New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Have heard from three different sources O'Neill is being spoken to today. Curbishley was interviewed yesterday. O'Neill fancies the job but wants assurances from NC before committing.

Watch this space.

Wouldnt be suprised with curbs or o'neill. Cortese has been reported as wanting someone with promotion winning experience. Both have got their teams to the prem with charlton and leicester city. Altho Curbs assistant manager at charlton before pea**** was Reed. surely would have interested curbishley. altho i am a little worried, when he got the axe at west ham, he felt he would only drop as far

Sorry if already covered, but when solent said that 30 working managers have applied, what exactly does 'working' mean? Are they saying that all 30 applicants are currently employed, or that all 30 are recognised managers/coaches?

Sorry if already covered, but when solent said that 30 working managers have applied, what exactly does 'working' mean? Are they saying that all 30 applicants are currently employed, or that all 30 are recognised managers/coaches?

I believe they clarified it a little later to say that managers currently in jobs have applied, even some currently in the premiership.

Blackmore does seem to have a close contact in the club, but whether the info is fed as spin - who knows.

I believe they clarified it a little later to say that managers currently in jobs have applied, even some currently in the premiership.

Blackmore does seem to have a close contact in the club, but whether the info is fed as spin - who knows.

Ah thanks for that.

In which case, surely the actual number could be much higher when the currently unemployed managers are taken into account?

I think that part shows how unreliable this statement is likely to be. Which current premier manager would anyone see as thinking it's a step up to league 1? Theres only 20 so we should be able to guess....

My guess is none of them.

I am sure Blackmore does have good contacts in the club, he's a very amiable guy. What I don't believe is that Cortese has a close contact that would comment. I expect there will be some things that can be picked up by just working around Cortese, but a lot of that will involve guess work.

If it was up to me, I would keep waving increasing amounts of notes under Billy Davis's nose until he starts hyperventilating! I can't think of anyone better for the next couple of years, after is another issue.

Martin O'Neil is a pipe dream. Would be wonderful but i cant see it and honestly, why would he drop 2 divisions when in a couple of months time a Premiership job will come up somewhere.

Tony Mowbray however is a real possibility. Not a shoe in for a Prem job and the challenge of taking us up two divisions is well within his capabilities.

We would play football too. Connolly wouldnt have a crick in his neck watching the ball sail over his head for starters ;-)

I don't see what the attraction of Billy Davies is.

He got Derby promoted via the play-offs playing ugly football, who were then promptly relegated with a record lowest points total.

He then failed to get Forest promoted last season and I don't see them setting the league alight this season either.

And he's an ungracious winner, referring to his complete lack of any words in commisseration to Saints when Derby beat us on pens in the play-off semi-final.

One promotion with a team that hoofs it 4 years or so ago doesn't make me at all hopeful that he becomes our manager, which won't happen anyway.

I think that part shows how unreliable this statement is likely to be. Which current premier manager would anyone see as thinking it's a step up to league 1? Theres only 20 so we should be able to guess....

I think they mean maybe assistant coaches etc rather than 1st team managers being interested as they would be mad to leave the premiership for league 1!

I'm starting to get the feeling it might be Mowbray, his teams play the way Cortese wants, he's got promotion experience, been relatively successful wherever he's been with the exception of Celtic, and seems like he might be a bit less headstrong than Pardew. Probably still end up with Howe though.... :(

Think Mowbray would be a great appointment, likes to play good football which we are capable of and knows how to get promotion!

Billy Davis is a little **** a ****ing ****. Mowbray would be good for us. O'Neil would do well if his heart was in it. if we could prise Pearson from Hull that could work too, a good manager with prem potential and has naviagted L1 and Champ well. Whether he would and could leave Hull is debatable but possible.

Billy Davis is a little **** a ****ing ****. Mowbray would be good for us. O'Neil would do well if his heart was in it. if we could prise Pearson from Hull that could work too, a good manager with prem potential and has naviagted L1 and Champ well. Whether he would and could leave Hull is debatable but possible.

I would drive to hull and bring him back myself. I'm actually willing to risk driving through hull for that. Would absolutely love to see him back. Can't see it happening though.

jesus no one knows what c wants or the circumstances ap lefy under,may fans are opinionated thats there right but when running a business if you are in controll and you feel you have a bad egg for what ever reason you feel{.you have to react and respond.for the benifit of the company } thats why most of us are just workers and not running large corporations with all its problems and criticisms ,most would sack all the employees on some ocasions.just not real life wake up smell the coffee the chairman has not taken dividens like lowe and has always said he is only interest in the progression of the club,if he ****s it up he will fall on his own sword and the leibihers will remove him but we still have a club not in debt

jesus no one knows what c wants or the circumstances ap lefy under,may fans are opinionated thats there right but when running a business if you are in controll and you feel you have a bad egg for what ever reason you feel{.you have to react and respond.for the benifit of the company } thats why most of us are just workers and not running large corporations with all its problems and criticisms ,most would sack all the employees on some ocasions.just not real life wake up smell the coffee the chairman has not taken dividens like lowe and has always said he is only interest in the progression of the club,if he ****s it up he will fall on his own sword and the leibihers will remove him but we still have a club not in debt
Did you key that all in in French then use an online translator to convert it to pigeon English?

You know what would be the best thing about M O N being appointed, the hilarity in the national press on how they would report on it! If Cortese has any notion of revenge on the Sun or basically telling them where to go, he will do EVERYTHING he can to get MON, now that would be news, and the national press, well, lol, I would p*ss myself laughing!

I'm starting to get the feeling it might be Mowbray, his teams play the way Cortese wants, he's got promotion experience, been relatively successful wherever he's been with the exception of Celtic, and seems like he might be a bit less headstrong than Pardew. Probably still end up with Howe though.... :(

Just read about Mowbray on Wiki, and am amazed to read he is only 46,younger than Martin O'Neill so Mowbray could be a better option for a longer term if that is a criteria. Always thought Mowbray had been around for years...

One drawback with Mowbray might be his attachment with his spiritual home at 'Boro as I think we are all aware WGS may not last up there on current form.

Im surprised no ones mentioned that Pardew and Jaidi were having an affair! Cortese got jealous, and the rest is history.

Also, why is Keegan not being mentioned? Hed get my vote

because very few managers that go out of the game for a while come back and do well!

You know what would be the best thing about M O N being appointed, the hilarity in the national press on how they would report on it! If Cortese has any notion of revenge on the Sun or basically telling them where to go, he will do EVERYTHING he can to get MON, now that would be news, and the national press, well, lol, I would p*ss myself laughing!

I did have a similar chuckle to myself about that prospect.

"South Coast team in third tier appoints Premier League manager touted over the years as the next Man Utd or England manager". I wonder if they'd buy a picture?

I would drive to hull and bring him back myself. I'm actually willing to risk driving through hull for that. Would absolutely love to see him back. Can't see it happening though.

I think its unlikely, but as Hull aren't the most stable of clubs possible. He would be great for us. I would run up the motorway and carry him back. I think deep down that NC will go for a big appointment, may be proved wrong but can't see him going for Howe, Tisdale, Dowie, Hart etc. I think he will want an O Neil size appointment, be it MON or not.

That'll be Taffy Hughes for sure or that Wigan bloke who may want out before he's pushed

You have the wrong thread mate. But I do totally agree, It is strange. I mean... 5 navy planes in 1945 in one area...? That aint pilot error, i go for the more far out. For me... Bemini Road. There is without a doubt, an extra-terrestrial life form living under that seabed, and they just simply pluck em out of the sky. They will eventually get down there and investigate, but for now we will just have to be patient. Or................ Maybe they already have and what they found...? Well, Our innocent ears are just too delicate.

Ian Holloway? Probably not on massive money and there has been some upheaval at Blackpool in the boardroom at the start of the season, with Holloway talking of leaving if his boardroom ally leaves...

Ian Holloway? Probably not on massive money and there has been some upheaval at Blackpool in the boardroom at the start of the season, with Holloway talking of leaving if his boardroom ally leaves...

Holloways also in a bit of a dilemma about moving from the Bath area to 'up north' so SMS and Staplewood would be far handier for him, OK not a good enough motive but we could do a lot worse

I have to say, although this situation sucks, I do enjoy the rumour mill.

So far, from various friends I have heard....

Shearer spotted at SMS...

Strachan seen at West Quay...

O'Neill been at training ground...

Paul hart at SMS...

Phil Brown interview tomorrow...

Eddie Howe spoke to Cortese after Carling Cup game...

If they're all true we really are casting our net wide!

Before anyone creams themselves over MO'N, I suggest they read this...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/10/2063739/aston-villa-players-celebrate-martin-oneills-exit-by-texting

Puts things a little bit more into perspective and I am not so sure he would be good for the team at this moment in time particularly.

Before anyone creams themselves over MO'N, I suggest they read this...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/10/2063739/aston-villa-players-celebrate-martin-oneills-exit-by-texting

Puts things a little bit more into perspective and I am not so sure he would be good for the team at this moment in time particularly.

It seems that every manager "loses the dressing room" these days, Pards (according to rumours), MON, Brown at Hull etc etc...No doubt Sheff Utd fans are saying this about Blackwell as well.

Oh well, Paul Hart it is then.