England starting XI for Euro 2012 qualifiers

Joe Hart and Dawson without a doubt. Not Johnson for me. Our midfield is already quality.

I'd go -

Hart

Johnson Dawson Terry Cole

Milner Barry Lampard Gerrard

Defoe Rooney

Rooney needs a bloody great kick up the arse though, otherwise I'd drop him for Crouch.

I'd like to see what Bent has to offer too. Instead Capello chooses f*cking Heskey!

..................................... Hart ...........................................

?? ?? Dawson Cashley

Lenonn(Walcott) ?? Huddlestone J Cole

Gerrard

Rooney

BIN: Green/Terry/Upson/G Johnson (single most OVER RATED player in the whole side, terminally gash as an orthodox RB)/Lamps/Heskey/SWP(FFS!)/Carragher/King

KEEP IN SQUAD: Barry/Defoe/Crouch

ADD TO SQUAD: Scott Parker/Danny Murphy/Zamora/Rodwell/Jenas

Joe Hart and Dawson without a doubt. Not Johnson for me. Our midfield is already quality.

I'd go -

Hart

Defoe Rooney

Rooney needs a bloody great kick up the arse though, otherwise I'd drop him for Crouch.

I'd like to see what Bent has to offer too. Instead Capello chooses f*cking Heskey!

What 4 games have you just watched?

I'd go -

Hart

Defoe Rooney

Thats ONE outfield change from the gash that has just allegedly played for our nation yesterday!!! and you want us to play the same way??

Try:

-------------------Hart-----------------

Johnson--Jagielka--Ferdinand--A Cole

----------Rodwell---Wilshire-----------

--Walcott------Gerrard------ J Cole--

-----------------Rooney----------------

I put Rooney, Gerrard & Ashley Cole in on the basis they need a major kick up the arse - the full back positions are open - is there a better right back out there? There must be, but just can't think of him at the moment.

Ok, mine would be.

Hart

Richards - Dawson - Ferdinand - A.Cole

Milner - Rodwell - Gerrard - Johnson

Rooney - Defoe

Richards isn't a bad shout tbf. Although I again question his defending ability like Johnson - I don't see him as being any worst though.

I'd go -

Hart

Defoe Rooney

In other words you'd pick the same load of incompetent rubbish

As 'Sandwichsaint; says , 'What games have you been watching', FFS, ?. Have you no imagination

And of course that changed since the qualifiers, didnt it ?

When a team of quality players can play well in a team for their club under their manager, but cannot play amongst a quality bunch of players for their country under a different manager it is the manager who stands out as being the problem for as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who thinks Heskey is a good footballer is a f*cking muppet. If he makes decisions to bring him on at such crucial times, god knows what stupid decisions he makes on the training ground.

Rooney is the most over-rated international since..can't think of anyone as over-rated!

He is a poor international player and we should not build around him. Honestly think we would have done better with Crouch/Defoe for the tournament

He misplaced 54% of his passes - this is not about formation!

----------------Hart---------------

G.Johnson----Terry/King/Dawson----Richards----Cole/Gibbs----

---------------Rodwell----------------

A.Johnson----Wilshire----Milner----Moses

---------------Rooney--------------

Get the youth in there, get the team, bit of experience in the defence. Obviously this team is based on 'potential'. Gibbs might have abit more pace than Cole by this time. Terry, King and Dawson is all depending on who'd be playing well at the time. Have Gerrard, Lallana and Theo on the bench.

just said on sky sports that Rooney was caught in possession more times than any other player in the world cup!

4 shots on target over 4 games

He wasn't fit. Not just his ankle, but more so his mental fatigue.

I just don't see the same Rooney as the eruros in 2004 though, he was running at players, beating them and leaving them in his wake and scoring some cracking goals.

Is this another example of an english player that has peaked way too early?

just said on sky sports that Rooney was caught in possession more times than any other player in the world cup!

4 shots on target over 4 games

No player should be an automatic selection, that is where the trouble starts. Lampard, Gerrard, Terry and Rooney all thought they were automatic and did not need to play for their places. Barry also became an automatic selection and his performance slumped. Complacency breeds poor play.

----------------Hart---------------

G.Johnson----Terry/King/Dawson----Richards----Cole/Gibbs----

---------------Rodwell----------------

A.Johnson----Wilshire----Milner----Moses

---------------Rooney--------------

Get the youth in there, get the team, bit of experience in the defence. Obviously this team is based on 'potential'. Gibbs might have abit more pace than Cole by this time. Terry, King and Dawson is all depending on who'd be playing well at the time. Have Gerrard, Lallana and Theo on the bench.

Personally i'd put Richards at RB, Glen Johnson is not good enough for international football.

It's a scary sight though, where the hell is the quality coming through? gone are the days of the Scholes, Nevilles, Beckhams....and now we're having to rely on the likes of bloody Gareth Barry who is just average.

-------------------Hart-----------------

Johnson--Jagielka--Ferdinand--A Cole

----------Rodwell---Wilshire-----------

--Walcott------Gerrard------ J Cole--

-----------------Rooney----------------

I put Rooney, Gerrard & Ashley Cole in on the basis they need a major kick up the arse - the full back positions are open - is there a better right back out there? There must be, but just can't think of him at the moment.

Like where you're going with that. Johnson is the obvious weakness, but who else is there? Micah Richards? Wes Brown? Perhaps one of the younger players with potential will make the grade over the next year. Steven Taylor? Nathanial Clyne? Kyle Walker? Dan Gosling?

Personally i'd put Richards at RB, Glen Johnson is not good enough for international football.

It's a scary sight though, where the hell is the quality coming through? gone are the days of the Scholes, Nevilles, Beckhams....and now we're having to rely on the likes of bloody Gareth Barry who is just average.

I wouldn't be that worried. The midfield we have coming through is looking pretty good. Wilshire looks like the type of creative player that Ozil is, and he'll do well staying at Arsenal and developing, very much looking forward to seeing him in the future. Moses has shown his potential, and looks set to be a Joe Cole style of player.

Adam Johnson is the type of player that England has over looked at times in recent years, we seem to be all about pace (apart from Milner being played right midfield) down the wings, while Johnson is Beckham style of player, takes it slow most of the time, but can drill in a killer cross.

I'm most worried about our striking and central defence options out of anything. I'm going with Rooney even though he has been awful this World Cup, as I don't think there is any young strikers that are showing amazing potential. Last great striker England had was Shearer, and I haven't seen anyone like that in a while. I moved Richards to centre-back as I feel his strength would come in handy, like for example, Upson getting out-muscled by Klose yesterday.

Hart

Defoe Rooney

Sorry, but that's an awful selection. Are you Crappello? Why are you playing 2 tiny players up front? Why have you got central midfielders on the wings? Why have you picked an appauling right back? Where is the pace in defence? This squad would see England drop out of the top 20.

FWIW, by 1212 I'd expect something like:

--------------Hart

Richards - Onuoha - Jagielka - Cole

------Cattermole - Wiltshire

Walcott -------Gerrard-------- Johnson

---------------Rooney

Bench:

Crouch, Defoe

Barry, Moses

Lescott, Terry

Edited by Joensuu

Sorry, but that's an awful selection. Are you Crappello? Why are you playing 2 tiny players up front? Why have you got central midfielders on the wings? Why have you picked an appauling right back? Where is the pace in defence? This squad would see England drop out of the top 20.

FWIW, by 1212 I'd expect something like:

--------------Hart

Richards - Onuoha - Jagielka - Cole

------Cattermole - Wiltshire

Walcott -------Gerrard-------- Johnson

---------------Rooney

Bench:

Crouch, Defoe

Barry, Moses

Lescott, Terry

Lee Cattermole is exactly the sort of player we missed in the world cup. We needed someone who was going to hassle the opposition and win the ball back rather than just standing off and letting teams attack us.

The defence needs a major overhaul. King and ferdinand have long term fitness problems. I really think JT has lost it - he was massively at fault for the first goal yesterday and had a poor end to the season with Chelsea. Johnson is a weak link- he's so attacking that he cramps the space that the right winger has to play in and he's suspect defensively.

I'd go for something like

Hart

Richards - Dawson - Ferdinand (if fit) - Cole

Rodwell - Barry

A Johnson - Gerrard - J Cole

Rooney

With the likes of Wishire, Lampard, Defoe, Croush and Walcott on the bench we have a mix of youth and experience throughout the squad while giving the younger members a chance to stake a claim to the first team spots.

The one thing that is certain is that we have to have a clearout of the squad to get rid of the 'untouchable' mentality. i think that was the main factor in England simply thinking that they had to turn up to win without realising that they needed to put in a performance.

Hart

Johnson - Dawson - Ferdinand - Cashley

Milner - Gerrard - Barry - Cole

Rooney - Crouch

Other players there or there abouts: A. Johnson, Lennon, Theo, Wilshire, Lambert and Lallana ( ;) )

Lampard can f**k off

Terry can f**k off

Upson can f**k off

SWP can shoot Heskey... then f**k off

James was alright, but will be 43 come the next WC so...

Is this the "usual reaction of English people after England have failed badly in a tournament, and think that we should drop all our best players and bring in anyone younger than 22. Then when they're older and fail we can call for the same action again" thread?

Anyone who still includes Lampard in their England team for the future seriously needs their head checking.

Time to get rid of Terry, Lampard, Heskey, Upson, Glen Johnson and Joe cole. Probably a few others.

There are plenty of good young players that can take their place and may actually put a bit of effort into playing for their country.

Not sure who i'd get in at right back, Micah Richards is an option but he hasn't developed into the player i thought he would.

Micah Richards? Really? Maybe after 2 good seasons where he starts more than 15 games.

Huddlestone has a lot to prove still. Not particularly mobile or dynamic enough for international football as yet.

Part of the problem is the nasty rigid formation IMO. And persisting with players like SWP and Heskey. Adam Johnson plays for Citeh AHEAD of SWP, yet SWP goes to S.A and johnson doesn't make the squad? Wilshere and Rodwell had better be VERY VERY good, because otherwise we will be struggling for a long time.

Should also have an english manager. As much as i hate him, Harry Redknapp.

Micah Richards? Really? Maybe after 2 good seasons where he starts more than 15 games.

Huddlestone has a lot to prove still. Not particularly mobile or dynamic enough for international football as yet.

Part of the problem is the nasty rigid formation IMO. And persisting with players like SWP and Heskey. Adam Johnson plays for Citeh AHEAD of SWP, yet SWP goes to S.A and johnson doesn't make the squad? Wilshere and Rodwell had better be VERY VERY good, because otherwise we will be struggling for a long time.

Should also have an english manager. As much as i hate him, Harry Redknapp.

Just because he is English it does not mean Harry is a better manager than Cappello

A fourth finish in the Premier League plus a FA Cup win against Cardiff hardly compares with Capello

Clutching at straws really, we have a serious lack of promising right backs. Richards was looking really good a few years ago and then just seemed to fall off the radar. Leaving Citeh and going to a team where he'll play every week is a must.

Hart

Micah Richards Michael Dawson John Terry Ashley Cole

Aaron Lennon Tom Huddlestone Steven Gerrard Ashley Young

Gabby Agbonlahor Peter Crouch

I haven't put much thought into this, but it looks ok.

When a team of quality players can play well in a team for their club under their manager, but cannot play amongst a quality bunch of players for their country under a different manager it is the manager who stands out as being the problem for as far as I'm concerned. Anyone who thinks Heskey is a good footballer is a f*cking muppet. If he makes decisions to bring him on at such crucial times, god knows what stupid decisions he makes on the training ground.

So you dont understand that Capello wants a target man and Heskey is probably the only one available

So you dont understand that Capello wants a target man and Heskey is probably the only one available

Your obviously too young to remember the season we got relegated from the PL, when Peter Crouch became a very effective target man for us.

I see most people are sticking with the same fullbacks? maybe they need to watch the German goals again. None of that shambles of a defence should be allowed to play for England again. Embarrassing schoolboy/sunday league defending.

Time for a clear out and drop the likes of Lampard/Terry etc even though they have said they dont want to retire from international football. These players actually think the team played well? how about an apology to the country?

Out of that squad i'd keep in the squad Hart, Dawson, Lennon and Joe Cole thats all. Rooney needs to know he can't take his place for granted.

I see most people are sticking with the same fullbacks? maybe they need to watch the German goals again. None of that shambles of a defence should be allowed to play for England again. Embarrassing schoolboy/sunday league defending.

Time for a clear out and drop the likes of Lampard/Terry etc even though they have said they dont want to retire from international football. These players actually think the team played well? how about an apology to the country?

Out of that squad i'd keep in the squad Hart, Dawson, Lennon and Joe Cole thats all. Rooney needs to know he can't take his place for granted.

Have to say that Cashley (for all his off pitch nonesense) is one of the very, very few 'top class' players available to us; on the showing of this tournament possibly the 'only' top draw player we have? Not saying he played particularly well over the four games but he was terribly exposed in this formation and the complete lack of any discipline from Gerrard in front of him....

He is one of the few players in the squad that mixes pace,athleticism and technique, he always looked a threat when he got over halfway, unfortunately due to our abysmal ball retention and completely non-existent midfield he only managed to get forward on very limited occaissions. He also looked fit and determined, much fitter and more determined than most other members of the team.

For the record I dislike him as a person as much as the next person but I think anybody that thinks we have a better option at LB really would be throwing out babies and bathwater.

Glenn Johnson on the other hand ..... absolutely shocking at RB, and very over-rated as an attacking option.

Cashley may be a money grabbing, wife-cheating idiot, but he is one of the few world class players in our current squad. Johnson, meh but there are very few other options. Seriously, who else? Neville? Richards? Otsemobor? Jermaine Wright?

Your obviously too young to remember the season we got relegated from the PL, when Peter Crouch became a very effective target man for us.

That was five years ago he did not perform well enough in the Friendly Internationals otherwise he would have been picked

Have to say that Cashley (for all his off pitch nonesense) is one of the very, very few 'top class' players available to us; on the showing of this tournament possibly the 'only' top draw player we have? Not saying he played particularly well over the four games but he was terribly exposed in this formation and the complete lack of any discipline from Gerrard in front of him....

He is one of the few players in the squad that mixes pace,athleticism and technique, he always looked a threat when he got over halfway, unfortunately due to our abysmal ball retention and completely non-existent midfield he only managed to get forward on very limited occaissions. He also looked fit and determined, much fitter and more determined than most other members of the team.

For the record I dislike him as a person as much as the next person but I think anybody that thinks we have a better option at LB really would be throwing out babies and bathwater.

Glenn Johnson on the other hand ..... absolutely shocking at RB, and very over-rated as an attacking option.

Yes I agree with you about Cole but not Glenn Johnson