Fifa 11

Draino76

Just a heads up.

There is going to be a price war for this game again as obviously it is the biggest selling game in UK each year. So far Asda have said that from midnight thursday in store they will sell it for £26. So i imagine Tesco and Sainsburys will do the same thing.

Straight up Burseldon Tescos at 11 55 Thursday night then!

I spotted this on the internet if anyone interested

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/vb1-fifa-11-price-comparison-live-u/767551?page=1

It is basically people tracking the deals on the game. So far Asda are the only confirmed £25 ish shop to be selling it but better check to make sure before you leave to get it. That site will be updated and i imagine tomorrow will be when we find out the deals.

Anyone who has the game...what are the Saints players ratings?

img00123201009250853.jpg

Not mine. Was posted on 606. The good news is that we can edit every player to make our squad more realistic as, yet again, the lower league players have been well and truly neglected. Obviously any changes dont apply to online ranked games though...

Not that far out I guess. Hopefully they play a bit like real life as in Lambo power shot, Morgan crisp passing and Holmes injury prone. Jaidi shocking at passing...

And whenever you do a drop kick with Kelv it goes straight out for a throw in. And when Puncheon is on the ball you are unable to pass the ball, all you can do is give your best effort at getting the ball out of the stadium.

Amazon doing it for £29

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-Xbox-360/dp/B003T9W2WS/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_h__676519011_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=202009607&pf_rd_s=right-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=15826471&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0F16ACV16PB5S79VP1YZ

Also yeah the Asda thing seems to have been false, it is also £29. If you look at the Hotdeals link i posted they got a lot of the various deals up.

The best deal to me in my book is the Sainsburys one. If you spend £30 you can get it for £24. So do a bit of your weekly shop, or just buy some drink for the weekend and pick it up for £24. Am hoping Tescos will come out with something good though.

Asda are doing a sort of trade in deal though, you can get if for 97p if you trade in either Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2 or F1 2010.

Edited by St Marco

Amazon doing it for £29

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-Xbox-360/dp/B003T9W2WS/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_h__676519011_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=202009607&pf_rd_s=right-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=15826471&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0F16ACV16PB5S79VP1YZ

Also yeah the Asda thing seems to have been false, it is also £29. If you look at the Hotdeals link i posted they got a lot of the various deals up.

The best deal to me in my book is the Sainsburys one. If you spend £30 you can get it for £24. So do a bit of your weekly shop, or just buy some drink for the weekend and pick it up for £24. Am hoping Tescos will come out with something good though.

Asda are doing a sort of trade in deal though, you can get if for 97p if you trade in either Halo Reach, Dead Rising 2 or F1 2010.

Yeah I am off to Sainsburys tomorrow to pick up my copy, works even better with the amount of nectar points I can take off as well.

How do the Saints players seem in it? At all realistic in terms of attributes?

Got it yesterday, played 4 live games with Saints and remain unbeaten. Lallana has his quick feet and is good at dribbling, but is weak as f**k. Lambo is big, strong and good in the air but yet again he is about as good at free kicks as Kelvin Davis. Highlight for me is Lee Barnard, Nimble feet and a great finish. I scored 2 crackers with him in a 1-3 victory over Arsenal at the Emirates, along a 25 yard snap shot from Morgan! Thankyooooouuuuuu!

The Centre Back pairing of Fonte & Jaidi is yet again formidable. In that same game the guy was cursing Jaidi as I had Arshavin in my pocket the entire game through just backing off and waiting for the moment to hassle him. He's can't run for sh*t but his strength is invaluable.

360 Gamertag = MachineScott (if anyone fancies a few games tonight)

Edited by saintscottofthenortham

Sounds good! How is Guly? Is Chamberlain quick?

Guly is alot like Lambert. Big and strong but better at longer shots. Havn't given Chamerlain a go yet, due to Guly being pretty effective, but will do so tonight. Also Dickson, despite having a lower overal rating than Harding, is far better at left back. Very realistic.

It is true Pullis is more expensive then Lambert! I think our researcher must of knew we would all sell him on ;)

Only played a couple games so far but you notice a lot differences from the demo. Being in division three feels a lot harder then playing as say Barca/Real as the error level is higher. Still not even scored a goal yet...

Bought it this morning at Sainsburys Shirley - went to Tesco first but they didn't have F1 2010 so I didn't go for the "buy one game at £35 get FIFA for £25" offer there. Needed groceries anyway, so that worked out well.

Have to say I'm pretty bored of it already, have downloaded my created team and once I'd done that and seen them, well, meh. Everything else is pretty much the same as FIFA10 and unless I take a liking to playing as a goalie I'm just not going to bother with it much, can't be bothered to build my pro up again and much as I like Saints new kit it doesn't look right on us in the game !

Well played a fair few games now both in career mode and online and love it. It feels more like fifa 10.5 then anything but thats not a bad thing as fifa 10 was a great game. The main thing i think you notice is individuals and more importantly their stats make a huge difference to a team. You play as Saints and get a fast striker into the team it gives you other way's to play. The physics of the game are emense. A small dude won't jostle a big dude off the ball, it is these little physical battles that make it more realistic. The ball feels like it can leave your foot at any momment if you are not concentrating. As the Edge review say's PES is scripted, the ball movement is predictable, once at your feet you won't lose it. In fifa 11 the pass % is a lot lower then before and long balls have to have the skill rating to go along with it if you want to pull off those great passes. And unlike in PES the AI is rock solid. Looking at you guy's gamertags it seems your struggling like me to score too! But that is what makes this years game great, it is harder but more realistic. Sometimes you get a bit of luck, other times you don't. The animations are so much better giving you multiple variants now. Like the default tackle has gone, now lot's of different versions, the same as jumping/heading etc.

While there are lot's of things i like there are also a lot i dislike. The load times before a game seem longer, the commentary is ****, signing players is still difficult. The music isn't as good. The career mode interface is laggy etc etc.. most of those things are presentation issues. EA need to improve in that area. All in all though a great game and still light years ahead of PES. Deserves the high score reviews it has got for sure. But next year please for the love of god sort the presentation out!

Well played a fair few games now both in career mode and online and love it. It feels more like fifa 10.5 then anything but thats not a bad thing as fifa 10 was a great game. The main thing i think you notice is individuals and more importantly their stats make a huge difference to a team. You play as Saints and get a fast striker into the team it gives you other way's to play. The physics of the game are emense. A small dude won't jostle a big dude off the ball, it is these little physical battles that make it more realistic. The ball feels like it can leave your foot at any momment if you are not concentrating. As the Edge review say's PES is scripted, the ball movement is predictable, once at your feet you won't lose it. In fifa 11 the pass % is a lot lower then before and long balls have to have the skill rating to go along with it if you want to pull off those great passes. And unlike in PES the AI is rock solid. Looking at you guy's gamertags it seems your struggling like me to score too! But that is what makes this years game great, it is harder but more realistic. Sometimes you get a bit of luck, other times you don't. The animations are so much better giving you multiple variants now. Like the default tackle has gone, now lot's of different versions, the same as jumping/heading etc.

While there are lot's of things i like there are also a lot i dislike. The load times before a game seem longer, the commentary is ****, signing players is still difficult. The music isn't as good. The career mode interface is laggy etc etc.. most of those things are presentation issues. EA need to improve in that area. All in all though a great game and still light years ahead of PES. Deserves the high score reviews it has got for sure. But next year please for the love of god sort the presentation out!

Constantly comparing Fifa to PES? Yawn. Two different philosophies, both good games but PES plays a better game of football for me. You're obviously a Fifa fan as shown by your constant negative PES jibes, we get it Marco, no need to reiterate the same point over and over again.

Constantly comparing Fifa to PES? Yawn. Two different philosophies, both good games but PES plays a better game of football for me. You're obviously a Fifa fan as shown by your constant negative PES jibes, we get it Marco, no need to reiterate the same point over and over again.

But yet your in the minority as the reviews say your talking ****. How can they all be so wrong and you be right hey? And you have to compare it to PES as that is the competitor. Can only compare apples against apples etc.

Reviewers have still rated PES pretty highly getting 8.5 scores with CVG and a 9 with IGN. A few have given it around 8.5 - 9 in Europe too, the reviews say Fifa is a better game. That is the reviewers opinion, football games are subjective to the joy we all get out of them. PES in it's own right still plays a cracking game of football (for me) maybe not for you. If you want to talk about Fifa do so it's a Fifa thread but if you wanna talk about PES there's a PES thread below it.

It's also subjective to you only playing briefly on the demo of PES before deciding it's utter tripe, everyone knows when it comes to PES, easy to pick up hard to master and that is apparent in this years edition. The game sadly has a few bugs which are annoying (jogging sideline bug, no advantage rule, too many replays) hopefully a patch can sort those out.

As i said i am only basing my opinion of PES on the demo and what the reviewers and people on pesgaming are saying. Personally i couldn't care less. I have fifa, it's a good game. Maybe not worth full price but i paid £24 for it. As you state it is your opinion that PES is better, that is fair enough your entitled to it. Just my point is you act like what i say is controversial, like i have to be pro fifa as i say positive things about it. Which is just retarded seeing as it has high score reviews. Right now it has 89% on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/fifa-soccer-11 few sports games get scores that high unless it is a racing game. Pro Evo has right now an 81% score and hasen't even had the majority of it's reviews. Last year it had 78%. Surely the controversial view would be to go against the vast majority of opinion and say they are wrong? And by me going along with what they are saying must mean i have an agenda! When all the media outlets say Fifa is better, don't care, when i say it outcome the personal insults! It is just silly.

They are just computer games...As i said in the PES thread i will still pick it up. But the collective opinion is that it isn't as much an improvement as some would like you to believe, the reviews reflect that. I don't see how by mentioning that is so wrong?

So the dilemma I have is that I have FIFA 10 which I play most days, have a burning desire to get 11 yet all reviews seem to indicate there arent enough changes to warrant spending out for it. What's the views of people on here who have 10 yet still bought 11 recently??