Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

Thank you Markus R.I.P and my condolences to the family and friends.

please i hope that we all pull together put aside any lingering negativity and show the great support for the team and all involved at southampton that made Markus want to save us from oblivion.

Let us win every game and the leagues in his honour and let us never forget what he has given us.

About to watch England game and all i can think about is watching Markus at Wembley in the JPT Final and seeing what it meant to him seeing his Saints triumph.

I only hope that ALL Saints fans will now unite and get behind the club and stop this petty bickering that has gone on during pre-season.

R.I.P Markus and thankyou from the bottom of my heart for saving my club from oblivion.

UNITE TOGETHER SAINTS FANS AND SHOW THE WORLD WHAT IT IS TO BE SAINTS THROUGH AND THROUGH!!!

RIP Markus, thoughts are with your family. You will never be forgotten. you gave us back our club, you gave us a season in which we could enjoy football again. You gave us a team to be proud of......you gave so much is such a short time. Thank yopu. Please continue to watch from above and I hope we continue to make you proud.

About to watch England game and all i can think about is watching Markus at Wembley in the JPT Final and seeing what it meant to him seeing his Saints triumph.

I only hope that ALL Saints fans will now unite and get behind the club and stop this petty bickering that has gone on during pre-season.

R.I.P Markus and thankyou from the bottom of my heart for saving my club from oblivion.

UNITE TOGETHER SAINTS FANS AND SHOW THE WORLD WHAT IT IS TO BE SAINTS THROUGH AND THROUGH!!!

RIP Markus, thoughts are with your family. You will never be forgotten. you gave us back our club, you gave us a season in which we could enjoy football again. You gave us a team to be proud of......you gave so much is such a short time. Thank you. Please continue to watch from above and I hope we continue to make you proud.

Thank you for saving our club and history Markus, I'm glad you had your day at Wembley that was for you! RIP.

Saints fans should remember and honour him by getting Liebherr 1 on the back of their 125 anniversairy home strip and the club should honour him by renaming the Itchen Stand the 'Markus Liebherr Stand'.

Heart gos out to his family and friends... this is so sad. I watched the video on YouTube of his welcome game... and it brought tears to my eyes... you saved our club and the joy you showed watching your team will always be remembered...

What you did can never be underestimated... I would be proud if the saints played at

The Markus Liebherr Stadum.

I'm truly shocked and still cannot quite believe what has happened. It's so sad in so many ways, naturally my deepest heartfelt condolences to his family and friends, such a bitter sweet feeling, he saved our beloved club not only with money but a deep sense of pride, satisfaction and love yet will never get to see the real fruits of his labour. I hope his legacy lives on for many years to come, a sad sad day for football and an absolutely terrible day for Southampton Football Club. Markus may you rest in peace as the true Saint that you are. A legend, who will never be forgotten.

I agree with the saying that no one man is bigger than any club but in this case you were cetainly as big as Southampton Marcus. You were Southampton FC along with all your fellow fans.

So many thanks for saving our club, We will always be endebted to you for that. words cannot say how much all us fans appreciated that.

Now up to the fans and players to give us and you looking down a season to remember.

Marcus, Thanks you. RIP.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” - COYR!

A good motto there. Hopefully Markus Liebherr can look down on SFC for years to come and say he put it into practice.

RIP.

A sad sad day for Saints everywhere. Our thoughts go out to his family.

Thankyou Mr Liebherr for not only saving Southampton Football Club but for allowing us to look forward with real hope.

A secure and successful future for us will be your true legacy.

The Wembley smiles (yours and ours!) said it all.

R.I.P

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})