New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

How is someone like Adkins, who has been successful expected to step up (as he deserves) if people show such a lack of respect to him. Everyone bangs on about giving young Managers a chance and then slagging them off when they get mentioned?

O'Neill isn't coming so are there really many better alternatives to a man who has achieved a lot with S****horpe? Remember he would be dropping down a league to join us!

How is someone like Adkins, who has been successful expected to step up (as he deserves) if people show such a lack of respect to him. Everyone bangs on about giving young Managers a chance and then slagging them off when they get mentioned?

O'Neill isn't coming so are there really many better alternatives to a man who has achieved a lot with S****horpe? Remember he would be dropping down a league to join us!

People said similar sort of things when Sturrock joined us ... look what happened !

Meh..... Underwhelmed

People said similar sort of things when Sturrock joined us ... look what happened !

Not the same.. Sturrock jumped up 2 leagues, Adkins, would be stepping down a league. A league that he has already got promoted twice from.

are they the same sky sources that said we'd approached paul hart?

Ah now THAT is different angle.

So we THINK we know that NC has interviewed about 4 people. Possibly all currently out of work.

There is one name on the list that is employed so we have to ask for permission to even talk (ie interview) him.

As NC came from "Business" no doubt he will be using the Topgrading Template (boring book BTW).

So Adkins is allowed to at least TALK to us and NC is driving up with an excel sheet

Phew. That was close

So much for the WOW factor,yeah i know,we are a league one side.

This is so opposite to what I thought NC would do as far as a manager is concerned.

Adkins has done well with scunny but he also got them relegated before getting them back to the ccc, he has never managed in the premiership so I still see this as a massive gamble.

One thing is for sure, the bums on seats will suffer for a while.

If he gets the job I'll support him 100%, buy I cannot get overley enthused by his appointment.

People said similar things when Hoddle joined Wolves and Tottenham. And he proved people wrong by being an utter, utter pathetic failure at both clubs. And a **** to boot as well.

I actually feel sorry for Adkins if he gets the job now. Not got the stature to attract players, not got the stature to excite the fans. I hope he can give a bit of confidence to the players which apparently he's good at but it looks like he's stepping into a vipers nest at the moment. Poor fella.

Hes got the stature to find and attract players that can get promoted to the championship, depsite having zero money. More than we achieved with a big wad of cash.

I actually feel sorry for Adkins if he gets the job now. Not got the stature to attract players, not got the stature to excite the fans. I hope he can give a bit of confidence to the players which apparently he's good at but it looks like he's stepping into a vipers nest at the moment. Poor fella.

Agree in many ways. Apart from MON or KK there are no really charismatic names put forward.

Even Howe , and Tisdale would get some latitude from the fans - albeit for a short period - due to youth and an ex -Saints connection.Adkins however is expected to go straight into battle and energise our dispirited squad immediately or have the fans breathing down his neck.Plus having to contend with Reed behind the scenes.

Hes got the stature to find and attract players that can get promoted to the championship, depsite having zero money. More than we achieved with a big wad of cash.

Will he cope with "expectation" and pressure though ? Something his "stature" has not faced before.

Well its a no brainer then, NC will not appoint MoN because he will not allow him control of transfers whereas the likes of Adkins will not kick up much of a fuss.

Its looks that way. when will chairman learn to leave it to the mangers to to get on with it. Interference never helps and just causes all sorts of problems. Its so depressing that we SEEM to have another chairman who is starting to come across as Lowe Mark 2. Cortese just wants a yes man.

Will he cope with "expectation" and pressure though ? Something his "stature" has not faced before.

I agree with this.

I worry that Adkins could be our Mike Walker - did a phenomenal job at Norwich, those of us old enough to remember Jeremy Goss and Bayern Munich yadda yadda.

But was at "his" club, and his comfort zone - stepping up to Everton really didn't work - away from "home" he was lost.

So I worry that Adkins is Scunny through and through - he knows his club inside out, he was the flipping physio. Is he the man to walk into SFC and own the place. I think that is what we need - charisma and leadership on and off the pitch.

That said, another manager came from a league below and is doing alright at Everton.

But I am not sure Adkins is another Moyes and if he comes he really needs to win, quickly.

Not the same.. Sturrock jumped up 2 leagues, Adkins, would be stepping down a league. A league that he has already got promoted twice from.

I think most would take the view that NA is not a name. Maybe that is what we need. Someone to just the the job done even if it is just getting us out for this league

Even Howe , and Tisdale would get some latitude from the fans - albeit for a short period - due to youth and an ex -Saints connection.Adkins however is expected to go straight into battle and energise our dispirited squad immediately or have the fans breathing down his neck.Plus having to contend with Reed behind the scenes.

Well in the first year he is only going to be 'expected' and 'pressured' to achieve promotion to the championship -which he has achieved twice before with less resource. It shouldnt present any special or new difficulties. Sure promotion to the premiership is a new ball game - but if he doesnt look up to it, and I think he would be, i'm sure hed be ditched for someone who was quite quickly.

Who do u think has been interviewed already phil and who u think we will get?

Only name I've heard on the interview stakes is KK

There was a bit more meat on the skype call that made it sound from a source totally nothing to do with the club or forum so I buy into that one as there was a logic to what had happened.

I also heard that Slaven Bilic MAY have been in the frame - links back with NC's buddy agent chappie. That one I don't think so, and also he MAY be watching Count Greenback at West Ham.

FA/FL rules are very clear though any manager has to have permission to talk so that MAY be why Adkins has now popped up - he's got an interview.

Other more wafted and non forum interviews were simply the Howe one.

One thought

NC plays his cards VERY close to his chest.

So he will not have leaked ANYTHING to the evil empire of media.

So how the HELL have we managed to ASSUME "It would be a manager with WOW factor". "NC will show the fans he means business"

Neither of those Solent/5Live leaks on Saturday seem any more accurate than the leak about an appointment today.

Take the WOW factor as being BS then things make more sense

Good point although we're looking to get promoted after getting to the championship so our ambition doesn't end there unlike S****horpe. I'm sure he's a good manager and if he gets the job then I wish him well but let's face it - he won't initially impress the players and he certainly won't initially impress the fans. His constant benchmark will be is he better than Pardew and my initial reaction is no. Course that's only my first impression and I hope I'm wrong but it looks as if the fella needs to get off to an absolute flyer to get the advantages that a "big" name would already have.

Underwhelmed isnt the word. Here are a few though...

Low Attendance

Lack of quality signings

League One

This is so opposite to what I thought NC would do as far as a manager is concerned.

Adkins has done well with scunny but he also got them relegated before getting them back to the ccc, he has never managed in the premiership so I still see this as a massive gamble.

One thing is for sure, the bums on seats will suffer for a while.

If he gets the job I'll support him 100%, buy I cannot get overley enthused by his appointment.

No disrespect to the guy, but yo yoing between L1 and Championship with Scunny doesn't rock my boat. My Whelmed would be very Undered indeed.

The word 'relegation' isn't one you'd like to have on your CV that's fo sure.

WOW Factor is virtually non existant and as a consequence crowds will plummet and a lot of players who joined on a Pardew/Cortese fast track dream to The Prem, may not have quite the same out look on ... (FFS I can't even remember the guys name .. ) Adkins/Atkins? ... and be honest until this week how many knew who he was, or even now what is Christian name is?

Ability to cope with the pressure of Automatic Promotion or Bust? Surviving a season in The Championship with Scunny this season would virtually gain him Hero status and fans offering their 18 year old virgin daughters to him in as a gesture of their appreciation. We however are a different kettle of fish, and most of our 18 year olds have 4 year old kids called Connor or Shane.

a Big Name isn't a guarantee of success I know (Forbes Phillipson Masters would be in charge of Chelsea by now otherwise!!), and to be honest I'd rather have AP here still than 95% of the names bandied about, but whoever comes in will get my 100% support unless it justifies otherwise., but maybe we should all be bracing ourselves for our next converstion with some gold digging or genuine Prem club fan when they say 'WHO?'

Only name I've heard on the interview stakes is KK

There was a bit more meat on the skype call that made it sound from a source totally nothing to do with the club or forum so I buy into that one as there was a logic to what had happened.

I also heard that Slaven Bilic MAY have been in the frame - links back with NC's buddy agent chappie. That one I don't think so, and also he MAY be watching Count Greenback at West Ham.

FA/FL rules are very clear though any manager has to have permission to talk so that MAY be why Adkins has now popped up - he's got an interview.

Other more wafted and non forum interviews were simply the Howe one.

One thought

NC plays his cards VERY close to his chest.

So he will not have leaked ANYTHING to the evil empire of media.

So how the HELL have we managed to ASSUME "It would be a manager with WOW factor". "NC will show the fans he means business"

Neither of those Solent/5Live leaks on Saturday seem any more accurate than the leak about an appointment today.

Take the WOW factor as being BS then things make more sense

Nail on head. 3 most important lines within 65 pages of posts.

Nobody knows who the new manager will be, therefore every post & thread is pure speculation, unless you are NC himself..