New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Rumours have been touted that Zola could quite possibly be next in line to be manager.

Now these rumours i have had given me are via the same people that put me onto the Do Prado signing.

They are Italian based and state that Cortese and Zola are longtime aquaintances...i initially stated on the Rovers build up thread that i was led to believe that if we lose that Pardew would be ousted,seems a 0-4 away win will not satisfy Cortese.

As for Zola,mmm, i'm not sure he is the man for the job.

What do you think?

Just had a text from a mates sister who works at the De Vere, and she recons Steve Coppell is currently eating eggs benedict in the garden.

My sisters got a mate who works as a receptionist a the BBC offfice in Cardiff and she overheard someone say on friday that apparantly Capello is to quit England after these weekends games to take over at an unnamed league One club which is just about to sack it manager. I thought it was Wallsall but now i'm not so sure.

Edited by Turkish

My sisters got a mate who works as a receptionist a the BBC offfice in Cardiff and she overheard someone say on friday that apparantly is to quit England after these weekends friendly to take over at an unnamed league One club which is just about to sack it manager. I thought it was Wallsall but now i'm not so sure.

What does your sister look like?

Here we go, first of the ridiculous suggestions. Que people claiming we can get any manager we want.

As for ridiculous, why is it? All I said was that it would be my choice? Back in the early 80's we once signed a player by the name of Kevin Keagan who was the European footballer of the year. Now how ridiculous was that? It still happened though proving anything is possible especially with Saints financial clout now. Easy to be sarcastic behind a computer screen isnt it?

The bookies never get it right so I throw my hat towards a proven premiership manager that will attract 3 good players that don't make the 25 man squads while the other player will be one signed already as he's had a medical.

My bookies bet is O'Neill with Vassell the player?

But my gut feeling is it's Zola.

Edited by Pilchards

As for ridiculous, why is it? All I said was that it would be my choice? Back in the early 80's we once signed a player by the name of Kevin Keagan who was the European footballer of the year. Now how ridiculous was that? It still happened though proving anything is possible especially with Saints financial clout now. Easy to be sarcastic behind a computer screen isnt it?

He would be my choice too, but do you really think a manager like Martin O'Neill is going to drop down two divisions? There is no way a manager of O'Neills reputation and ability will join a league one club.

Not Blackwell either please, played hoof football while at Sheffield utd. Can't think of any likely options. I would guess an Italian because of NC but we need someone who knows the lower leagues but also has good contacts and well respected in order to get people to join us.

Wonder if Wilkins will leave once manager in too if not wonder why he is only one to survive?!

A change of manager at this stage of the season is normally a step back.

Over the last season-and-a-bit, AP has assembled a squad of players that fit his bill...whether it gets 100% support of Saints Forum or not, that's the way he will have built the squad.

A new manager comes in and finds that he wants to play a slightly different way (inevitably) and, surprise surprise, hasn't got exactly the righjt tool box set-up for the job he wants to do.

Fitting of round pegs into square holes normally ensues, followed by disgruntlement of the old manager's chosen men, followed by ..... (insert your own conclusion here)

Zola achieved less at West Ham than AP did.No knowledge of L1 and would be a backward step.

Turdishley can f^ck off,a slimey creep who once did a good job at Charlton but on the 'West Ham scale' is probably below even Zola.

O'Neill would be an outstanding recruit - but not likely. Coppell might have been NC'S NO 1 target twelve months ago but could'nt hack it at Bristol City.

Tisdale is an up and coming manager, but probably not what we immediately need.

Do people realise Martin O'Neill was at the Leyton Orient game last sat!!?? My foingers pointing his way for that, but not sure as a league one club we'd be able to get him!!

But why would he be at the game otherwise!!

Zola does seem to make sense however with the italian connection at all. Time will tell.

He would be my choice too, but do you really think a manager like Martin O'Neill is going to drop down two divisions? There is no way a manager of O'Neills reputation and ability will join a league one club.

Enough ££££ and surprising how that might change his view.

Do people realise Martin O'Neill was at the Leyton Orient game last sat!!?? My foingers pointing his way for that, but not sure as a league one club we'd be able to get him!!

But why would he be at the game otherwise!!

Zola does seem to make sense however with the italian connection at all. Time will tell.

no.

O'neil would be a dream - will he want to come down 2 divisions? Maybe if he gets management support and time, not sure the board will give him all that.

Vialli anyone, could be interesting but

Zola as a player maybe as manager maybe not

coppel, curbishley not better than Pardew

I heard that an ex french national coach is available (Domenech anyone? ... jeez that would be a nightmare). Not better than money grabbing Ericsson.

Enough ££££ and surprising how that might change his view.

thats what certain people said about signing who we want, just offer them enough cash yet Danns, Stock & Bailey all rejected us. I'd love O'Neill here, but just cant see it happening.

O'neil would be a dream - will he want to come down 2 divisions? Maybe if he gets management support and time, not sure the board will give him all that.

Vialli anyone, could be interesting but

Zola as a player maybe as manager maybe not

coppel, curbishley not better than Pardew

I heard that an ex french national coach is available (Domenech anyone? ... jeez that would be a nightmare). Not better than money grabbing Ericsson.

Probably a bit old now?

Like I said, that would be my choice. Anything is possible in football. Who really thought Pardew would be sacked today after the side winning 4-0 away on Saturday. As one of the previous posters just said, Pardew was a premiership manager before saints and he dropped down. You would expect Cortese to do the same again, so that would rule out no-one!

Eddie Howe would be ok.

I'd put him in the same category as Tisdale.A good up and coming manager, but NC is unlikely to appoint a manager to build over a couple of seasons.

He is more likely to appoint a name, possibly a 'proven one' such as Zola or Turdishley.Neither of whom I would want, and I'd prefer Howe or Tisdale to either of these frankly.