red face will be pleased though, as you will now be fit for the mank – you ****

Defoe 1 ****ing ****e

Heskey 0 Oh just **** off – you couldn’t score in a brothel

Wright-Philips 0 As above

J Cole 1 everybody clambered for you to play, why????

They may be well paid, but they are not the brightest/strongest mentally, where it counts at this level. Kevin Keegan was not the most gifted player but he used is brain and made the step up - something Roonet is incapable of doing it seems. We have players who can perfom week in week out in the Prem no problem. but take them out of their comfort zone and they are lost. The only player we have who could perform to the same level abroad is Gerrard.

We were, you are right. We actually got better after 1966 but never won anything again. Ramsey was a quaility manager at International level and so was Bobby Robson. Sadly we have not found anyone of their quality since.

What planet are these blokes on?

John Terry's just given a interview saying the score line did not reflect the game, they just scored on breakaways.

What a joker, had the scoreline reflected the game it would have been 6-2.

Its always the sae old lines quoted.

Why dont they just do a Keegan. Say look, im not quite good enough.

Tossers

[quote=John Terry's just given a interview saying the score line did not reflect the game, they just scored on breakaways.

Terry's affair with an England team mate's partner does seem to have coincided with the drop in form by England. Did Terry kill off the team spirit and left in its place a group of individuals?

Terry's affair with an England team mate's partner does seem to have coincided with the drop in form by England. Did Terry kill off the team spirit and left in its place a group of individuals?

I bet Wayne Bridge is glad he's not associated with that load of underperforming monkeys!

I wonder if Terry has upset the team cohesion out of spite? He did seem to be sh*t stirring the other day.

Apart from a couple of short sections of the game the Germans were vastly superior to us. Unfortunately for us, football is not just about ability, it is about the thought process too. Most of our players probably have trouble tying their own bootlaces. When your World Cup hopes hang on a player whose emotional menatl age is 14 then you are in trouble. Roonet has failed on the World stage because he is still a boy. Wach the likes of Pele and Maradona and Cruyff. True greats because they were grown ups. Rooney had two chances to play other people in against Algeria but on both occasions elected to try a shot. Exactly what you would expect on the school playing field. Contrast that with how the Germans set up their goals for each other. We have the ability but we don't have the mental maturity at this level.

What the fook are SSN talking about?

The goal that never was will be the talking point?

No it wont?!?!

If we had lost 1-2 it would have been. As it was we were comfortably beaten and the talking point should be why have we been so rubbish this World Cup???

We were, you are right. We actually got better after 1966 but never won anything again. Ramsey was a quaility manager at International level and so was Bobby Robson. Sadly we have not found anyone of their quality since.

Bobby Robson's record is over hyped.

1984 Euro's-Failed to qualify

1986, poor poor performances against Portugal and Morrocco before beating Poland and Paraguay and then out (earlier poor performances were forgotten about because of the Hand of God)

1988 Euros- Lost every game.

1990, beat Egypt,Belgium and Cameroon, again earlier poor performances over looked because we lost on Pens.

If he wasn't such a nice man, that would be considered a pretty poor effort. We didn't beat one of the major nations in a tournement under Robson, under Sven we beat The Argies and Germany. Sven also took us to 3 Quarter finals. Robson to one and a semi final, in his other 2 tournements he failed to qualify and then lost every game.

Well that was f*cking aweful, f*cking f*cking aweful.

The Germans just looked so so much better than us, and in all honesty it was pace that you saw, something that the England team seriously lacked.

This is just a few of the things i saw today, Upson was never at the races, Klose made him look average at best, and this is a man that had a decent season at West Ham.

Terry was caught out of position time and time again, laughable at times, if that was the lads on a Sunday i would have been screaming at them.

I couldn't understand if Barry was man marking Oezil or not, at times i thought he was and at times he seemed to forget, problem was that when you man mark someone you give the chance for that player to drag the team around and open spaces, this it what happened and Germany played it well, as if they knew it would happen.

Rooney, well, we all know he has not performed.

Capello - What the f*ck are you doing man, you want to win a game, and not even getting into the Heskey situation, cos we ALL know, WHY TAKE A STRIKER OFF ?? We needed a goal, we needed 3 goals, and then to put J.Cole on when we were screaming for pace and commitment, J.Cole is a man that likes to slow play etc, not what we needed.

And another thing, Lampards free kicks, useless, they have been all tournament so why keep banging your head against a brick wall ?? If you know he was shooting why commit your best defenders up there ?? Why ??

It was bad, it was very bad and it was the worst overall performance from England i have ever seen.

They may be well paid, but they are not the brightest/strongest mentally, where it counts at this level. Kevin Keegan was not the most gifted player but he used is brain and made the step up - something Roonet is incapable of doing it seems. We have players who can perfom week in week out in the Prem no problem. but take them out of their comfort zone and they are lost. The only player we have who could perform to the same level abroad is Gerrard.

Why is it that so few of our PL players are tempted abroad? Money is obviously important, but almost no foreign clubs ever seem to want our "best" players.

Lack of technique, and an inability to adapt both on the pitch and socially are the main reasons IMO. shows at the top international level IMO.

Terry, Lampard, Rooney, Heskey were all rubbish. The rest of the team were poor except James and Defoe who were pretty average. No fight, no team-spirit, no viable game-plan (Heskey on to score goals?!?!?!?), no plan B (no Crouch, no Carrick and dare I say it no Walcott). And that's not just for this game, it's been the same for the entire competition. We got to the last 16 with a huge slice of luck and it was inevitable that we would go out unless the players ALL lifted their games. They couldn't because Capello is not good enough - he doesn't know how to pick the best team from the players available and plays too many players out of position.

As someone said above, the English FA need to look at the game root and branch because the only reason I can see for any of those players playing in the team is because they play for teams where the performances look good because there's a predominance of foreign players around them.

IMO it is VITAL that the next England manager is ENGLISH! Bring on Harry Redknapp - I don't give a toss about his Pimpley connections or that he happened to be with Saints when Lowe was intent on sinking us. He is the best person to sort out the England team and put Shearer and Beckham in as his understudies ready to take over in the future. We need a Manager that understands how English players tick - the strikers like crosses into the box from the wing for example, but how many times did that happen this tournement? Too few times and when it did happen we scored two of the three goals we scored in all games!

Oh well, let's look forward now to some good summer signings and an exciting Saints season with auto-promotion at the end of it.

Since the day Sir Alf subsituted Bobby Charlton whne 2-0 up, we have been hopeless, contrast our record with Germany's from that day.

Dario Gradi tells a story that if you give 10 English players a ball and a pitch, they will all smash the ball into the back of the net as hard as they can.If you give foregin players a ball each, they'll do keep ups and work on their skills. He said, until we change that mindset, we'll never compete at international level.

For me its fairly obvious ......

The level of expectation, the pressure on the team to perform + the microscopic analysis by the media + the premier leagues obsession with money and foreeign players = **** poor performance. Clearly individually the players have the talent but thier seems to be a a mentality where the fear of making a mistakee and being fillified by the press and the public overides the desire to player to the level that they are capable.

look back at previous world cups and look at the way beckham was treated after being sent off and the look at the way the penalty takers were slaughtered after they missed thier kicks. If the pressure was relieved and scum in the press withdrew thier need to critisise every mistake then maybe our talented players would perform at the level they do week to week.

All of this talk of the world cup bewing the highest level of footy is shyte. league foot is higher because it tis the best players from throughout the world playing in the same leagues. our players consistently player at a higer level and play better football. The is not the same level of expwctation and pressure.

Until that is removed we will remain on the same cycle.

I always considered it a mistake to not drop Terry altogether. A team of lesser players can win a tournament a squad with superstars can't.