Rain

Tonight's Forecast

45.png

Low

12°

Sunset: 19:36

Chance of Precip. 30%

Showers Early

NC hates the press, so clearly he will wait until AFTER it has been raining for an hour or so

Brilliant 16 degrees feels like 16 degrees..... that is because it is 16 degrees?

IF we do not look like going up he will be gone! I can see many of the players leaving in Jan and not being replaced. For me this is a cheap option and a step backwards, unless there is a bigger name with him.

The cheap option would be getting an out of work manager, not taking a manager from the league above, having to pay compensation to his current club and probably significantly increase his wages.

The cheap option would be getting an out of work manager' date=' not taking a manager from the league above, having to pay compensation to his current club and probably significantly increase his wages.[/quote']

Cannot see why we would pay compensation for a manager like this? Does not make sense to me for the big future that SFC have!

Cannot see why we would pay compensation for a manager like this? Does not make sense to me for the big future that SFC have!

How does it not make sense? He could succeed just like any other manager. He's done brilliantly at S****horpe, hence why he has been touted for numerous vacant managers jobs in the Championship in the last year, and as such, if we want him we're going to have to pay for him.

The odds still don't necessarily mean anything' date=' even if they've gone to 1/20 or been taken off. Just means a lot of people have put money on him, doesn't mean they're ITK.[/quote']

its not even that much momey -just a couple of chunky bets

http://www.walsall.web-fans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=905:former-aston-villa-and-celtic-manager-martin-oneill-odds-slashed-for-southampton-vacancy&catid=5:league-one-news&Itemid=5

In defence to Phil Brown (He's not my prefered choice)

alot of people have accused him of being a bit wasteful when being at Hull in the PL, which he was when spending stupid amounts on players and giving them stupid wages...

...but I think he did this because he had to, the team that went up from the championship wasn't good enough and wasn't built to go up (I think we beat them 4-0 that year) and so suprised himself in a way when they went up.

If he was at Saints i'm sure he'd build a team capable of competing up there

I've been told there was an interview in Nth Hants this am and Cortese is now back at SMS. The thought is that things are moving. After getting permission to speak to Adkins last night it could possibly have been him. If reports of the press hanging around at SMS are true they may have a lead.

People really do forget where we are, Adkins has done brilliantly at S****horpe, getting promotion from this league, which we are currently struggling to acheive.

He has kept a small squad in the Championship, ahead of teams like Sheffield Wednesday and Peterborough, teams with far bigger budgets than theirs.

People need to stop being so snobbish and get real. Adkins would be a very good appointment.

People really do forget where we are, Adkins has done brilliantly at S****horpe, getting promotion from this league, which we are currently struggling to acheive.

He has kept a small squad in the Championship, ahead of teams like Sheffield Wednesday and Peterborough, teams with far bigger budgets than theirs.

People need to stop being so snobbish and get real. Adkins would be a very good appointment.

Do not disagree with what you are saying, but do not think he is right for Saints. Players will leave and not be replaced and he will be out before the end of the season. I just cannot see it working. As I have said before if he gets in I will 100% support him, but do not think it will work for us as a club unless it is along side someone else.

I still think we could be in with a suprise!

the fans patience will be thin if we get a manager who doesn't make us sit up. A 'name' will get more time than an Adkins of the world.

IMO there is a good chance that we wont go up this season, as the fans will be very edgy unless we start to look like a proper team. That will in turn cause its own pressures.

If this goes wrong and the fans turn, NC will walk and the family may lose interest.NC may have faced pressure in business but it is nothing like the stuff football fans can administor.

The saga is starting up again.

Of course if we get an appointment that can satisfy the majority things could be more positive, but i suggest Adkins will not be that person.

I will support who comes in but I dont see the players or fans getting anything from an appointment like him/Brown?Hart etc

Only a few short weeks ago, the Family AND Cortese stated that they would continue to carry out Markus Leibherrs wishes, ie the Five Year Plan to get us back to the Prem

Cortese does not strike me as the sort of person to "walk". He already knows that Pardew's departure has not gone down well without any explanation, yet he still chooses NOT to tell us/anyone anything

I've been told there was an interview in Nth Hants this am and Cortese is now back at SMS. The thought is that things are moving. After getting permission to speak to Adkins last night it could possibly have been him. If reports of the press hanging around at SMS are true they may have a lead.

wonder if Cortese came back with Adkins or alone????? could be telling!

There are no press outside SMS.

There isn't it amazing what technology can do. All you need is someone with a web cam and a decent set of hacking software.

Getting close but so far only found memos relating to staff being off work sick in catering after they test the pies for sale. Apparently they only stock the ones that get a 100% sick-day ratio

There are no press outside SMS.

There isn't it amazing what technology can do. All you need is someone with a web cam and a decent set of hacking software.

Getting close but so far only found memos relating to staff being off work sick in catering after they test the pies for sale. Apparently they only stock the ones that get a 100% sick-day ratio

Are you on google earth again Phil?

To all those that think Adkins is the wrong man because he's only ever managed players bought on a small budget: If we appoint Adkins, I think it means NC is looking for someone with experience of working on a shoestring budget, because that is exactly what NC intends to give the new manager.

The appointment of Adkins would be a sign that the days of (relatively) big-spending southampton are behind us.

Still dont think it will be anyone WITH a job that we have to pay compensation for.

Better candidates are available Free of Charge....

Dont forget Cortese is a Banker at heart , value for money is everything to him . Besides I dont think the purse is bulging currently.

Adkins /Howe ...will cost money

Keegan/MON.....Free of charge

Hmmmmmm

Worringly Brown ....Free of charge and cheap wages !!

Adkins - Sports psychology diploma, business and finance degree, UEFA coaching badges, taken the applied management in professional football course at Warwick Business School, A qualified physiotherapist. Took Bangor to qualifying stages of the Champions League, two promotions and kept S****horpe in the hampionship on an average gate of 6383, 14559 less than we had never mind all our other financial assets.

He sounds like an outstanding manager and he's 45 not a young manager like Eddie Howe and has shown his loyalty by staying 14 years at S****horpe to date.

To all those that think Adkins is the wrong man because he's only ever managed players bought on a small budget: If we appoint Adkins, I think it means NC is looking for someone with experience of working on a shoestring budget, because that is exactly what NC intends to give the new manager.

The appointment of Adkins would be a sign that the days of (relatively) big-spending southampton are behind us.

100% my worry, player exits, not replaced and back to where we were with Lowe, but in NC case the club will be sold when he has recouped monies.

This is my main fear that the dream and the great year we had is ending.... I think it is just the Saints fan way of thinking doom and gloom!!

I still think someone like Paul Jewell would do a good job for us. Adkins I can accept and would also fully expect him to lift us up to the CCC. Howe i would also accept but as more of a gamble.

MON I would treat to a slap up meal.

You must be on a wind-up about Jewell? He's never going to recover from the naked photos.

He sounds like an outstanding manager and he's 45 not a young manager like Eddie Howe and has shown his loyalty by staying 14 years at S****horpe to date.

perhaps he's been there that long because nobody else wanted him. Useful though as he could do the books massages and manage, are you sure it is not Dubai Phil as he did all that before the forum match

perhaps he's been there that long because nobody else wanted him. Useful though as he could do the books massages and manage, are you sure it is not Dubai Phil as he did all that before the forum match

10 years as the physio, but then so was Bob Paisley and Bertie Mee and look what they achieved at the highest levels.

Are you on google earth again Phil?

Bah, far better than that. Now think of the biggest nation on earth (ego wise) and where they currently have all their resources (army) and then all you need is a way to hack in to their Sat system. Hell anyone can do that - they show you on enough movies.

OR my mate the taxi driver just dropped someone at the Docks and drove past and txt'd me.

I prefer the first version myself

Still dont think it will be anyone WITH a job that we have to pay compensation for.

Better candidates are available Free of Charge....

Dont forget Cortese is a Banker at heart , value for money is everything to him . Besides I dont think the purse is bulging currently.

Adkins /Howe ...will cost money

Keegan/MON.....Free of charge

Hmmmmmm

Worringly Brown ....Free of charge and cheap wages !!

Judging by your location this can be put down in your current state.

But to think that Adkins or Howe would be cheaper than O'Neil or Keegan is beyond crazy.

If its to be someone who knows what they are doing in getting out of Division One Adkins is the outstanding candidate.

He may even be good enough for the CC - but if you want the outstanding guy for the CC its probably Billy Davies.

If you want someone to stay in the Premiership and punch above your weight then probably Allardyce is your man.

If you want to get into europe without going too mental then MON is the guy.

Right now NC need only concern himself with number one. And thats what i think he will choose. And he'd be right to as well. Its not as sexy as Keegan or MON but Adkins gurantees promotion much more than the glamour names, as counterintuitive as it seems.

I wouldnt get a ferrari to do my weekly sainsburys shop even if i thought i might need it for a drive in a few years time. If i got a problem with my plumbing i call the best local plumber - not the guy who fixes the hoover dam. If i needed to drill a hole in a piece of wood i wouldnt use a mont blanc pen with 24ct gold nib, id use a black and decker.If i wanted to show that i know my football id pick the manager most likely to get me the title " div 1 champions 2010" on our honours board. I think that will be Adkins.

Bah, far better than that. Now think of the biggest nation on earth (ego wise) and where they currently have all their resources (army) and then all you need is a way to hack in to their Sat system. Hell anyone can do that - they show you on enough movies.

OR my mate the taxi driver just dropped someone at the Docks and drove past and txt'd me.

I prefer the first version myself

it must be the first one as the second theory falls on its face as you put put 'mate' and so that is just too far fetched

starting to go off the idea of o neil as manager now, hes a great manager and all that but wed always be worrying that he would move on as soon as a liverpool man city job became available. his appointment may be too much too soon for us.

im warming a bit to phil brown especially over adkins. brown did a great job at hull and his promotion to the prem and staying there is more than adkins has achieved.

i still hope for one of sven. hoddle or leonardo that would be the the best outcome imo

it must be the first one as the second theory falls on its face as you put put 'mate' and so that is just too far fetched

OK enuff already, the Geezer that I bring Duty Free smokes back for when I need a lift to the airport or a ticket for the game.

He has one of them nice posh 8 seat motor thingys.

Always runs me around in his beaten up old Corsa. Anyway he was in the big beast and took time to drive past

Adkins - Sports psychology diploma, business and finance degree, UEFA coaching badges, taken the applied management in professional football course at Warwick Business School, A qualified physiotherapist. Took Bangor to qualifying stages of the Champions League, two promotions and kept S****horpe in the hampionship on an average gate of 6383, 14559 less than we had never mind all our other financial assets.

He sounds like someone good at exams.

Brian Clough once got his league medals out to young Nigel and said "There you are, there's my A levels".

I think Alex Ferguson might have a City and Guilds in welding.

Edited by Wade Garrett