8th July - Markus Liebherr Day

trousers

Have nothing but praise for the man (and NC as well). Just think, we could have been a year down the line under the stewardship of Pinnacle and probably further in the mire than we were. Thank you Markus and Nicola.

Heartfelt thanks to you and Nicola. Having a football club that we can be proud of is very important to this city. The level of pride we feel and the respect that we have earned as a club would not have happened to this extent without your timely arrival when things seemed bleak.

One year ago tomorrow, I went out on the p*ss with my brother to celebrate, and met up with another Saints fan who worked in a pub and tried to convince him we had been taken over by a multi-billionaire. As with all typical Saints fans, he refused to believe it until he saw it with his own eyes.

Still remember stumbling home singing oh when the Saints at the top of my voice, getting quite emotional thinking about how close I came to never singing it again.

Just imagine what you would have done on a saturday if we had gone under, and then offer up a huge thanks to Liebherr and Cortese.

Reminded of a poem I wrote a couple of days after the takeover was announced. Yes, i'm a soppy tw*t, so sue me.

Each week I stood, arms by my side,

Watching this cursed game.

Damning the man who ruined it all,

And caused me all this pain.

But then that changed; we were saved,

By a man from lands afar.

Almost as if by a miracle,

Or a wish upon a star.

He turned around a 6 year fall,

Right down to the depths of hell.

Now remember this, so to your kids,

Our story you can tell.

We were not the best, we were not the worst,

We were just glad to be there.

In the best league in all of the land,

With the game played good and fair.

But then that changed, something went wrong,

We were undone by one mans greed.

His stubbornness, his arrogance,

And his selfishness he had to feed.

I shall not dwell upon that man,

For now our skies are clear.

Just know that if it weren’t for him,

We would not be down here.

In spite of him, and his mistakes,

We all still sing our song.

And every weekend, without fault,

The Saints go marching on.

So do not fret; that time has passed,

The future’s looking bright.

No matter how bleak things might get,

We'll cheer the Red and White.

From the day we’re born, till the day we walk,

Through heavens pearly gates,

Stand, and stand proud my friend,

For we are, and always will be, Saints.

Markus has shown great ambition and diligence in his takeover and subsequent management of the future fot SFC. His appointment of NC was one of inspiration and prudent speculation. Markus has shown to be a popular figure within the club and all evidence indicates a fantastic future. As long as he continues to improve the club in all aspects through his investment and support and creates a club that ultimately stands upon it's own 2 feet and looks to innovate with the view of changing the business culture of football especially through his confident and Chairman we expect Markus and NC to excel and deliver a properous and entertaining future.

Well done and 5 gold stars

Edited by BadgerBadger

Twelve months ago I was coming to terms with the death of my club.

Now I am anticipating and enjoying our resurgence.

Perfection is unattainable but joy is. Thankyou Saint Markus and crucially thanks to Nicola Cortese for putting us on Markus' radar.

Was in ibiza eagerly anticipating and worrying whether we would be taken over, then texts filtered in and it was fantastic. Thank you Markus!

Similar, I was in Malta, trying to relax on holiday (but failing.)

Oddly, after the takeover, went for a ride in a hire car. First major sight..... a Liebherr crane. I almost burst into tears of joy! haha.

Twelve months ago I was coming to terms with the death of my club.

Now I am anticipating and enjoying our resurgence.

Perfection is unattainable but joy is. Thankyou Saint Markus and crucially thanks to Nicola Cortese for putting us on Markus' radar.

Hmmm

Thanks to Markus for not only saving the club, but also choosing to place NC in charge. It is clear to those of us that can see the big picture that you're not just looking to re-build the club to make a fast buck - you're investing in the infrastructure and fabric of the organisation in a forward thinking manner so that the mistakes of the past cannot be made again. You're laying the foundations for a football club that will eventually be the pride of English football - perhaps even Europe. Every season in front of us is one to be savoured and enjoyed, because we can be proud of everything NC is putting in place. We are truly blessed to have been saved by your good-self and as such a simple 'thank you' seems somewhat understated but nonetheless sincere.

Thanks to Markus for not only saving the club, but also choosing to place NC in charge. It is clear to those of us that can see the big picture that you're not just looking to re-build the club to make a fast buck - you're investing in the infrastructure and fabric of the organisation in a forward thinking manner so that the mistakes of the past cannot be made again. You're laying the foundations for a football club that will eventually be the pride of English football - perhaps even Europe. Every season in front of us is one to be savoured and enjoyed, because we can be proud of everything NC is putting in place. We are truly blessed to have been saved by your good-self and as such a simple 'thank you' seems somewhat understated but nonetheless sincere.

I can see the big picture. Are you suggesting that those who have issues with certain individuals cannot?