Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

+1 ... absolutely.

The Markus Liebherr Stadum.

Someone start a sticky about this. I reckon a vote would be 100% on this Forum surely?

For sure this has to happen. Someone who has links to Cortese should make him aware of this, start a poll and show the results to him...i am sure it would be 100% in favour of this. Great idea.

This has come as a bolt out of the blue. Just yesterday I thought how unfortunate and sad it must be for Exeter City to lose a striker - to lose your chairman and source of funding is completely shocking. I have nothing bad to say about him - he came in, saved us, made us financially secure, and enjoyed seeing us win the JPT final. What a year.

RIP Markus, may you always watch us from heaven with a glowing smile on your face and with your little camera taking pictures.

Thanks to Pancake for the Facebook status - I wouldn't have see this news without it!

Sincere condolences to the Liebherr family for their loss of a great man; 62 is way too young to pass away. All I can say is many thanks for saving Saints and I truly hope your time with us gave you as much happiness as it did us. May you rest in peace sir.

Will be remembered as the man who saved Southampton Football Club. Without his intervention there would simply have been nothing left. As such he occupies a very special place. With his helping hand and might, Saints have regained their pride, if not their position, yet. That will undoubtedly follow, because anything Markus was involved in was successful. He saw something in Saints which pleased him immensely, and it's upto the club and supporters to live out the dream he had. His younger friend and compatriot, Nicola Cortese will be feeling very low, as we all are. I spare a thought for him and hope he has the appetite to continue the work, that Markus had so much faith in. Here's also hoping that, in the forthcoming seasons, Saints can provide him with the true memorial that befits his stature among Saints fans.

Very sad to hear the news of the death of Marcus Liebherr and thanks to him from all Saints fans for saving the club from extinction. I will never forget seeing him at Wembley at the Johnstones Paint Trophy final with a big smile on his face taking pictures of the event. Condolences to his family and heartfelt gratitude for the short time he was involved with the Saints. A true Saint, RIP Herr Liebherr.

Absolutely stunned. R.I.P. Markus. You will always be remembered as the saviour of Southampton Football club. A real shame you couldn't be here to finish what you started, but we will get there thanks to you.

absolutely gutted. What he did for this club is just beyond words, it's so sad it was for such a short time and we couldn't enjoy the journey with him back to the Premiership.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I would fully back renaming the stadium in his name, without him i don't think we would exist.

Really, truly and sincerely grateful for Marcus taking the time in his short life to spend his time on us. The significance of his contribution to the life of a saints fan can only be comparable to Ted! Hopefully as a fan base we can honor his legacy with unity!!! Please let's move forward together!

R.I.P. Markus and condolences to his family and dear ones.

In the short, sweet and passionate relationship between Liebherr and SFC, winning the JPT final was sweeter than winning the world cup could have been for any team...

Time for mourning and afterwards we unite and move on as one...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})