New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

This man??

The former Stockport, Blackpool. Leeds United, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday player has had a series of short managerial reigns in the 18 months. After being appointed permanent manager following his caretaker spell at The Saints south coast rivals Portsmouth in July 2009, he was dismissed after just 13 games in charge after only two wins.

In under a month, Hart was back in employment being named QPR manager a day after Jim Magilton’s exit from the Championship club. He lasted only 5 games at Loftus road before leaving.

In March, Hart joined Crystal Palace after Neil Warnock left to take Hart’s old QPR position. After the club entered administration the play-off battle was substituted for a relegation battle following the 10 point deduction. Given the task of keeping them in the league, he did so with a 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday, a result which relegated the hosts, a game they had to win to send Palace down in their place.

Since July 2009, spanned across his three Clubs Hart had overseen 22 games, his clubs have won just 6 times.

Prior to Portsmouth promotion Hart had a 16 game spell in charge of Rushden, where they won 4, drew 4, lost 8. He began his managerial career in charge of Chesterfield, where he achieved his highest win percentage of his managerial career 34.24%. He was sacked in 1991 following a disagreement with his chairman. Ten years later, with a spell at Leeds United’s youth academy (which provided most of the players for their David O’Leary reign) Hart became Nottingham Forest manager succeeding David Platt. In February 2004 he was sacked and later took over at Barnsley

Could Hart be advising Cortese on who to go for ?

(clutching at straws, I know...)

Ha thats a major straw clutch mate! If we do end up with Paul Hart thats the end of our season utterly utterly underwhelmed with alot of the bosses we seem to be being linked with! I do however have a feeling we will end up with some foriegn 1st team coach to fit into NC's more continetal based approach meaning Les Reed has more clout when it comes to transfers etc Not a good set up IMO

this man???

The former Stockport, Blackpool. Leeds United, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday player has had a series of short managerial reigns in the 18 months. After being appointed permanent manager following his caretaker spell at The Saints south coast rivals Portsmouth in July 2009, he was dismissed after just 13 games in charge after only two wins.

In under a month, Hart was back in employment being named QPR manager a day after Jim Magilton’s exit from the Championship club. He lasted only 5 games at Loftus road before leaving.

In March, Hart joined Crystal Palace after Neil Warnock left to take Hart’s old QPR position. After the club entered administration the play-off battle was substituted for a relegation battle following the 10 point deduction. Given the task of keeping them in the league, he did so with a 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday, a result which relegated the hosts, a game they had to win to send Palace down in their place.

Since July 2009, spanned across his three Clubs Hart had overseen 22 games, his clubs have won just 6 times.

Prior to Portsmouth promotion Hart had a 16 game spell in charge of Rushden, where they won 4, drew 4, lost 8. He began his managerial career in charge of Chesterfield, where he achieved his highest win percentage of his managerial career 34.24%. He was sacked in 1991 following a disagreement with his chairman. Ten years later, with a spell at Leeds United’s youth academy (which provided most of the players for their David O’Leary reign) Hart became Nottingham Forest manager succeeding David Platt. In February 2004 he was sacked and later took over at Barnsley

I was at the palace - sheff weds game last day of last season in the palace end with a mate, and the palace fans had certainly taken to him. They put on a fantastic display that day.

Having said that, I am gutted Pardew has been given the boot and would be more than underwhelmed if Hart is the man we choose to replace him.

This man??

The above is the reason why this must all be a wind up!!!! Would be suicide of NC to appoint this man as manager.

I still think we will be surprised when the new man is announced.....I am finding it very hard to believe anything as disappointing and demoralising as appointing Hart will happen. My gut tells me it will come out of the blue! And now I really hope that's true!

I dont know whether to laugh or cry. If Pardew hasnt satisfied Cortese with this clubs performances in the past year, how the hell is Paul Hart going to manage it?

This would be clear-cut evidence that NC is looking to appoint a yes-man, and would mean NC has finally reached Lowe's depths of competence.

Now the initial shock that we may appoint Paul Hart has sunk in..

Those that thought sacking AP was a good move....must feel vindicated:lol:

I will just laugh if we actually do appoint him and take all the garbage quoted from Cortese

to be just as laughable..:lol:

If everyone falls out again, we could be well and truely fooked.

I hope this is the club playing chinese whispers, to build up momentum for a grande management signing...

it will cerainly need to be impressive, everyone (majority) loved AP.

Hart would actually put me off going, the stupid skate ****. hes an established loser

or at least i wouldnt look forward to saturdays anymore, and certainly would not buy anymore tickets for games outside of my ST.

BBC South Today not giving Hart a mention - I'm more inclined to trust them than Sky TBH

Paul Hart, no way, he is as useful as a concrete parachute, should it happen and I do not believe it, then forget promotion this season, followed by a load of transfer requests.

Oh my god.

Surely not Paul Hart or Tony Adams, both are double agents like Redknapp and would sink us down even further. Does Cortese not know anything about our history.

Neither of these are stayers and neither have achived anything.

We were lucky to have Pardew and either of these two IS a backwards step..FACT!

This would be clear-cut evidence that NC is looking to appoint a yes-man, and would mean NC has finally reached Lowe's depths of competence.

Without doubt it will be a 200% Cortese YES MAN, and there is very little to choose between Lowe's Way and Cortese's Way

What makes me laugh is Cortese's view that he really thinks that the Five Year Plan is still achievable. It just goes to show exactly how well he knows the running of a Football Club. It is NOT 100% Business Cortese, it has a life and soul too

We will most likely get some well established Manager, who is currently desperately seeking employment, because he has been massively successful in the past. Like Zola

Funny old game innit ??

Just when you think things are coming together, along comes Dictator Cortese to show he's Boss

The man is an idiot, and no longer working to Markus Leibherr's script IMHO