New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Why can't you just say who? I don't mean this in a rude way, I'm just wondering what it is that is stopping you from saying.

Hello mate. I can't speak for others but I did promise my source that I wouldn't pass on the info. It is totally up to them if they want to tell you, but I'm a man of my word. Sorry, dude, I know it's frustrating but we'll all know soon enough. Hang in there!

I was hoping that a new boss would be appointed today, so that he can hit the ground running at Staplewood tomorrow morning. We don't really have the luxury of time, the team need a combination of a lift and a kick up the arse.

Yes, the "mid-week" announcement doesn't really leave much time before the weekend.

I was hoping that a new boss would be appointed today, so that he can hit the ground running at Staplewood tomorrow morning. We don't really have the luxury of time, the team need a combination of a lift and a kick up the arse.

Good things come to those who wait...

I'll leave you with that thought.

eddie howe would be a great appointment IMO....

Howe might very well be a great appointment but I'm a little surprised to see you supporting it.I may be wrong but I thought last summer you were against the idea of a young manager with potential (Tisdale) was discussed at the time.Why do you see Howe as a better or safer option now ?

Howe might very well be a great appointment but I'm a little surprised to see you supporting it.I may be wrong but I thought last summer you were against the idea of a young manager with potential (Tisdale) was discussed at the time.Why do you see Howe as a better or safer option now ?

you are correct....last season we needed a bigger name to get players in and raise the profile of the club....in division 3, pardew helped to do that as he was on telly alot before he came to us etc etc...

now, we have a bloody good core of a team than needs a one or two additions to be even better....howe is proving to have the desire, nous etc to succeed

In all seriousness (and accepting that I've been as guilty as some on the p1ss take PM posts), I do know that the powers-that-be thought that AP was too old fashioned a manager. The implication was "too English".

This was just before the season started and I was left with the strong impression that there were problems with AP. Certainly, regarding transfers, I was told that AP had procrastinated a lot. The money was available. Initial meetings with players/agents would appear to go well, but then AP would find some reason or other afterwards about why he didnt want to sign them.

I was even told there was some doubt about whether AP's heart was really in the whole project, whether he really wanted to succeed. I think this was meant as a comment about lethargy etc., rather than suggesting deliberate espionage.

AP was unconvinced that Antonio was any more than an impact player and was worth having on loan but not as a permanent fixture. There were also big problems between Waigo and AP. The latter seeing the former as an NC signing and the former being uninterested in a permanent move if the latter was still in charge.

I have no idea what specifically triggered the AP sacking, but I was therefore unsurprised when it came.

It was also this meeting that gives rise to my view taht they will probably go for a foreign manager.

Deppo knows nothing.

Otherwise Claudio Foscarini would have become manager last week, bringing Matteo Ardemagni in on loan. Or was that not what you told us?

FFS! Don't post Patred's PM on here. You've thrown the whole thing into doubt. On your head be it. Numpty.

F O with the "I know something you don't, but won't say" - say it if you're going to (rumour, opinion or just thoughts), or go back to play school and play your make believe games there.

Less than 1% of the ITK are correct.

Fact - we will appoint a new manager at some point, who will not please everyone - £50 to the first person that can PROVE this is does not coem to pass!

To quote Donald Rumsfeld:

'Some of the knows know, most of the knows don't know, and some of the don't knows know. Most of the don't knows don't know and some of the knows know they don't know, just like the don't knows know they don't know, and don't really think that any of the knows know f*ck all'.

F O with the "I know something you don't, but won't say" - say it if you're going to (rumour, opinion or just thoughts), or go back to play school and play your make believe games there.

Less than 1% of the ITK are correct.

Fact - we will appoint a new manager at some point, who will not please everyone - £50 to the first person that can PROVE this is does not coem to pass!

My post from a few minutes ago on this thread is a 100% accurate summary of a one-on-one meeting I had with a senior individual at the club. Ignore it or not, I dont mind.

The new appointment is even more exciting than the prospect of me managing Saints.

£100 straight up if you correctly name the new appointment - PM me or otherwise - easy money that'd make Utaka envious.

P.S. You've only got till the end of the day - at your own pace now....

Edited by shurlock

you are correct....last season we needed a bigger name to get players in and raise the profile of the club....in division 3, pardew helped to do that as he was on telly alot before he came to us etc etc...

now, we have a bloody good core of a team than needs a one or two additions to be even better....howe is proving to have the desire, nous etc to succeed

Fair point,but do you think the players would respect and be motivated by a young manager such as Howe? I don't doubt his potential but question whether his possible appointment would motivate the squad.

To quote Donald Rumsfeld:

'Some of the knows know, most of the knows don't know, and some of the don't knows know. Most of the don't knows don't know and some of the knows know they don't know, just like the don't knows know they don't know, and don't really think that any of the knows know f*ck all'.

It's not him either. You can all bandy about names and quote coversations that you have had but I am not going to divulge. I'm sorry.

My post from a few minutes ago on this thread is a 100% accurate summary of a one-on-one meeting I had with a senior individual at the club. Ignore it or not, I dont mind.

Wasn't aimed at you SB - at least you said what you knew/heard/suspect etc. (whether it's true or not is not my issue - we can decide to believe what we read as you say), what gets me is tossers who say they know something but won't what that is - what is the point of even bothering to type something like that???? If you have nothing to say don't say it - simples :-)

I'm happy to offer £100 to anyone who can name the new manager at least 24 hours before the appointment being reported by SKY Sports News. And £50 if you can do it 12 hours before.

However, in order to avoid wild guesswork leading to a profit, you need to say when you heard and from who (you don't need to name them..."a steward" will do)

PM me to enter.

In the event of more than one eprson getting it right, the money goes to who got it right first.

Edited by SaintBobby
Sky SPORTS News...not Sky News

I'm happy to offer £100 to anyone who can name the new manager at least 24 hours before the appointment being reported by SKY Sports News. And £50 if you can do it 12 hours before.

However, in order to avoid wild guesswork leading to a profit, you need to say when you heard and from who (you don't need to name them..."a steward" will do)

PM me to enter.

In the event of more than one eprson getting it right, the money goes to who got it right first.

how many goes can I have?

PM me to enter.

worth its own thread.

KK and Shearer dream team, as I cannot pm.

Source - none really but have wow factor for me

PM me to enter.

We'll just deduct my winnings from what I owe you for the ST installments, right?

It is a frustrating time for all of us, I am sure. We will all find out very soon. I know how it feels guys - utterly frustrating, but hang in there and you won't be disappointed.

Can you answer these two questions which I dont think will give to much away and will protect your "source".

1. Is this "person" currently in a managerial role at another club?

2. Is this "person" British?

Can you answer these two questions which I dont think will give to much away and will protect your "source".

1. Is this "person" currently in a managerial role at another club?

2. Is this "person" British?

Jason - may I call you that? - even confirming it's a person would be putting too much at stake.

Rumours have been touted that Zola could quite possibly be next in line to be manager.

Now these rumours i have had given me are via the same people that put me onto the Do Prado signing.

They are Italian based and state that Cortese and Zola are longtime aquaintances...i initially stated on the Rovers build up thread that i was led to believe that if we lose that Pardew would be ousted,seems a 0-4 away win will not satisfy Cortese.

As for Zola,mmm, i'm not sure he is the man for the job.

What do you think?

PM me to enter.

I will refer you to the opening post on this thread,originally dated 30 August,gotta be worth more that £100,

:)

Edited by saint lard

Jason - may I call you that? - even confirming it's a person would be putting too much at stake.

Why would repeating a rumour derail the appointment of a manager? This is a forum for discussing rumour and opinions - if you claim to know just post it

All this "I know but can't say" stuff is ****** - if you can't say then say nothing at all.