New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

I don't dispute AC did a good job at Charlton for which he is rightly credited.But is that something he is likely to repeat a decade later, just as Burley did not repeat his success elsewhere.

As for West Ham...AC got off to a flyer beating ManU at home but then took it to the last game to save them. Did they ever get so close to the drop under Zola?

Err - what, apart from being in and around the relegation zone for the entirity of Zola's only full season?

Curbishley's win record at WHU 41%. Zola, clearly far better manager no doubt about it, had a win ratio of a stunning 29%. Sign him up.

Curbishley may not be able to repeat his success at CAFC, but at least he has had some success in his career as opposed to getting a job on the strength of his name and then failing.

Cortese and KK spoke Friday morning, BUT Cortese has spoken to loads of guys now and I believe his decision comes down to 'How Reed let's them fit in his way.'

My outside bet is Leonardo for that wow factor and the Reed way.

Keegan and Shearer dream team, now that would be interesting, not sure if it would work, but very interesting.

Really don't want him. He has come across FAR too desparate for the role over the past few days. Perhaps not a bad thing - shows he is motivated. But he is a bit crap really.

You really can't say Brown is a bit crap FFS. He's at least on a par with Pardew - he's managed in the Prem! Not the WOW factor perhaps, but I like how he's trying to improve himself and reckon he could do a pretty good job here actually. However I do not see him as the type of candidate NC or Reed would pick.

No, he basically heads up the academy and support services to the first team - scouting, sports medicine, equipment, grounds etc.

He is more than that. He sits on the transfer committee with an equal say as the Team Manager and it is his scouts that make the recommendations on the players to be signed. He is also listed as an Executive Director on the Saints website which in business terminology means he sits on the Board of Saints as a Director with Executive responsibilities participating in Board decisions. Unlike the Team Manager.

Where has that Leonardo link come from? Also lets calm down on this 'wow' factor. Cortese hasn't said this, it was R5L speculation that may not be based on a whole lot!

Where has any link come from, bar Brown, nobody has said they're interested.

And it was an SFC press guy who said wow wasn't it? May be wrong tho.

Haha, yes, we're going to appoint Zinedine Zidane.

Weren't there silly rumours about QPR appointing him a while ago? With his reputation, if he wants to coach, I imagine he'll start higher up, or in France. V intelligent guy, IMO a player as good or better than Maradona and Pele. He'd be a success, but it's a ridiculous dream, even compared to MON. Besides, he'd leave with a bit of success. And he hasn't played in 4 years so wouldn't be a player manager for anyone. Although he has been training with france recently.

How come everyone is ITK anyway? I've been on here years and know **** all.

Not true he`s played in this years Soccer Aid lol

so only rumours I can see with any substance are:

Howe - due to his and his chairmans come and get me plea

Adkins - sudden favourite and his comments on tv today

Brown - his publically stated interest.

sorry to quote myself but too lazy to type some of it again - are there any publically reported links other than these

You really are a pillock

Reed failed in his only managerial job, didn't really play the game professionally, and get a leg up in the FA coaching nippers (which is what he should do here).

Leonardo didn't want to be a manager in the first place and lasted 5 minutes.

Still, fair play to you for your reasoned assessment of my post, and your brave cyber-warrior put-down.

Pillock.

It's Stuart Pearce. Had enough of being Capello's boot boy (sic). WOW factor - young Englishman with good CV. Reed approval. Will be given approval to carry on certain England duties.

You heard it here first.

FFS, we don't need another left-back.

FFS, the man's mental. He obvioulsy has no respect for history.

FFS, I've long supported the cause of press freedom and the rights of the free-lance photogrpaher. I don't like paying for stuff either.

ARRRGHH FFSFSFSFSFSF.