New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

An able Businessman would not have sacked his team Manager at this time. He would have sacked him at the end of last season to give the new man time to be selected and build the squad ahead of this season. An able Businessman would also communicate better with customers and not alienate them in the ways that Cortese has done. Cortese is not an able Businessman, he has a background in banking which is about investing in businesses run by able Businessmen. Cortese picked the right business to invest Marcus's money in but made the mistake of thinking that made him the right person to run it.

But we dont know why he sacked Pardew... Maybe the circumstances demanded that Pardew HAD to go now. Maybe if any of us knew the facts we would do the same thing. The problem is none of us know the facts.

Edited by landford.saint
grammar (or is that grammer)

As Benjii said "any half competant manager can get us promoted"

Who do you expect ?? Sir Alex, Arsene, Hodgson ???

Take Heart from Hart, He's a proven Top Level Manager

Who is currently out of work

Three million unemployed would say they fancy the job if geiven a chance

Cortese only has CHOICES from people who are AVAILABLE

And the ones that are available are normally proven FAILURES

Isn't that usually always the case with the manager merry go round? Strachan failed at Coventry when he came here, Pardew failed at Charlton. Holloways failed at Leicester but has worked miracles at Blackpool.

An able Businessman would not have sacked his team Manager at this time. He would have sacked him at the end of last season to give the new man time to be selected and build the squad ahead of this season. An able Businessman would also communicate better with customers and not alienate them in the ways that Cortese has done. Cortese is not an able Businessman, he has a background in banking which is about investing in businesses run by able Businessmen. Cortese picked the right business to invest Marcus's money in but made the mistake of thinking that made him the right person to run it.

Couple of things on that,

If you commit gross misconduct then you are liable to be sacked straight away. doesnt matter what time of year it is or what the implications are. You screw up and you are gone. So "IF" Pards has done something wrong that equates to gross misconduct then the timeing is arse biscuits for us but cant be helped for the club.

Big IF though as its only rumour but it would make sense if it were to have any truth in the rumour.

I think someone else posted somewhere about NC's background and it had a fair bit to do with Sport so not all banking. It doesnt make him the best man to run a fotball club of course and I guess he is on a very steep learning curve. But if I won the Euro Millions last year and bought the club then I would be even less qualified to run it but would still have a dam good go at it, as would anyone else.

So far NC has tried to get in the best people to fill the roles needed at the club. He has sanctioned the transfers of the leagues best players and 1 or 2 from higher levels. He has brought in some top quality people behind the scenes in an attempt to attract the best youth to our club and create the best development for that youth. Our youth development has always been good and he wants it to be better. If that can be achieved then it can only bode well for our 1st team and our future.

The good things he has done at our club out weigh the annoying things IMO. Its certainly worth giving it more time to see if the effect he is trying to have on the club turns out to be a good effect. So far we have had our best season since 2003 and are promotion favs this season. even after a flakey start and losing pards we are still one of the favs to go up.

Lets see what happens next with the manager appointment and see how succesful that is. if promotion is not achieved this season then there will be questions asked from top to bottom and I doubt NC will be too happy that the investment is not working to plan and he will take action.

genuinely interested - why would Brown be such a poor choice?

Stumped me too. He got a pretty rubbish team into the premiership and kept them there. Could have kept them there for at least another season for all we know. I'd be very happy with him. Seems to be chomping at the bit to get back into work.

He lost his way with Hull towards the end, but ultimately he got them into the Premiership, which was a damn fine acheivement.

Seems a bit of a self publicist, and a bit slimy, but I wouldn't care if we were winning.

I think he lost the plot in his final year. Made all kinds of claims that were later proved to not be true. Think he was good, had his head turned by the big time and ended up turning on a team who were giving their best (just not good enough for prem).

Edited by buctootim

If you commit gross misconduct then you are liable to be sacked straight away. doesnt matter what time of year it is or what the implications are. You screw up and you are gone. So "IF" Pards has done something wrong that equates to gross misconduct then the timeing is arse biscuits for us but cant be helped for the club.

Big IF though as its only rumour but it would make sense if it were to have any truth in the rumour.

I think someone else posted somewhere about NC's background and it had a fair bit to do with Sport so not all banking. It doesnt make him the best man to run a fotball club of course and I guess he is on a very steep learning curve. But if I won the Euro Millions last year and bought the club then I would be even less qualified to run it but would still have a dam good go at it, as would anyone else.

So far NC has tried to get in the best people to fill the roles needed at the club. He has sanctioned the transfers of the leagues best players and 1 or 2 from higher levels. He has brought in some top quality people behind the scenes in an attempt to attract the best youth to our club and create the best development for that youth. Our youth development has always been good and he wants it to be better. If that can be achieved then it can only bode well for our 1st team and our future.

The good things he has done at our club out weigh the annoying things IMO. Its certainly worth giving it more time to see if the effect he is trying to have on the club turns out to be a good effect. So far we have had our best season since 2003 and are promotion favs this season. even after a flakey start and losing pards we are still one of the favs to go up.

Lets see what happens next with the manager appointment and see how succesful that is. if promotion is not achieved this season then there will be questions asked from top to bottom and I doubt NC will be too happy that the investment is not working to plan and he will take action.

C'est le mot de jour.... le nutshell.

Complete rumour, from an unknown source to me, but what the heck, this is the "manager gossip" section, despite probably being lambasted here... have heard Dennis Bergkamp. No idea if he's even coaching - seems unlikely in terms of a lack of a track record in the UK (as a coach), but I guess fits the bill in terms of the "big name". There's got to be better candidates than him?

Oh good, someone who speaks a little sense.

Because they don't know for sure that he wouldn't. It's hope. What's wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing, it's my hope too, however chances are he'll be the next England manager now that the FA have adjusted their statement from having to be english to british.

MON does however like to be in control of everything which would/could cause problems. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Complete rumour, from an unknown source to me, but what the heck, this is the "manager gossip" section, despite probably being lambasted here... have heard Dennis Bergkamp. No idea if he's even coaching - seems unlikely in terms of a lack of a track record in the UK (as a coach), but I guess fits the bill in terms of the "big name". There's got to be better candidates than him?

Upon retiring from playing Bergkamp insisted he would not move into coaching. He turned down an offer to scout for Arsenal and instead concentrated on travelling and spending time with his family. However, in May 2008 he began a fast-track coaching diploma for former Dutch international footballers. Because of his Aviophobia, he will study under Arsène Wenger in London.[6]

It has been confirmed by Marco van Basten that Bergkamp has undertaken a trainee role at Ajax which will help him establish himself in a future coaching capacity.[7]

He has reiterated that he would not turn down an opportunity for a coaching role at Arsenal, stating “I wouldn’t rule out [working at Arsenal in some capacity], I really love this club and the country and I love working here".

Because he's a poor manager who had one good run with Hull which continued into the first few months of the premiership, then completely imploded and they never recovered. They stayed up because the other teams were somehow even worse, then he celebrated by singing on the pitch when his team had lost the game, and stayed up despite winning about 1 in 15 or something. He fell to pieces under the pressure, bollocked his team on the pitch when they just weren't good enough, and signed some absolute ****. plus he's orange and wears a headset like he's working in a ****ing call centre.

I have to agree with every word of that

Absolutely nothing, it's my hope too, however chances are he'll be the next England manager now that the FA have adjusted their statement from having to be english to british.

MON does however like to be in control of everything which would/could cause problems. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Since when has O'Neill been British?

Dennis Bergkamp has been doing his coaching levels the last years at Ajax and his beloved ARSENAL......I wonder if Saints will be his FIRST port of call as a manager......personally I think h will be FECKING great !!

You heard it hear ....second ( - ;

Have you stolen Saint Richmond's magic keyboard? ;)

Unlikely to happen I know, but I think that Gus Poyet could tick a lot of boxes from NC's point of view. I have also heard that he said that if he were managing Southampton he wouldn't take his salary if we were not promoted.

Where did you hear this?

Edited by Deppo

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

So yes, a UK citizen, but born in Northern Ireland, therefore, Irish, not British. Although that view probably depends on your religion. *roll eyes thing*

I think you'll find that people from Northern Ireland are British citizens. Although they do have the option to take up Irish citizenship or both.

Since when has O'Neill been British?

The British (also known as Britons, informally Brits, or archaically Britishers) are citizens of the United Kingdom, of the Isle of Man, one of the Channel Islands, or of one of the British overseas territories, and their descendants.[22][23][24] In a historical context, the term refers to the ancient Britons, the indigenous inhabitants of Great Britain south of the Forth.[23] British nationality law governs modern British citizenship and nationality, which are acquired, for instance, by birth in the UK or by descent from British nationals.

Unlikely to happen I know, but I think that Gus Poyet could tick a lot of boxes from NC's point of view. I have also heard that he said that if he were managing Southampton he wouldn't take his salary if we were not promoted. He was not angling for the job - more commenting on the circumstances.

Where did you hear this?

He has recently signed a 4 year contract with Brighton, and as we are all well aware, footballers always honour their contracts to the letter.

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

So yes, a UK citizen, but born in Northern Ireland, therefore, Irish, not British. Although that view probably depends on your religion. *roll eyes thing*

United kingdom includes Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain nand Northern Ireland are seperate entities, Which is why the title is THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND

oRso i was informed at school many years ago. but I am now old am and senile so coulod be completely wrong.

I have to agree with every word of that

so its bascally b'cos you think he is a poor manager (despite his record) b'cos nothing else has any relevance. the headset is so he can speak to his assitant in the stands looking down on the pitch with a better view. i think its a very good idea - if you actually went to a game and sat up high you'd notice what a good overal picture you get. much easier to see how differetn areas can be exploited than at pitch level

United kingdom includes Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain nand Northern Ireland are seperate entities, Which is why the title is THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND

oRso i was informed at school many years ago. but I am now old am and senile so coulod be completely wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_citizen#Classes_of_British_nationality

Its actually Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Kingdom INCLUDES Northern Ireland.

Yes, but that doesn't exclude those born in Northern Ireland from being British. I guess it depends of points of view. Technically you don't need to be born in "Great Britain (i.e. England, Wales or Scotland)" to be "British".