New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

marcus god rest his soul, knew absolutely nothing about football whatsoever,my guess is it was marcus' plaything/gift to cortese and the lier is making a mockery of us, by trying to run it himself instead of employing a chief exec. i spoke with howard wilkinson at a dinner and he told me on learning that i am a saint,that cortese contacted the fa asking who he could speak to for advice and the fa said hw, nc was ringing hw 3/4 times a day and after 6 weeks hw said to him and i quote"nicola i dont think you should ring me anymore as you obviously know more about running a football club than i do!!! hw found him obnoxious and unbearable.BELIEVE me

Err No !

Sounds like a load of drivel made up by you !

Substantiate it or go away!

would like to see the evidence of retraction,he would have caused more of a stink methinks.

i know i must seem so negative but im just not having the lies this guy puts out and then the way he disappears till the dust clears,get him to speak so his words cant be twisted,get him to a forum,so he cant hide behind prepared gobbledeegook,get him to tell the truth......truth is he cant/wont. Footballing nomark and lier to boot. The decks were cleared last year to save on the wages, understandable, but it was done with Pardews ok (apart from Lloyd)as long as we reinvested where required.2 full backs only ones in, oh sod it you know the rest. do something right nomark or we are in trouble.

OK, I'll try another way. Seeing as you despise this 'no mark' and 'liar' (lyer or lier?) and you believe Reed to be washed up and despised by just about all he has come into contact with, what are your thoughts on Nigel Adkins? What does Howard Wilkinson say about him? Surely if Reed and Cortese are so useless in their respective roles, if Adkins has any quality about him, he wouldn't have been appointed.

Your knowledge of Hart, again through Wilkinson, seems a little too blue. Tell me, was the information, happily advanced to you by Wilkinson (again), particularly the drinking part and qpr link, at the same dinner that you received the information about Cortese? Seems like a long conversation. That is unless you were at a Sports writers dinner or something very similar. I here Wilkinson represents well at those do's, doesn't do public events very often and certainly not lately.

Little more info please, I am very curious.

OK, I'll try another way. Seeing as you despise this 'no mark' and 'liar' (lyer or lier?) and you believe Reed to be washed up and despised by just about all he has come into contact with, what are your thoughts on Nigel Adkins? What does Howard Wilkinson say about him? Surely if Reed and Cortese are so useless in their respective roles, if Adkins has any quality about him, he wouldn't have been appointed.

Your knowledge of Hart, again through Wilkinson, seems a little too blue. Tell me, was the information, happily advanced to you by Wilkinson (again), particularly the drinking part and qpr link, at the same dinner that you received the information about Cortese? Seems like a long conversation. That is unless you were at a Sports writers dinner or something very similar. I here Wilkinson represents well at those do's, doesn't do public events very often and certainly not lately.

Sorry! Couldn`t resist!;)

echo later retracted.

Where is the evidence that AC Milan were after Cortese in the First Place running a League 1 club financed by a billionaire for a few months does not seem to be good experience for running one of the top jobs in Europe.

I have been very sceptical of of this episode in Cortese's stay at SFC and because of it I have never warmed to him.

I did not really mind Cortese sacking the manager as he is the boss but doing it at the beginning of the season and before the transfer window closed was pretty poor management unless there was a really compelling reason to do so.

Now we are in limbo until Adkins starts to make a difference to the team and with the apparent lethargy with the team it make take some time.

echo went with their "nicola who" article rubbishing the link, then guradian printed this Saint says no to Milan

If the club you own are the six-times European champions and you are looking for someone to join their board, sounding out the man who runs a club in the English League One would not normally be the first port of call. But that is precisely what appears to have occurred to the Milan owner and Italian prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, pictured. Nicola Cortese, Southampton's chairman, was recently approached by a representative for Berlusconi informing him of that gilded club's interest in taking him on. It is strongly possible that the contact was made on the recommendation of Giancarlo Giorgetti, an influential member of Berlusconi's Northern League party who just so happens to be a massive Saints fan. Just don't ask Digger why that is. But Cortese is understood to have declined the approach, favouring his current employment where he enjoys an adamantine relationship with the club's billionaire owner, Marcus Liebherr.

then echo retracted their "nicola who" confirming there was contact.

Not got a clue the truth of it but that is how it was reported in hard copy echos and guardian on line

echo went with their "nicola who" article rubbishing the link, then guradian printed this Saint says no to Milan

If the club you own are the six-times European champions and you are looking for someone to join their board, sounding out the man who runs a club in the English League One would not normally be the first port of call. But that is precisely what appears to have occurred to the Milan owner and Italian prime minister, Silvio Berlusconi, pictured. Nicola Cortese, Southampton's chairman, was recently approached by a representative for Berlusconi informing him of that gilded club's interest in taking him on. It is strongly possible that the contact was made on the recommendation of Giancarlo Giorgetti, an influential member of Berlusconi's Northern League party who just so happens to be a massive Saints fan. Just don't ask Digger why that is. But Cortese is understood to have declined the approach, favouring his current employment where he enjoys an adamantine relationship with the club's billionaire owner, Marcus Liebherr.

then echo retracted their "nicola who" confirming there was contact.

Not got a clue the truth of it but that is how it was reported in hard copy echos and guardian on line

translated from Giorgetti's Italian wikipedia page:

His main hobby is English football club Southampton. In 2001 he founded the Italian ITALIAN SAINTS fan club with his brother Francis.

http://www.italiansaints.it/

Edited by COMEONYOUREDS
added link

i think he will do well, there is no evidence to say that he wont, the squad is well good enough no matter what wilkins did to them, i have been told, and this is only on a lighter note that NA used to have sleepless nights at scunny!! good luck with cortese then.i f he s a decent fella as well he will be able to bring the lads around because the spirit and togetherness was /is still there from last year its just winkling it back out . everything nc did as ive posted before wasnt not helpful and the players see this, elsewhere its been posted that the staff at sms is wary of him, well the same applies to the TG he is not well liked at all and a feelgood factor is so important at a football club,we had it but he has eroded it,staff moral at an all time low just before AP sacked, staff not allowed to eat with players etc. anyway onwards and upwards we are good enough to make a run at it again, but this guy NC is hopeless. BELIEVE me!

i think he will do well, there is no evidence to say that he wont, the squad is well good enough no matter what wilkins did to them, i have been told, and this is only on a lighter note that NA used to have sleepless nights at scunny!! good luck with cortese then.i f he s a decent fella as well he will be able to bring the lads around because the spirit and togetherness was /is still there from last year its just winkling it back out . everything nc did as ive posted before wasnt not helpful and the players see this, elsewhere its been posted that the staff at sms is wary of him, well the same applies to the TG he is not well liked at all and a feelgood factor is so important at a football club,we had it but he has eroded it,staff moral at an all time low just before AP sacked, staff not allowed to eat with players etc. anyway onwards and upwards we are good enough to make a run at it again, but this guy NC is hopeless. BELIEVE me!

SO at the start of last season when we were doing equally badly, except with a ten point penalty, Cortese had just arrived at the club and morale/feel good factor was at an all time low. If everything Cortese has done has not been helpful, how did we go on to accumulate just under 80 points in the next 39 games?

SO at the start of last season when we were doing equally badly, except with a ten point penalty, Cortese had just arrived at the club and morale/feel good factor was at an all time low. If everything Cortese has done has not been helpful, how did we go on to accumulate just under 80 points in the next 39 games?

sorry i was refering to everything he has done from the last game of the season,no make that from jpt final, when he told the staff they had to win it for HIM, not ml, not the players, not the fans...HIM, that was the only time he travelled on the team coach, and he decided to sack the team analyst, a young lad who was saints mad and v good at his job. he did it because the physio made the analyst a cup of tea and he thought it was wrong as physio was senior to analyst. He has no clue about teamwork or teambuilding is a meddler and a lier, im sorry but i am not a happy bunny about this guy,BELIEVE me.think we'll win sat though. clear week with lads on tg and all that

sorry i was refering to everything he has done from the last game of the season,no make that from jpt final, when he told the staff they had to win it for HIM, not ml, not the players, not the fans...HIM, that was the only time he travelled on the team coach, and he decided to sack the team analyst, a young lad who was saints mad and v good at his job. he did it because the physio made the analyst a cup of tea and he thought it was wrong as physio was senior to analyst. He has no clue about teamwork or teambuilding is a meddler and a lier, im sorry but i am not a happy bunny about this guy,BELIEVE me.think we'll win sat though. clear week with lads on tg and all that

OK you're clearly just making it up as you go along now. you're obviously a skate on a windup. No, I don't BELIEVE you. Typing stuff in capitals doesn't make it more believable either

he decided to sack the team analyst, a young lad who was saints mad and v good at his job. he did it because the physio made the analyst a cup of tea and he thought it was wrong as physio was senior to analyst

Sorry, but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life. i know he's a bit hot-headed and has a slight ego, but what you posted there is pure fabricated fantasy.

Sorry, but that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read in my life. i know he's a bit hot-headed and has a slight ego, but what you posted there is pure fabricated fantasy.

I agree some of it was plausible the other day but now it now appears to be fantasy

I agree some of it was plausible the other day but now it now appears to be fantasy

Ive been reading Leftback since he started posting. He is obviously close to someone, of that I am positive, but as always there are two sides to every story.

He's given you something to work on - Go and speak to people at and around the club and find out if a young analyst was sacked.

If there wasn't, stick him on ignore

If there was, may be just may be, you might want to read what he has to say.

Or perphaps LeftBack is the analyst in question, who got sacked for being crap at his job and now has an axe to grind??? Can't imagine NC would be sacking a young and by implication junior employee of the club - after all he is too much of a megalomaniac to bother with such low creatures :-)

Or perphaps LeftBack is the analyst in question, who got sacked for being crap at his job and now has an axe to grind??? Can't imagine NC would be sacking a young and by implication junior employee of the club - after all he is too much of a megalomaniac to bother with such low creatures :-)

very plausible

What exactly does a "team analyst" do anyway....? Sounds like one of those made-up public sector jobs one sees advertised in the Guardian....

• 1 month later...