Pes 2011

saintsforlife7

Does it get on anybody elses t!ts when people use abbreviations and you end up wasting your time checking out something that you have absolutely no interest in!

Having just seen it is on the computer nerds fred should have warned me off I guess, but I was using the New Posts link and ended up on it and stumbled upon it accidently.

Anyone knows how to draw the Crest of the Saints in PES? The one before 125th year anniversary.

Assuming you don't have a PS3 and can't just import a png file, I would suggest to any 360 users using the crappy Live Cam on a Saints shirt to take a picture, making it as central and large as you can in the capture area, then making the surrounding area transparent, and finally going over the colours with the paint tool to make them brighter/more accurate.

I did it on PES2009 and it looked awesome.

If you just want to draw one, there are probably some grids in the Editing Forum over at evo-web, dunno, I haven't been there for ages and editing PES on a 360 is such a futile exercise due to Konami/Microsoft's snootiness regarding save files.

Assuming you don't have a PS3 and can't just import a png file, I would suggest to any 360 users using the crappy Live Cam on a Saints shirt to take a picture, making it as central and large as you can in the capture area, then making the surrounding area transparent, and finally going over the colours with the paint tool to make them brighter/more accurate.

I did it on PES2009 and it looked awesome.

If you just want to draw one, there are probably some grids in the Editing Forum over at evo-web, dunno, I haven't been there for ages and editing PES on a 360 is such a futile exercise due to Konami/Microsoft's snootiness regarding save files.

Or just wait until some other mug does it and Download it.

Here is a video of leaked gameplay of the actual game. Not one that has been cut up by Konami to make it look good.

Now the game is not complete, until you get a complete one can't make any judgements. But hopefully Konami can work on the AI as that looked pretty bad.

Here is a video of leaked gameplay of the actual game. Not one that has been cut up by Konami to make it look good.

Now the game is not complete, until you get a complete one can't make any judgements. But hopefully Konami can work on the AI as that looked pretty bad.

Thats the FIRST code of the game. Clearly you're trying to do what you usually do and put down any Konami efforts for PES. The code has been much advanced to that video as that was out in June, it's august now the video in the first post was from the preview code. Everyone who has previewed PES2011 has said it's improved vastly and will compete with FIFA2011.

Return to form I think.

Thats the FIRST code of the game. Clearly you're trying to do what you usually do and put down any Konami efforts for PES. The code has been much advanced to that video as that was out in June, it's august now the video in the first post was from the preview code. Everyone who has previewed PES2011 has said it's improved vastly and will compete with FIFA2011.

Return to form I think.

I am not putting it down, just showing people a non propoganda video. The one linked was made by Konami and is cut to make the game look good. They don't show you the game being played out but bits that have been made to make the game look good. And that video was leaked in June. Do you really think they will have been able to have totally change things such as the AI in like a month?

As for these previews....They wouldn't happen to be by the same guy's on PESgaming who every year get invited to do a playtest then write up an article about how different it is and amazing from the past years right? Then it get's released and bombs?

Here is what the PES mega fans think of it http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=78909 Personally i don't think they share your enthusiasm.

"PES Mega fans" Most Fifa plays aren't actually that happy with the game and will return to PES this year without a doubt. The broken manager mode and the lack of variety in goals scored, and the way FIFA makes you play the game FIFA wants rather than a realistic game of football.

The beauty of PES is you can really have your own style, and things like stats actually meant something and the player individuality will ALWAYS be better than Fifa's despite it's "personality plus" which is again stolen from PES.

I'll be the first to admit I see why people DON'T like PES2010/2009/2008 Those versions in comparison to PES 5 & 6 just weren't as fun.. or balanced. And generally the animations since being on next gen have nose dived, Seabass himself has admitted PES has lost it's way, and it's built on a different engine now which you'll all see for yourself.

360 passing, 360 movement, 1000'S of new animations for starters, the game has improved wholescale.

BUT people WILL dislike it, the new tricks system and defending system means many people will lose as X doesn't mean *run into someone and tackle* Now X is jockey and the tackling is done with the stick.

So if people put in the hours and time to adapt to the game, it will be hugely satisfying.

• 5 weeks later...

I had a go earlier and thought it was a big improvement on last years game but still has a few annoying things with it. Like the ball feels like a balloon. Is way too light. Hopefully they can fix that before release. But i would defo say PES has made more improvements then Fifa thus far this year.

Also i spotted this if anyone interested

Pre-order from Argos using code play15 and get it for £27 on PS3

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5738126/Trail/searchtext%3EPES%202011.htm?storeId=10001&referredURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.argos.co.uk%2Fstatic%2FProduct%2FpartNumber%2F5738126%2FTrail%2Fsearchtext%3EPES+2011.htm&jspStoreDir=argos&_%24ja=tsid%3A11674%7Cprd%3A1546795&referrer=COJUN&cmpid=COJUN

That has only confirmed to me why I gave up on PES 4 years ago. The players run like they have some sort of condition, passing is about as dynamic as the Woolston ferry and the general gameplay just looks terrible. Granted, the graphics look good... but deary me, how long til' all you PES worshipers wake up and smell the coffee?

That has only confirmed to me why I gave up on PES 4 years ago. The players run like they have some sort of condition, passing is about as dynamic as the Woolston ferry and the general gameplay just looks terrible. Granted, the graphics look good... but deary me, how long til' all you PES worshipers wake up and smell the coffee?

I'd love to know who "all the PES worshippers" are. I bloody loved the game, inhabited evo-web, made patches, created transfer option files, full Prem kit saves with badges and correct numbers and styles and even made the Saints IFC team with accurate skill ratings and appearances. I bought every Japanese imported Winning Eleven game and every PES game from ISS PE on PSX through to PES2009 on Xbox360...

...and I haven't even SEEN last year's PES, let alone played it.

I think the waking up needs to be done by the FIFAese who still think PES has a fanbase. It's dead in the water until it comes up with something unequivocally better than EA can produce "on the pitch" and backs it up with some actually useful online and editing features, including online careers, tournament editors and a fully flexible season editor.

Until then people might hire PES occasionally to check, they might even buy both - but FIFA is the leader and will stay so until it stagnates again.

After playing it for quite sometime now i have changed my mind, it is pretty gash. My main criticism is that Konami have tried to be Fifa rather then be PES. And by doing that has lost some of it's uniqueness.

Compared to last year it is a huge improvement though i think. But the pace is slow, the AI is truely awful even on highest setting. Players run like they are taking a dump and for me the worst thing is the ball sticking to you. This has been there for many years obviously but it makes it un-realistic. Nobody has amazing ball control that the ball sticks to them like that. Basically you can't screw up and lose the ball. And when you try and tackle someone you always get done for a foul. This was in last years and you got booked for it, thankfully this time they have removed the booked every tackle thing. However this brings me onto another annoying thing, replays....They happen after every little thing, wether a awful shot or minute foul. The physics of the ball are all wrong too as i mentioned above. All of which just make this too easy. Every player on the pitch looks and feels the same, can take your defender run with the ball all the way to the end and score. Also for some reason they have removed the ref playing on after a foul, it is always called a free kick now. The atmosphere of games has died too.

As harsh as i am being it is an improvement on last year. But they have improved the looks more then anything. The graphics are superb, the stadiums look great, the presentation is un-rivaled. As it is the game is not better then Fifa 10. Fifa 11 will just be a refined version of Fifa 10 as they already made a great game so why change it. So the gap between the two games will not have increased this year for sure. But Konami need to stop thinking about how it looks and think about how it plays.

I'd love to know who "all the PES worshippers" are. I bloody loved the game, inhabited evo-web, made patches, created transfer option files, full Prem kit saves with badges and correct numbers and styles and even made the Saints IFC team with accurate skill ratings and appearances. I bought every Japanese imported Winning Eleven game and every PES game from ISS PE on PSX through to PES2009 on Xbox360...

...and I haven't even SEEN last year's PES, let alone played it.

I think the waking up needs to be done by the FIFAese who still think PES has a fanbase. It's dead in the water until it comes up with something unequivocally better than EA can produce "on the pitch" and backs it up with some actually useful online and editing features, including online careers, tournament editors and a fully flexible season editor.

Until then people might hire PES occasionally to check, they might even buy both - but FIFA is the leader and will stay so until it stagnates again.

I know a fair few lads who still stick religously to PES, and won't even give Fifa a go. Add to that the fact that a quick gander at a few gaming forums confirms the fact that there are thousands who claim that PES is still better. Laughable really.

I agree with your other comments. It used to be fantastic, but unfortunatly everything else has evolved, where as PES has just changed name every year.

http://www.youtube.com/marioflipao1990#p/u/0/c3qhKScxPts

To be honest, it looks pretty good. It does still seem that people get in one of two camps and then get all militant. As if it matters. I'd like it to be great, and I'll be honest if it's not. The bottom line, though, is that this is the first year FIFA will have a decent offering on the PC ever, really. And even that will be trimmed back. PES has never been awful - just a let down from how it has been in its glory days. I think they've started to make things better, at last, but they do clearly need to have a sort of culture shift about what they are trying to do. Signs are OK, but on the pitch is all that really counts. I honestly think it looks like being better this year, from what I've seen - and I still felt FIFA 10 (didn't play it loads, but was quite impressed) became a bit too samey and.. predictable. PES becomes easy, but it has always felt more organic.. has less 'broken' bits to take advantage of. I always felt that the 'feel' was better, and until recently I'd have stuck by that. That's just my take, and FIFA has come a long way. I reckon it could be close, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I know of some guys the religiously correct the kits/names/faces for PES. All you need to do is download the lot, stick it on a usb pen no the machine and copy it across. So if the only thing stopping you buying pes is the kits and so on, wait unl iot's out and I'll direct you all to a good one. (once i have my ps3 back as it's bust the moment)

BTW this is on all formats..

it clearly doesn't play ****. However much you prefer what FIFA offers, saying PES is ****, or saying FIFA is ****, shows nothing but a total lack of objectivity and offers absolutely f*ck all to the debate. I've never really understood what fanboy means, but I believe it's being a blinkered zealot for one particular product without paying any regard whatsoever to anything factual. That being the case, then it's bloody stupid.

I've had PES for the last few years but I was a little disappointed with 2010 so I was interested to see what FIFA had to offer. Having played the 2 demos here is my short review.

For me FIFA is a game for people who like to play games as opposed to simulations. It looks nice and is very very easy to play pretty looking football, but to me that isn't how football always works. FIFA is far far easier than PES (I played 5 games each, scored once on PES, but on the other hand won every game on FIFA playing on the hardest level for both) and I like to be challenged when playing a game, not just win all the time. It seems that with PES you can play any type of football (sometimes badly) for the best result. Fiddle with the line up and hoof the ball all the time is possible on PES but not on FIFA. Also, FIFA STILL has the bug where you can run into the same position and 9 times out of 10 score, which is rubbish.

The ideal game would be the licences and the commentry from FIFA with the game play of PES. - So, I'll be buying PES as you can update the licences and turn the commentary off.

I know of some guys the religiously correct the kits/names/faces for PES. All you need to do is download the lot, stick it on a usb pen no the machine and copy it across. So if the only thing stopping you buying pes is the kits and so on, wait unl iot's out and I'll direct you all to a good one. (once i have my ps3 back as it's bust the moment)

BTW this is on all formats..

That kind of flexibility wasn't on the X360 version until 2009 - and that's assuming it's happened since, but unless Microsoft have suddenly become enlightened and allowed partial Option File copying and the sort of image and sound importing you get on the PS3 version, then the PS3 version is still going to blow the 360 one out of the water for the editing options.

Unless I know for certain that all of the editing options are in the 360 version I'm almost certainly not going to buy it. Wasted enough money on 360 versions of PES only to find them stupidly locked-down by Microsoft's paranoia about Achievements and file sharing already.

And as far as "download someone's update and port it across", well yeah, I was one of the ones creating chunks of the updates for PES/WE PS2 OFs back in 2003.

I've had PES for the last few years but I was a little disappointed with 2010 so I was interested to see what FIFA had to offer. Having played the 2 demos here is my short review.

For me FIFA is a game for people who like to play games as opposed to simulations. It looks nice and is very very easy to play pretty looking football, but to me that isn't how football always works. FIFA is far far easier than PES (I played 5 games each, scored once on PES, but on the other hand won every game on FIFA playing on the hardest level for both) and I like to be challenged when playing a game, not just win all the time. It seems that with PES you can play any type of football (sometimes badly) for the best result. Fiddle with the line up and hoof the ball all the time is possible on PES but not on FIFA. Also, FIFA STILL has the bug where you can run into the same position and 9 times out of 10 score, which is rubbish.

The ideal game would be the licences and the commentry from FIFA with the game play of PES. - So, I'll be buying PES as you can update the licences and turn the commentary off.

I think it's weird that people are still trying to make one a "game" and the other a "simulation" - they're both simulations, but the main problem with PES the last couple of years is it simulates a version of football where individual players can dribble 50 yards with the ball unchallenged, which is unrealistic. The current demo doesn't seem to stop that. I like the new defending though. I think.

I'm not really all that bothered with the hoo-hah over animations other than to illustrate smooth transition between directional changes and no jerkiness, but PES has adopted FIFA's old problem of sliding players since the Next-Gen move, and FIFA has shed a lot of its previous problems with floating balls and ridiculous physics to be more realistic in movements, even if the players mostly look like cartoons.

PES WOULD be the superior individual match product if they could sort the AI and the glitching, because the player models are so much more realistic - but until that happens, FIFA still has more teams, more leagues, more online options, a better interface and interactive experience, and gameplay which holds together enough to stop it being utterly frustrating - even if the ball does still float around a bit.

I really want to see the PES players, stadia and attention to kit detail with FIFA-style presentation and unlimited editing options.

I think it's weird that people are still trying to make one a "game" and the other a "simulation" - they're both simulations, but the main problem with PES the last couple of years is it simulates a version of football where individual players can dribble 50 yards with the ball unchallenged, which is unrealistic. The current demo doesn't seem to stop that. I like the new defending though. I think.

I'm not really all that bothered with the hoo-hah over animations other than to illustrate smooth transition between directional changes and no jerkiness, but PES has adopted FIFA's old problem of sliding players since the Next-Gen move, and FIFA has shed a lot of its previous problems with floating balls and ridiculous physics to be more realistic in movements, even if the players mostly look like cartoons.

PES WOULD be the superior individual match product if they could sort the AI and the glitching, because the player models are so much more realistic - but until that happens, FIFA still has more teams, more leagues, more online options, a better interface and interactive experience, and gameplay which holds together enough to stop it being utterly frustrating - even if the ball does still float around a bit.

I really want to see the PES players, stadia and attention to kit detail with FIFA-style presentation and unlimited editing options.

There is unlimited editing on PES. - Apart from the licenced kits/badges. This year you can also edit pitch sizes, stands and backgrounds.

I still think FIFA is far, far too easy and the PES frustrating gameplay is realistic. Football is like that, you're a Saints fan you should know.

There is unlimited editing on PES. - Apart from the licenced kits/badges. This year you can also edit pitch sizes, stands and backgrounds.

I still think FIFA is far, far too easy and the PES frustrating gameplay is realistic. Football is like that, you're a Saints fan you should know.

But is it the case on the Xbox360 as well ? I know it is on PS3, but that was the case 2 years ago, and Microsoft refused to allow a split option file or image copying so you couldn't get images into the game or import parts of Option Files. Also, because practically all the PES community has PS3s (I gave up waiting in 2006 and got my 360 instead) there's no-one hacking the Option Files to create 3rd Party importing/unencrypting apps like there used to be.