New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

Shows everything that's thick about football fans doesn't it.

Things that don't seem to matter regarding a win ratio -

League

Players

Financial resources

Expectation

Stage in career

Number of jobs

Injuries

Style of play

Promotions

Titles

Pretty much everything. The win ratio last season tells us Benitez did a far better job than Hodgson. If you think it means anything, you're a moron.

Or that fans who know about football are able to overlay all the things they know about the game onto such a table to come up with their own opinion by interpreting the data accordingly.

If you want to go and overlay budget (signings and wages) as well as apply a scoring to take into account results in different leagues/cups/champions league etc then you go ahead most other (intelligent) fans are able to have a stab at identifying the strongest candidates without having all that information, ie Mowbray achieved most of his wins in the division above ours, he didn't have ridiculous money to spend and as such would be a good bet for us.

O'Neill managed both Leicester and Villa in the prem and as such a lot of his wins were in the prem and although he spent money at Villa he didn't at Leicester, again not rocket science (I'm ignoring Celtic because I don't know what his record there proves).

Oh a new one.

His contract with Croatia has finished and he thought he was getting the WHU job so he's been interviewed by us

Slaven Bilic.

And KK has been interviewed.

Both sourced from the taxi driver bloke that apparently has contracts with some Estate Agents who date people that work in Hotels

So you are an out of work Manager.

A plum vacancy unexpectedly arises. You are interested.

Now all you need is to call Directory Enquiries and find NC's mobile number....

Oh. So that won't happen.

So what you do is you call people you know in Football to see who may have his number or email address. OR you ask your agent to do it.

Which means that someone in football knows you are interested

Which means you would follow progress and maybe have a little flutter if they let you know they had got past the first hurdle of finding out how to apply for the job.

But of course these people have reputations and respect in football circles so will not be coming out and making public statements. They will drop little hints

Which is why we have something like 47,956 alleged leaks finding their way onto here

So what you do is you call people you know in Football to see who may have his number or email address. OR you ask your agent to do it.

Which means you would follow progress and maybe have a little flutter if they let you know they had got past the first hurdle of finding out how to apply for the job.

But of course these people have reputations and respect in football circles so will not be coming out and making public statements. They will drop little hints

Which is why we have something like 47,956 alleged leaks finding their way onto here

Or possibly get your agent to enquire anonymously?

Edited by buctootim

Not sure why we're all so interested really, it'll only be for a year then we'll do it all over again.

sadly that is true and should be an important factor in the clubs decision.

To me that is why Eddie Howe should get the job.He is loyal and would stay for the long run

sadly that is true and should be an important factor in the clubs decision.

To me that is why Eddie Howe should get the job.He is loyal and would stay for the long run

He is loyal and stay for the long run? What after leaving Bmuff after that amazingly long amount of time. lol. Come on Nick!

Edit: If he did come to Saints.

He is loyal and stay for the long run? What after leaving Bmuff after that amazingly long amount of time. lol. Come on Nick!

Edit: If he did come to Saints.

He has turned down opportunities to leave already. He was a good servant to B'mouth as a player. I suspect he knows what an opportunity the Saints job is and it could be a long time until another like it came along. If he was very successful (in fact if any manager is) I doubt they will stay like TB did.

He would accept there is only so far he can take the Cherries.

Or write a letter (remember them?) to

Nicola Cortese

Southampton Football Club

St. Mary's Stadium

Southampton

I'm sure it would get there, even if you couldn't be arsed to find the proper address.

Shows everything that's thick about football fans doesn't it.

Things that don't seem to matter regarding a win ratio -

League

Players

Financial resources

Expectation

Stage in career

Number of jobs

Injuries

Style of play

Promotions

Titles

Pretty much everything. The win ratio last season tells us Benitez did a far better job than Hodgson. If you think it means anything, you're a moron.

managers.th.png

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9527/managers.png

I have created the following spreadsheet based on the people in the betting (and where I could find their manager stats). Instead of taking a flat win % into account, look at the percentage of games that people actually got points it makes for interesting reading. (and yes am bored at work!)

very infrequent poster but avid reader of this forum.

if an upcoming english manager is to be considered, what about Aldershot's Kevin Dillon?

OK accept very unproven but doing wonders currently.

Discuss as you wish

for me too much of a Pompey connection

There are a lot of posters who have been busy telling us who it is not going to be but without telling us who it actually is. When they are found out i.e when the manager is appointed from the huge list of those who it is not going to be can they those posters be banned from posting for ever for wasting my time .

A positive statement - it WILL be Martin O'Neill but I could be wrong!

:lol:

Or possibly get your agent to enquire anonymously?

Yeah but how does the agent get the mobile number in the first place....

He rings someone up for it and maybe sounds out what gossip they had heard....

Like that works anonymously - Hello is that XYZ? Yeah I heard you flogged a dead horse to NC, you got his mobile number? Nah mate I can't tell you whom I am...

OK look alright - it's another way of indicating that some posters may have links to people who are agents who may or maynot have allegedly had mysterious Weston Saint style phone calls

And would somebody chasing a job like this really use snail mail?

OK this is a bit naughty and I apologise but I can't resist it. Not attention seeking either just as impatient as the rest of you because other than this chap and the fact Howe has had an interview I haven't an inkling who our next manager is, and only know about these two people from sources well away from the club.

I know for a fact at least one ex-Saint based overseas has definately applied for the job.

Please no PMs as I am not at liberty to disclose who it is.

Don't think he will get it but you never know.

After

OK this is a bit naughty and I apologise but I can't resist it. Not attention seeking either just as impatient as the rest of you because other than this chap and the fact Howe has had an interview I haven't an inkling who our next manager is, and only know about these two people from sources well away from the club.

I know for a fact at least one ex-Saint based overseas has definately applied for the job.

After

are you still confident in what you are hearing after Hoew denying it?

After

does it matter if you tell us..?

you drop a hint...people want to know..so say

what will happen to this person if you tell us..?

does it matter if you tell us..?

you drop a hint...people want to know..so say

what will happen to this person if you tell us..?

The person will self-destruct.

Rule 1012 of knowing anything.

I think I know who FF is alluding to.

That would be more than WOW - I think I'd cry.

BTW, I sat on his knee once whilst in Junior Saints. :lol:

what rubbish!! Id rather come seventh in the PL and reach an FA cup final with GS.Turgid football???? teams were scared of us under him! Come on home WGS I say!!!

Come on, I loved the guy but some of the football was hard to watch, I know, I was there, when it clicked ie MARSDEN it was nice and flowing, but there was a good quantity of yawn footy as well. I would still probably have him back though despite what the borough fans think of him.

After

Bring back Ivan Golac & let the good times roll!!!

WGS .....Just got the team playing attacking football with width when we had the had the ball and got the players mega fit so that they could press the opposing team like mad when we didnt have the ball.

No other manager since has had the team as fit or as well drilled.

Football isnt an overly complicated game , a well drilled competent fit TEAM can come out winners regularly over more technically gifted players.

Greece in the Euros a prime example.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Just spotted this on 606 from a Norwich fan, he's genuine as I spoke to him quite alot last year on there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F18686527?thread=7742952&show=50

Paul Lambert anyone...? I myself can't see it, but this is football.

Edit: The general vibe is that it's a wind up, maybe he can be a bit of a tee-wat. haha. All this gossip is driving me nuts!

Edited by saintscottofthenortham

Victor Chandler have just stopped accepting bets on Nigel Adkins who was 3/11 on to take the job after O'Neill rallied this morning to evens favourite and now out at 8/1. Sky Bet are the only other bookie accepting bets with Adkins at 1/2 and O'Neill out at 4/1. Brown still in with a shout at 2/1.

Who knows!! I would expect a PR imminently but as some of you mentioned ol' NC will probably do it at 12:01 in the morning!