Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

When he took over there were rumours he set up a trust fund. I think he knew he didn't have long left and this was him enjoying himself.

Seems to be confirmed by this...

He would have wanted to be there when the Saints get promotion to the Premier League. The well laid plans for the Club that he and the Executive Chairman had mapped out over a year ago will continue to be implemented uninterrupted and nothing will change in that regard.

R.I.P. :(

Thankyou for all you did.

He saved our club, and that will never be forgotten

As already mentioned though......was he ill?

If this was expected within his private circle it might explain our lack of transfer activity

Anyway, whatever the situation thanks for everything Marcus, and hopefully you'll be watching us play Premier League football from above

OMG.Thankyou Markus.RIP.

I am shocked,stunned and saddened by this horrible news.

Such a shame he will now not see some of his supposed plans come to fruition.

A side note...i really wonder what will happen now to saints,the fututre looked so bright under his stewardship,i'm sure he will want us to continue prosper in his absence.

This is a bad day.

RIP Markus, we will forever appreciate the day you walked into St Marys and saved the Saints but more importantly I wish your family the very best wishes for the future.

I hope that Saints can achieve the objective you have set out and make you and your family proud of what you were building here in Southampton.

where is the club now? who is the new owner? what is the structure /policy now going forward?

Check out the article on club site. The march to the premiership is still on. Lets make this really sad news the uniting force it should be and get a full house for the Leyton Orient game to pay our respects.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})