New Manager Gossip & Rumours

saint lard

The "misconduct" rumour over Pardew could be right.

Our "ITK" player says Pardew had a bust up with Fonte over personal matters with a certain Mrs Fonte , and the players were not happy with what Pardew had done , the player apparently said "he deserved to go".

Fonte wanted to hand in a transfer request if Pardew stayed.

Although the player was unsure why Wally Downes and Stuart Murdoch went as well because of Pardew's actions , he thought it could be Cortese "freshening things up" and allowing the new man to choose him own backroom staff.

He had no ideas about who the new manager could be , might come up during the meeting later.

Remember don't shoot the messenger - i'm just passing it on and it might be rubbish.

There is a team meeting this afternoon involving Cortese , Wilkins and the players

If, and it's a big if, this is true, then it becomes a lot more understandable why Pardew was given the boot. Still, I doubt we'll ever really know the whole truth about this.

The more I think about Phil Brown, the more I think that it would be a good appointment. He demands respect and he did a fantastic job at Hull. They played some good football and he made some good signings in the window with less money that what we have available to us here.

I think he'd be ideal. If not, Tony Mowbray or Zola would be just as good.

I find some of these rumours extremely humourous. The pardew having an affair has now morphed to suddenly be having an affair with Fonte's wife. Could this be linked to a posting yesterday saying that if he did have an affair it should have been with Fonte's missus as she's a real looker. This has all the believability of those chain letter that keep circulating the internet. The message is always the same but the details keep changing so gullible people will swallow the horse****

I find some of these rumours extremely humourous. The pardew having an affair has now morphed to suddenly be having an affair with Fonte's wife. Could this be linked to a posting yesterday saying that if he did have an affair it should have been with Fonte's missus as she's a real looker. This has all the believability of those chain letter that keep circulating the internet. The message is always the same but the details keep changing so gullible people will swallow the horse****

Okay, what happened then Alan?

Right , just got this text - forwarded to me from the lad who gets the info from the player:

"Meeting just finished , Club will not rush appointment -there was a bust-up at the training ground between Pardew and Fonte and a couple of other players and coaches - Cortese turned up and the result was Pardew being sacked. Cortese told him to take his "drinking mates" with him and leave Southampton having already been warned about this last season" .

Make of that what you will.

Right , just got this text - forwarded to me from the lad who gets the info from the player:

"Meeting just finished , Club will not rush appointment -there was a bust-up at the training ground between Pardew and Fonte and a couple of other players and coaches - Cortese turned up and the result was Pardew being sacked. Cortese told him to take his "drinking mates" with him and leave Southampton having already been warned about this last season" .

You forgot the link to the 1976Forums fella...

And yes, I'd say the same to anyone making your comments, so don't write it all off as abuse of the alpine cariacature.

Just out of interest, Mr. Alpine. Why did you miss the above line off your "quote" when you replied thus?

So, its OK for others to say "Guly is sh*t" but not me ?

Oh, do grow up.

Just curious thats all. :rolleyes:

The more I think about Phil Brown, the more I think that it would be a good appointment. He demands respect and he did a fantastic job at Hull. They played some good football and he made some good signings in the window with less money that what we have available to us here.

I think he'd be ideal. If not, Tony Mowbray or Zola would be just as good.

Never ever please. Way too many off field rumours* about excessive drinking, gambling, night clubs, affairs with staff.

*rumours = means I cant be sued

If ( and it is a big if) this is true then that would explain the haste in the departure !

And if ( note "if") this is his second warning, it might explain the reports of Markus wanting him gone too.

And finally "if" this all is true then Cortese acted absolutely correctly in getting him out pronto !

Were the players in for training on Sunday then, I'd been told they had the day off ?

And why did it need a meeting with NC to tell the player the reason if there was a training ground bust up?

"Hey lads, remember on, er... Sunday - yes it must've been Sunday - remember that training ground bust up? Do you? Yeah? Well, that's what the sacking's about. Oh, and by the way, I will not be rushed. Cheerio."

Hold on what training session? We won 0-4 on Saturday, and there was not a training session on Sunday, and he was sacked either Sunday night or Monday morning!!

And why did it need a meeting with NC to tell the player the reason if there was a training ground bust up?

"Hey lads, remember on, er... Sunday - yes it must've been Sunday - remember that training ground bust up? Do you? Yeah? Well, that's what the sacking's about. Oh, and by the way, I will not be rushed. Cheerio."

I would have liked to be in that meeting it sounds well funny!! ha ha ha

Maybe he was showing some leadership; telling them that last night wasn't acceptable, they are highly paid privilidged professionals employed by SFC soneed to perform, whilst updating on the search for AP's replacement (their new boss) so that they don't get caught up in all the rumour-mill rubbish?

Maybe he was showing some leadership; telling them that last night wasn't acceptable, they are highly paid privilidged professionals employed by SFC soneed to perform, whilst updating on the search for AP's replacement (their new boss) so that they don't get caught up in all the rumour-mill rubbish?

Now that, I can believe!

I am fed up with all the same stories to why he was sacked, can someone make up an interesting one just to get me through month end?

I heard Pards wears a toupe and Cortese feels this is fundamentally dishonest. Being a man of principle he was left with little choice.

The "misconduct" rumour over Pardew could be right.

Our "ITK" player says Pardew had a bust up with Fonte over personal matters with a certain Mrs Fonte , and the players were not happy with what Pardew had done , the player apparently said "he deserved to go".

Fonte wanted to hand in a transfer request if Pardew stayed.

Although the player was unsure why Wally Downes and Stuart Murdoch went as well because of Pardew's actions , he thought it could be Cortese "freshening things up" and allowing the new man to choose him own backroom staff.

He had no ideas about who the new manager could be , might come up during the meeting later.

Remember don't shoot the messenger - i'm just passing it on and it might be rubbish.

There is a team meeting this afternoon involving Cortese , Wilkins and the players

Thanks for passing the info on but your 'ITK' player never appears to be correct.

You forgot the link to the 1976Forums fella...

I'm just a member of that site , why would I wanna advertise it?

That's like you putting "Saints Web LTD " on the end of all your posts.

Were the players in for training on Sunday then, I'd been told they had the day off ?

Was a couple of weeks back apparently , between the memorial service for Markus and the Orient game.

"Emotions got the better of a lot of people" was the qoute used.

Got a bit ugly , some players not happy at Pardew's actions and got a bit pushy-shovey. Downes and Murdoch sticking up for Pardew etc.

The only bit I'm trying to get my head round is why it took Cortese this long to get rid of Pardew if he didn't have someone to come in straight away.

The transfer request(s) from a key player(s) have been withdrawn now he's gone , there was certainly some unrest.

I think Cortese obviously would rather see Pardew go than lose a couple of our best players.

Even I think it's hard to believe , but Pardew was like that at West Ham - sneeky bugger :sulk:

Hold on what training session? We won 0-4 on Saturday, and there was not a training session on Sunday, and he was sacked either Sunday night or Monday morning!!

I heard it was Saturday after the win, apparently over Antonio, Cortese said No to £1M for him, and it degenerated from there

But the seeds of his departure had been sown weeks ago

Cortese's "error" was sacking him before lining up a replacement

(Mind you, Branfoot is on the phone I believe ?? )

I heard it was Saturday after the win, apparently over Antonio, Cortese said No to £1M for him, and it degenerated from there

Antonio is injured and out for a time and so I doubt AP would be pushing for his return.

If you think about it , AP not getting Papa back was anotehr error.

In AP's pre-Bristol interview, he mentioned picking the team that will go out with the best chance of winning and will not involve "personal feelings" - I thought that was a weird comment but now what Lambden has just posted, could mean that this happened Pre-Bristol Rovers...? Yes?

His remark about personal feelings really did make me wonder. Anyone...?

If a player has a bust up with a manager, I would back the manager every time. Obviously, we don’t know the facts here and there are rumours (probably ridiculous rumours made up by kids) of Pardew sleeping with WAGS and we probably will never know.

If this is just down to player power (again) then Cortese should have backed Pardew and put Fonte and whoever else was playing up on the transfer list.

Managers are meant to manage and ruffle some feathers at times, Cortese knows this and unless he was just looking for an excuse to get rid of Pardew would have back him.

Also, what is going on with these players? If they hated Pardew, you would think they would have put in a performance last night to show that they don’t need him. Same thing with Villa loosing 6 -0. If you want to prove a point do it on the pitch don’t just moan and whinge.

If a player has a bust up with a manager, I would back the manager every time. Obviously, we don’t know the facts here and there are rumours (probably ridiculous rumours made up by kids) of Pardew sleeping with WAGS and we probably will never know.

If this is just down to player power (again) then Cortese should have backed Pardew and put Fonte and whoever else was playing up on the transfer list.

Managers are meant to manage and ruffle some feathers at times, Cortese knows this and unless he was just looking for an excuse to get rid of Pardew would have back him.

Also, what is going on with these players? If they hated Pardew, you would think they would have put in a performance last night to show that they don’t need him. Same thing with Villa loosing 6 -0. If you want to prove a point do it on the pitch don’t just moan and whinge.

Does that involve knobbing their wives ?

Surely nobody believes that 'ITK' player bull. Of the rumours this player has passed on an exact 0% of them have come true.

I think the 'ITK' player is either Stig Johansen or Imaginary. Or maybe said player is an imposter on 1976 forums (the WUM site Lamden and his cronies dream up 'ITK' stories for.)

Lol. WUM.

Edited by Saint Charlie

I meant muppet chairman!!

If some of the stories beginning to emerge are correct there's going to be a lot of backtracking by quite a number of fans. It shouldn't take too long for the papers to get hold of some of this once players start telling mates, coaches tell brothers, I'm sure plenty will already know around the footballing world.

Keep an open mind and dont go OTT with the accusations IMO.

Least believable rumour yet (even behind the one I invented) and that's saying something.