Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

where is the club now? who is the new owner? what is the structure /policy now going forward?

Check out the article on club site. The march to the premiership is still on. Lets make this really sad news the uniting force it should be and get a full house for the Leyton Orient game to pay our respects.

I feel so sorry for the guy's family. Genuinely gutted for them. Also sad for those at the club whose appointments came about as a direct result of Markus's ownership of SFC - they must be wondering what the future holds, as do all of us fans.

Markus was a Christian and therefore his family will have faith that he has now gone to a better place in heaven. Our responsibility is now to take hold of the legacy Markus has left at SFC and turn his dreams and ambitions into reality. RIP Markus.

Absolutely shocked.

Thank you for everything you did in your short time with us

Will never forget that enormous smile at Wembley when we lifted the cup

My thoughts are with your family and friends at this sad time

RIP Markus

Forever a saint

Totally utterly shocked tonight! Mr Liebherr was a gentleman and our saviour. Still remember his face at JPT, I think he did love the club! hope the bickering stops tonight and we concentrate on getting promote, its the very least we can do!

RIP

Here Here, this is the best thing written all night.

Lets get behind NC and win this league for Markus!

Totally shocked. It put's everything that has happened over the past few weeks into a clear perspective. What this guy has done for this club will live on forever. He will always be remembered as the guy who saved Southampton, the guy who gave us something to remain so pasionate about.

The guy cared about the club and for that i will forever be thankful. RIP Markus, you will be missed.

Genuinely sad news. He came from to nowhere and rescued the club from the brink of extinction when the situation was at it's darkest, and seemingly asked for nothing in return. He gave the fans, both in and out of the city, a club they could be proud of, and instilled a new sense of not just hope, which can be dashed by any person whose dreams are outmatched by their means, but a true feeling of belief. He was as much a fan as any here, as Anyone at Wembley on the day of our Cup Triumph will testify, and I can only trust that The team, The management, and the fans can pull together to make his, and our, vision for the club a reality.

Rest In Peace, Markus Liebherr.

My Thoughts go out to his Family & Friends.

Tragic news and will be a sincerely heartfelt loss. May we sing his name loud and proud at both MK on saturday and the following week on our return to SMS.

I'm going to have a drive down SMS and leave my token of condolence. Markus will always stay with me for what he done for our great club, may he wishes be granted and his name live on with the club.

R.I.P Markus Liebherr.

MARKUS LIEBHERR'S RED & WHITE ARMY!

Speechless really, what can one say; one of the very last gentleman philanthropists, a good man who enjoyed saving a great club. I hope that his far too brief tenure at SFC gave him some genuine pleasure and that he felt the very real gratitude and affection of his fellow Saints fans. Sincere condolences to his family.

This season, our 125th anniversary season, has to be for Marcus Leibherr...

Absolutely gutted. RIP Markus and best wishes to his family at what must be an incredibly difficult time. Thank you so much for saving our football club and setting a course and vision for something better than anything we've experienced before. I only hope that vision continues to be put into effect by Nicola, his staff and all us supporters united in your good name.

RIP Markus, take your place alongside Ted upstairs. What he built, you saved, and we are eternally in your debt for that. This speech came to mind and seems appropriate:

"Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land."

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})