New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

So lets recap on what we know for sure...

AP was sacked because of a training ground bust up with the staff, couldn't work with some of the players, reacted badly to the Guly signing, couldn't get money for signings, didn't spend money on signings, didn't get the right result at the Orient (ML memorial) game and was having an affair with one or more players wives (allegedly) while talking about the vacant job at Villa. ML wanted him sacked last season but NC helped to keep him in place until now, although AP and NC never got on and had their own separate ideas for running the club, all against the background of poor results and signings made by AP, NC or a committee of 4.

NC made a snap decision to sack AP and his mates on Sunday despite having made up his mind last season and/or persuading ML to keep AP to see how results went until well into the new season - about 3 or 4 games. Now NC has to bring in the management team he has had in the wings for over a month i.e. Zola and Steve Coppell - or sift through a list of around 200 applicants, most of whom have this week been seen in the directors box, in the car park or breakfasting at the De Vere. The list includes every manager currently in or out of work in this country or abroad, alive or dead.

Don't take my word for all this - its just what I've heard.

AP was sacked because of a training ground bust up with the staff, couldn't work with some of the players, reacted badly to the Guly signing, couldn't get money for signings, didn't spend money on signings, didn't get the right result at the Orient (ML memorial) game and was having an affair with one or more players wives (allegedly) while talking about the vacant job at Villa. ML wanted him sacked last season but NC helped to keep him in place until now, although AP and NC never got on and had their own separate ideas for running the club, all against the background of poor results and signings made by AP, NC or a committee of 4.

NC made a snap decision to sack AP and his mates on Sunday despite having made up his mind last season and/or persuading ML to keep AP to see how results went until well into the new season - about 3 or 4 games. Now NC has to bring in the management team he has had in the wings for over a month i.e. Zola and Steve Coppell - or sift through a list of around 200 applicants, most of whom have this week been seen in the directors box, in the car park or breakfasting at the De Vere. The list includes every manager currently in or out of work in this country or abroad, alive or dead.

:lol: Excellent summary.

Been busy our Al, eh ?

:lol:

Did you hear it from a steward?

:lol:

Did you hear it from a steward?

No, it was my mate's wife who makes the tea at the training ground during the day and prints the echo on her night shift - she got the tip off from a player's wife who spoke to an agent that also works as a translator for NC and moonlights as a press office security guard.

so what you are saying is WE KNOW NOTHING and the only people who know the reasons for the sacking are NC and those that were sacked! the only person who prob knows his targets are NC himself! so stop listening to the bull**** and wait patiently for the announcement on the OS! I agree with this if that is what you are saying! In NC I trust

Although Hull City were still in the Premier League when Brown was sacked earlier this year, he would consider returning to management in League One and is now hoping to speak with Southampton chairman Nicola Cortese.

Southampton have no preferred candidate at this stage but Cortese would like Southampotn's next manager to promote an attacking style of football and to have past experience of winning promotions. Hull City were 22nd in the Championship when Brown was appointed in 2006 and, within two years, he had guided them into the Premier League.

“I was very surprised on Monday morning to hear Alan Pardew had been sacked but Southampton would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who has the ambition to get back to the Premiership so of course I would be interested,” said Brown.

"I would like to think I’ll get an opportunity to speak to Southampton and hearing what they have to say. Southampton were unfortunate to find themselves in League One, for whatever reason, but it is a club steeped in tremendous history and tradition

Although Hull City were still in the Premier League when Brown was sacked earlier this year, he would consider returning to management in League One and is now hoping to speak with Southampton chairman Nicola Cortese.

Southampton have no preferred candidate at this stage but Cortese would like Southampotn's next manager to promote an attacking style of football and to have past experience of winning promotions. Hull City were 22nd in the Championship when Brown was appointed in 2006 and, within two years, he had guided them into the Premier League.

“I was very surprised on Monday morning to hear Alan Pardew had been sacked but Southampton would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who has the ambition to get back to the Premiership so of course I would be interested,” said Brown.

"I would like to think I’ll get an opportunity to speak to Southampton and hearing what they have to say. Southampton were unfortunate to find themselves in League One, for whatever reason, but it is a club steeped in tremendous history and tradition

In other words, Phil Brown's been approached by a journalist asking him about the Saints job. He's said just what you'd expect an out-of-work manager to say in the circumstances. Is this quote from the Echo Nick? An earlier post alluded to an upcoming article on Phil Brown in that esteemed organ, so I was wondering if this might be it.

Please god no to Brown. He is a tosser of the highest order and I dont think he has proven himself as a better manager than Alan Pardew. For Cortese to sack Pardew he needs to replace him with someone who has a higher standing than him. The only person I can think of who is available is Martin O'Neill. Pay him whatever he wants and give him some money to spend on transfers and he will get us successive promotions in my opinion. He just might fancy a project like Southampton as well...

In other words, Phil Brown's been approached by a journalist asking him about the Saints job. He's said just what you'd expect an out-of-work manager to say in the circumstances. Is this quote from the Echo Nick? An earlier post alluded to an upcoming article on Phil Brown in that esteemed organ, so I was wondering if this might be it.

It's in the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/7974725/Phil-Brown-eager-to-replace-Alan-Pardew-as-Southampton-manager.html?

F*ck off Tango Man, you brown nosing arse licker. Would rather have Branfoot back than you.

I'd like to think you won't get the opportunity to speak to Southampton. You had a good season culminating in a play-off win, and a good first season in the Premier where you nearly bankrupted your club. You then did a half-time team talk on the centre circle to try and make yourself look good, and all you achieved was alienating the prima donnas you assembled in the first place. At least Hull have got a decent manager now, who I would prefer over you as Saints manager any day of the week.

It's amazing how many of you get such information from the stewards when i struggle to get as much as a hello from the rude bastards on the turnstiles

Only the other night a steward whispered to me "sit down" and "I wouldnt do that if I was you mate" which I took to mean Pardew was on his way out and that I shouldnt park in the spot reserved for Martin O'neill.

So you are prepared to admit right now that you will judge any new signing on one game?

I can't believe any intelligent person would write off a player on one game, let alone a game we were always going to lose. He might be **** or great but one game means bugger all. You wonder why you get abuse, but there it is, for the millionth time this season, you say something ridiculous, then take something even more stupid as proof you were right and get so excited you need to tell everyone immediately.

I thought you were just negative, maybe playing a character, trying to be a 'forum celebrity' or whatever, but now I'm starting to think it's more simple than that....you're just a bit thick.

But without being too abusive, I'll try and explain it one more time, because I want you to finally understand and I'm just thick enough to think there's any chance.

It's your reasoning that doesn't make sense. This is just one example - new foreign signing, he's not what we need, won't perform, yet you have never seen him, know nothing about him. It doesn't matter how he turns out, what you've said is flawed from the start because it's based on nothing. The player might be awful or might be brilliant, but either way you don't know, yet you're making these claims before he's played. Then you try to prove yourself right, but it doesn't make sense. do you see what I'm getting at? it's like saying we'll lose every game then when we lose saying 'look, I was right again'. why does it have to be about being right anyway? are there points for it? do you honestly think this way? you sit there thinking yes I was right again, after one game? should we give all signings one game? what if he'd been brilliant? would he then be a wonderful signing? no, it would be too early to tell. just lay off the endless 'i was right' rubbish, think a bit more and actually use some common sense, and maybe the abuse will stop.

So, its OK for others to say "Guly is sh*t" but not me ?

Oh, do grow up.

Interesting. I got a huge amount of abuse for suggesting something similar last week. I was lectured about see him play first.

Now we have...

You haven't?

Anyway, I have and therefore my opinion is much more valid than yours. Personally I thought he looked exactly like a right footed Brazilian Centre Midfielder would look if he was played Left Wing on his debut in a clash between 2 League One teams. Completely shocked and confused.

Horrible decision to stick him out there, his passing was crisp and simple and he was pretty athletic, he's clearly a centre midfielder and I think he'd do quite well there but to judge him on a game where he's played left wing is just absurd. Especially as your basing your smugness on someone else's reports.

It is a good job that forums like this weren't around when McMenemy got Saints relagated, or when Dave Watson made his debut (4,0 loss at WBA), Svenson made his debut ( 3.0 loss at Anfield) or Keegan didn't score in his first two games.

People seem to wan't eveything to be 100% perfect and delivered yesterday, if not the toys start to come out of the pram.

None of us yet know why Pardew was sacked, who is to replace him, or what Guly can do if played in his proper position.

Nobody likes uncertainty, but as the appointement of a new manager is out of our control, it is best not to worry about it and to wait and see.

I would say that whoever is appointed needs time, but that would be a bit hypoctrical of me, as I couldn't stand Branfoot after the first 10 minutes I see Saints play under him.

It is a good job that forums like this weren't around when McMenemy got Saints relagated, or when Dave Watson made his debut (4,0 loss at WBA), Svenson made his debut ( 3.0 loss at Anfield) or Keegan didn't score in his first two games.

Or when Glenn ****erill made his debut (7-0 loss at Luton)

This forum has shot at and rubbished every single manager that has had his head raised above the parapet.

This forum doesn't deserve a manager installed at SFC. We could do better ourselves..

Oh alright then, if you insist.

D_P & nickh dream team it is. We'll have Granty as player coach. Minty will get the photo contract and Scudamore gets the programme contract. I'll get down and sort NC out hopefully Saturday before the game.

I know we'll be a success as the first task will be to cancel Pulis's contract and then show our wide men where the bye-line is and how to cross a football from nearer to the corner flag than the half way line.

HTH

Though I think he may have managed his last club, Newcastle, Kevin Keegan would be the man for me. Passionate, plays attractive football (No hoofing up to RL) and would get more bums on seats. He did a fantastic job at money backed Fulham also under foreign ownership, and had an unlucky second time around at Newcastle under that fat **** Mike Ashley.

Though I think he may have managed his last club, Newcastle, Kevin Keegan would be the man for me. Passionate, plays attractive football (No hoofing up to RL) and would get more bums on seats. He did a fantastic job at money backed Fulham also under foreign ownership, and had an unlucky second time around at Newcastle under that fat **** Mike Ashley.

A Keegan appointment would get a lot of support from many supporters but wasn't he one of the ex-players Cortese had a pop at in the press - would NC swallow his pride and welcome KK?

I'd enjoy a Keegan return - while it lasted!

and don't forget he also got Man City promoted to the Prem.

The longer I think about it, the more I would love to see Tony Mowbray installed as our next manager.

As has been mentioned before in many circles, his philosophy surrounding man management and playing style seems to fit with the philosophy of our chairman, and he has good experience of success and contacts within the game..

Rumours about him are all rather quiet at the moment and he is of course currently without a post.

Perhaps, maybe....

Phil Brown would be an awful appointment... egotistic and arrogant. Teamtalks on the pitch and singing after staying up? Please use you intelligence Cortese and not hire him.

Shows he's a human being the singing. The teamtalk was a good idea after their terrible first-half performance at City.

Phil Brown took a team finishing 21st and got them promoted at the first attempt AND kept them up.

Decent and enthusiastic manager with good experience of the lower leagues. Certainly rather him than Zola.

You want 5-3 scorelines, 18 wins and 17 losses throughout the season culminating in a mid-table finish - great - go for Zola.

I'd rather be bored out of my skull and get promoted with either Billy Davies or Phil Brown at the helm. (although I'd much prefer Brown)

Managers who wouldn't be stunned for Cortesse to want and would come imho:

Brown - don't overly like him but think he could do well- and quickly which may appeal to NC

Zola - not sure of experience but would bring very fresh start and good image

Howe - think he would come and would be released (interview on solent) seems good tactically not sure if pressure of bigger club and instant results would be right

Mowbray - not sure he would go from Celtic to league 1 but good manager

Would not be surprised out of Brown/Zola/Howe

So, its OK for others to say "Guly is sh*t" but not me ?

Oh, do grow up.

I don't like getting on your back (although you may think otherwise) but did you read his post? Admittedly the tone may have p*ssed you off somewhat, but he did hit the nail pretty much squarely on the head. And your response just backs up his argument, yet you fail to see it. I've said before that you do make some good points on occasion. Unfortunately the constant point scoring attitude is almost as annoying as the (almost) continuous negativity and as a result many discount your opinions before they even read them.

The "misconduct" rumour over Pardew could be right.

Our "ITK" player says Pardew had a bust up with Fonte over personal matters with a certain Mrs Fonte , and the players were not happy with what Pardew had done , the player apparently said "he deserved to go".

Fonte wanted to hand in a transfer request if Pardew stayed.

Although the player was unsure why Wally Downes and Stuart Murdoch went as well because of Pardew's actions , he thought it could be Cortese "freshening things up" and allowing the new man to choose him own backroom staff.

He had no ideas about who the new manager could be , might come up during the meeting later.

Remember don't shoot the messenger - i'm just passing it on and it might be rubbish.

There is a team meeting this afternoon involving Cortese , Wilkins and the players