Markus Liebherr RIP. All tributes here please.

camdijk

He saved us from extinction and is a hero, plain and simple.

Looked like he loved his time involved with Saints and I hope he died a satisfied man, knowing how much joy he had brought to thousands of Saints fans.

Markus Liebherr, the Saviour.

R.I.P

What very sad news. RIP Markus and condolences to the Liebherr family and all those who were close to him.

I wonder if he ever knew how many smiles he put on the faces of the people of, or connected with, this fair city and football club? I bet he would be too modest to acknowledge it. When he bought Saints he also bought a part of our lives and our heritage, our culture and our emotion; the things that give the Club a soul and a heart, and a finer steward of these precious jewels won't be found anywhere else. You'll be missed big fella.

Just passed by the the OS for a quick look and actually said "Oh f***" with my mum in the room, before hastening here.

I'm sure he was pleased with our purchase; that broad smile at Wembley made me smile too. What a shame we can't now share the roller-coaster together.

Marcus, you brought smiles back to the faces of thousands of Saints fans around the world, and hopefully the club brought many smiles of your own. You were a great man and had the respect of so many people, hence the outpouring of emotion here by so many including myself...I was as shocked as everyone else to have heard the tragic news. Rest in peace now, but know that you will never be forgotten by those associated with this great club, be it fans, staff, players or even casual observers.

God bless.

Thank you Markus for everything you did. You gave us a club to be proud of again and we will all be eternally grateful for that. The best way we can honour your commitment to us is to show the commitment we have for this club and pack the ground to the rafters the then raise the roof as we drive the team on to win the league in your honour. Rest in Peace.

Can't believe it! Just when we were going places thanks to him. He genuinely cared about Saints, it wasn't just a business to him.

His family obviously feel it more than we do but I hope they see this thread to appreciate how well we had all taken to him. Choked!

RIP

You will NEVER be forgotten for what you did.

RIP Markus

I will be forever in debt to you for saving our beloved club, and giving us the oppotunity to carry on.

I hope and pray the players, manager, coaching staff and fans come together and get promotion in dedication to the man.

What a terrible shame at such a relatively young age. His legacy is the respect and regard that the supporters have for him. Maybe it is now time to give the stadium a new name in his memory. Condolences to his family, may he rest in peace.

Couldn't agree more. That would be so apt for the club's saviour.

Saw the big man with the biggest smile at Wembley.....he needed a big heart and not just a pocket to save our club......it really was not about the money. I hope that the team reflect his wishes in getting us to the Premier League so that he can give us a big beaming smile from up above when we get there. A big message to all at the club - now is the time to pull together and make his dream a reality !!. My sincerest condolences to his family - if he cared this much about Saints he loved you even more.

I'm still in absolute shock and completely dumbfounded.

I'm not one to immerse myself in grief for grief's sake but I still feel, like a gentleman above me so succinctly put it "bereaved".

I keep thinking of all the terrible implications or dreadful possibilities if Markus hadn't stepped in. In fact, it doesn't even bear thinking about.

I can only hope that as a club, we honour him in the correct way- that we leave or create something as a lasting tribute as whilst he was only here in little over a year, he made such a huge and significant impact on the club and the fans.

Markus Liebherr, thank you for everything you've done for us. Thank you for saving us from oblivion, thank you for breathing life back into us as a club and giving us hope.

Thank you for restoring our faith after a torrid half-decade and may you rest in peace and never, ever be forgotten.

RIP Markus

"Our Saint"

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})